Jan 14 2013
By: n00ne_imp0rtant Splicer 53 posts

Do ragequits affect belts?

4 replies 294 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

I haven't been able to tell if quitting in the middle of a match causes the quitter to lose belt rank. If not, it definitely should, and the "Quit" option should say "Forfeit" instead. The problem of ragequitters could immediately be resolved by applying a "punishment" deduction to belts (e.g. drop the belt rank number even more than a 4th place would). In addition, whose awful idea was it to have one person "hosting" the match? This causes the entire match to be dropped if the host quits.

Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Re: Do ragequits affect belts?

Jan 14, 2013

If you ragequit while not being the host, you probably will be in last place and lose 10 or more points. If you are the host, the whole match will be cancelled and sometimes your don’t lose anything.

I find rage quitters the biggest issue while playing this game. Maybe Superbot need to make an ugly and disgusting ‘ragequit belt‘ that stays for the whole season.

Message 2 of 5 (276 Views)
Highlighted
Big Daddy
18887 posts

Jan 14, 2013

With the frequency and sometimes seemingly randomness of host disconnects I've seen, and with varying error codes, I sometimes wonder how many of these are actually "rage quits".

The game should show a count of how many times a host or player has dropped their connection. This would either show that they quit frequently, or they have unreliable internet; neither of which are positive attributes. The game could use this figure to refrain from allowing this person from being a host, so if they drop, the game can go on. 

But, if there is a forfeit option, it should take into consideration your current position in the fight. I mean, what if pizza delivery is knocking at the door? You can't make the guy wait 3 mins for the match to end, but now you don't want to quit either because you'll lose crazy belt points. How do we be fair here?

Message 3 of 5 (270 Views)
Monster Hunter
29 posts

Jan 5, 2014

I think they do, I lost a couple point the other day.

---
stop bannin me
Message 4 of 5 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3362 posts

Jan 5, 2014
This thread is locked due to necrobumping
Message 5 of 5 (160 Views)
0 Likes