Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Do You Think Sackboys Level3 Needs a Fix

Feb 11, 2013
Well he also takes the longest to get to level 3 then other characters (even Sweet Tooth). You do realize you can escpae being 3 killed right. You did it on me in our first Drake vs Sackboy match. You have to be literally touching the opponent to get three kills in 1v1.

You can also escape it even when you start it right next to the opponent. Asis, a player most have heard of, feinted me into getting 2 kills. He feinted in a bubble! I didn't even know it was possible till he did it. I say that since it takes him the longest to get to level 3, it should be the most rewarding.

Heck Nariko's lasts like 5 seconds longer and almost impossible to dodge all 3 kills, which is very easy for her to get.
Message 51 of 64 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 11, 2013

This is rediculous. He doesn't need a level 3 nerf. People just don't like the idea of him winning games with his level 3 because they can't do it with their favorite character. His level 3 is balanced because he would have a hard time chasing down 3 people who werent in bubbles.

If they don't respawn in bubbles, he needs a paintinator that he can spam.

Message 52 of 64 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 11, 2013
ridiculous*
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 53 of 64 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 12, 2013
@Trashcap OMG yes. Why wasn't this in the game in the first place. It would get 1 ap each shot and no flinching but it would actually make him more usable far range and fires fast but maybe 4-6 shots per second. Seriously it was big in LBP, I wonder why it isn't here.
Message 54 of 64 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Ginta, there is a 99% chance you will not evade Sackboys level3, and if you do it's an error of the Sackboy because its almost impossible not to get it, It's not right. And yes Narikos level3 lasts way longer and is killer on dojo, but even still I can dodge that and usually do. I easily dodge Narikos 3 on medium maps. Either way Ginta, we obviously have very different opinions especially since you main Sackboy, so of course after the Nerf that balanced him out, you wouldn't want his level3 to be altered either. But we'll agree to disagree.
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 55 of 64 (74 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Yeah I guess we'll have to come to a halt. I have dodged Nariko's level 3 before so I guess no arguing that, although it can get 9 kills easy though. I guess I am a little bias but logically I see no reason he should get another nerf. If they nerf his level 3 they better raise back his jam and make his combos usable on everyone again. Also make his forward tiangle charged cancelable since I hate being locked. I also expect some nerf Emmett's level 3 soon though, it could probably get a lot of easy kills. I am just saying though if they nerf his level 3 he could be one of the worst characters in the game, Radec level.
Message 56 of 64 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Lol im biased.

I look at it this way: If you're good enough (1v1) then you'll kill SB 3times before he even reaches lvl 3.

I faced Ginta and when he got his lvl 3 he had to activate it next to me to get the 3 kills & then GG. But then there were other matches where I killed him off before he could reach his lvl 3 then GG.

So it all depends on SBs opponent and if their compentent enough to land their hots while avoiding being hit (which is pretty easy against SB and his godly slow projectiles). Not to mention GC and Dan can absorb the cakes, Nariko and Sly can reverse it.
Message 57 of 64 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Feb 12, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

sprocideon wrote:

Maybe if the AP necessary for the level 3 was upped from 600 to 750? His level 3 isn't all bad. The kills are just based on the size of the stage. On a large stage (like dreamscape) he has to do alot of running around to get more than 3 kills. On a place like dojo he can get more than 3 easily.

I thought his last nerf made it into 750ap? Didn't it?

Sorry, i have the prima guide and thats what it says his level 3 needed. I didn't know they had nerfed him already. 

See more on Know Your Meme
Message 58 of 64 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Yeah Layback I remember those matches, you were the one I dodged Nariko's level 3 on. Yeah you can easily kill Sackboy 3 times before he reaches level 3. I would really like to do his level 1 more, but that is extremely missable unless confirmed so I go for the level 3 on highly skilled players. His up grab confirm has a luck based chance that it will work, which makes me even more mad. And with Layback knowing G. Cole can absorb the cake, it wasn't that easy at all to get to level 3.
Message 59 of 64 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Yeah GGs btw. But I honestly think SBs lvl 3 is fair and well earned with how hard it is for him to earn it. But I'm staying biased though because I don't want to be targeted by either party...

Oh & I'm transitioning over to EC to be more competitive. But I have a theory I didn't test out but I think I seen: If you place a ground bounce pad on the ground and EC Gigapunches, will he just bounce up? If so, I may be safer for SB to leave a bounce pad in front of him rather that an electric pad which he can super armor through.
Message 60 of 64 (44 Views)
0 Likes