Treasure Hunter
5237 posts

Re: Do Jak players know anything else?

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

*looks for the inevitable bluediamond post*, oh the coast is clear..

Ye unfortunately because those few moves are so effective (along with forward triangle) jak players barely do anything but.

Jak by nature is a bit of a lame character, any character that encourages air camping is. When u have the ability to securely aircamp however is when things get out of hand.

Red Circle shouldnt be able to break block, hell it should require a longer charge period to stun players at all. it also shouldnt be able to switch directions or be cancellable. Then by all means buff some of his other moves like that drone thingy.

Wow your pathetic as usual. So first you say Jak is fine and needs no buff whatso ever yet you know he has some ineffective moves. Then you take away two aspects to Jaks best gun, the direction it can be switched in and its guard break ability. If both of those are taken away do you have any idea how bad and low tier Jak would be? He needs that red gun to be like that. Of course you're not aware that he has no useful stunniing moves that can be used near him for combo'ing into. His other guns have no tricks, no range, bad Ap gain, etc. 

Now towards the end you say buff some things like the "drone thingy". Your opinions are downright contradicting and lacking. You try to add rational tones and words to your comments to back up your points which fails so hard, because your opinions make no sense to any extent. STOP JUDGING CHACRACTERS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT OR HAVE NO LONG TERM EXPERIENCE WITH! I am sick and tired of your dumb opinions. Make no sense at all. I can tell your opinions come straight off just facing other Jak's. Jak needs a buff period, no maybe, no no, yes.

I am not being bias nor am thinking all his guns/moves need to be true to his series, but after seeing what he's got to offer compared to the rest of the cast, he desparetely needs a buff.

It's like you people just see one or 2 moves that annoy you of a character then start listing opinions like you actually got tthe right to.

Keep in mind that majority of the cast has counter attacks, Jak has none. Some most of the cast has cheap tricks like Drakes stunning gun slowing you down and preventing jumping, Drakes highly defensive and spammable barrels, Sly's alarm clock, confuse bomb, teleport, counter etc, Ratchets sniper with great range and stunning effect, pistol that doesn't require 3shots to get knocked back, has the some double tap/rate of fire ability in the air, has suck cannon, tesla coils, Raidens counter, Ap gain and speed, Coles freeze into level 1, Coles lightning string9what ever its called). Jak has no useful counters(talking about Mass Inverter), no tricks, no useful stunning(like electrical attakcs, counters, etc), bad Ap gain, slow start up weapons, a tricky and hard to use lvl 1(mostly for 2v2 and 1v1), a lot of vulnurabilies, a bad level 2. Such has far mor weaknesses then people know. Complaining about his predictable and slow start up red gun(WC)is downright selfish, pathetic and irrational when we look at his other weaknesses.

"A massive list should also not imply over-balance or fear" ~Just--Tank

My Perspective Challenge Accepted Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SAoS-shQA&list=UUP953ajePS4ml6pgt0sfPJg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (214 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I am a jak player and I use every move he has. granted, some more then others but thats only because of the punishability of alot of his moves. in other words, to use his mass inverter more then most of us would do would be impractical because it's way to slow and does almost nothing to gain or potentialy gain ap.

now it seems to me that alot of players 'hate' losing to jak. why you ask? because he has no 'practical' kill confirm so they feel (I think) a bit ashamed to be losing to someone who has a fixed disadvantage in the psasbr universe.

ow, and also, if certain players keep playing a certain way without changing up their approach, how can you expect us to change ours if it evidently works? 

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (203 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Feb 17, 2013

M-Pyre wrote:

I am a jak player and I use every move he has. granted, some more then others but thats only because of the punishability of alot of his moves. in other words, to use his mass inverter more then most of us would do would be impractical because it's way to slow and does almost nothing to gain or potentialy gain ap.

now it seems to me that alot of players 'hate' losing to jak. why you ask? because he has no 'practical' kill confirm so they feel (I think) a bit ashamed to be losing to someone who has a fixed disadvantage in the psasbr universe.

ow, and also, if certain players keep playing a certain way without changing up their approach, how can you expect us to change ours if it evidently works? 

Dude Ive played you before, its impossible to 1v1 u, having no kill confirm doesnt matter when you are impossible to confirm urself. Not only are u impossible to confirm, u are impossible to throw, hard to counter and in some cases impossible to hit with certain characters. I leave matches with you because u always just spam the same down circle combo, get to level 3 and beat everyone.

Also the no kill confirm arguement is complete **bleep**, I play BD with no KCs and I win most if not all matches without drakes and jaks. I am aware he has some but I dont use them. The difference being people are able to hit, throw and kill me. The only thing that keeps me alive is my ability to predict supers, not some skill that allows me to stay airbourn for 99% of a match.

Honestly ur almost as bad if not worse than DemonicPrime.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (196 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Feb 17, 2013

@BlueDiamond

You really dont get this do you, I dont read your posts. I see a long block of text usually started by some insult then I move on.

Coreno Statistics

Look at the statistics and get your head out of your **bleep**.

Check out my [Moveset Creation Guide] ,my [PSASBR Wishlist]
...and my Movesets!

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5237 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Digidevil4 wrote:

@BlueDiamond

You really dont get this do you, I dont read your posts. I see a long block of text usually started by some insult then I move on.

Coreno Statistics

Look at the statistics and get your head out of your **bleep**.

You really don't get it do you? You ignore all of my points and then try to make some like you're right. All you're doing is showing how im right and making points you simply can't beat. As I said before stop making excuses, stop lying to yourself and stop listing lacking opinions. If you read what I said may'be you can get at least some idea of why Jak is not that great overall as a character. He has many mant limitations, which goes into why most Jak players SPAM CERTAIN GUNS. I am one of the best people to list Jak's weaknesses and advantages. I know all his weaknesses, strong points and limitatiions. I know what needs buffing and what doesn't. UNDERSTND that you can never beat me on this subject. I know Jak very well, far more then other Jak's so I will always have stronger points as well because of my experience. 

This chart doesn't prove a thing and is not relevant to Jak needing or not needing a buff. Get your head out of your @ss and do some more research because your opinions on Jak are sad as hell. Only problem people should have with Jak is his mobility. Have you even seem some videos on Jak's performance vs certain people? Have you seen how bad Jak struggles? 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (185 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Feb 17, 2013
All of jaks best combos require his wave concussor, so you can t blame them for using it often. Plus the rest of his attacks are pretty **bleep** and are only there to be used with the wave concussor.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (159 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Feb 17, 2013

When it comes to people who spam with Jak all I see is his forward triangle, and admittedly when I use Jak I use down circle in the air often but not to the point where it's spamming, it's just the tool I use for getting in when I need to get up close and personal.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Feb 17, 2013
People spamming jak really give him a bad name. If I saw every spamming jak use jak efficiently tables would off turned during those matches. (not saying he's op or anything)

I use jak alot in quick match and though he deffo needs a buff on ap gain there's so many moves he has that is very useful. I personally like the (don't know names) down triangle, that bouncing bullet.... Its great for my playstyle as it gives me a split second to think what's the best to do next n is effective to pause spammers to get close etc

Then I think its O, >. The 3 blue slightly homing bullets that again makes a person slightly stunned and has the possibility to KC if the game has become very dynamic. The normal square is amazing in 2v2 and its holds a player in place for a little bit which is useful for your m8s lv3 and to land. But who do you see use them online?

I personally think the normal square (jaks spin) seriously needs a buff, its way to punishable. And the gravity blast, (up O if i remember) needs a buff and its so slow to fire them up which means its really punishable to supers and combos.

@bluediamond
What do you think about my buff ideas?
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5237 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
People spamming jak really give him a bad name. If I saw every spamming jak use jak efficiently tables would off turned during those matches. (not saying he's op or anything)

I use jak alot in quick match and though he deffo needs a buff on ap gain there's so many moves he has that is very useful. I personally like the (don't know names) down triangle, that bouncing bullet.... Its great for my playstyle as it gives me a split second to think what's the best to do next n is effective to pause spammers to get close etc

Then I think its O, >. The 3 blue slightly homing bullets that again makes a person slightly stunned and has the possibility to KC if the game has become very dynamic. The normal square is amazing in 2v2 and its holds a player in place for a little bit which is useful for your m8s lv3 and to land. But who do you see use them online?

I personally think the normal square (jaks spin) seriously needs a buff, its way to punishable. And the gravity blast, (up O if i remember) needs a buff and its so slow to fire them up which means its really punishable to supers and combos.

@bluediamond
What do you think about my buff ideas?

Ok.

A lot of his moves aren't actually useful. They all have their faults in them. Beam Reflexor especially.

KC off the Needle Lazer wouldn't work at all. It doesn't make sense, sorry :smileysad:

Spinkick and punch does need a buff. Both moves as you said are highly punishable. Once the opponent blocks Jak cannot do a thing once the spinkick and punch stops. Dante players have pwned me from spinkicking and punching them because Jak is wide open. Same goes with mmjaority of the cast who block Jak's moves.

What needs a buff is his Gyro Burster, Needle Lazer, Beam Reflexor, Wave Concussor(ask me why), Peace Maker, Mass Inverter, Punch, Spinkick, Super Dive Attack, JetBoard hit, and Lvl 2. 

IMPORTANT!!! Watch this video to see how his *guns* were before his overnerf. This video doesn't demostrate how great the Needle Lazer use to be and how useless it is because of an issue I had making the video. Same applies witht he Mass Inverter, Mass Inverter wasn't included. Arc Wielder received a buff after this video so exclude the AW. Buffs are included in the descri.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Feb 17, 2013
@bluediamond

Yeah I agree, as a jak fan and aswell sackboy the nerfs that they have recieved are just horrible a bit to dramatic.

But as i was saying about the needle lazer.... I deffo missed worded it saying its a confirm but i have got so many kills online after using it if it becomes a type air dynamic battle, for example most drakes jump in the air to either barrel or AK on the rope and using it stuns the opponent and most people then flutter and just allot themselves to land, this has gave me time to land get under them and then level 1 em (killed a few with lv2 after it). I've even killed them when they have tried double jumping after it. That's all am saying it works for me n my playstyle.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (93 Views)