Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: DmC - Dante in PSABR

Jan 17, 2013

GRG89 wrote:

10 hours? Yea, when is comes to hack/slash game I like to take make time. Like GOW3 for example, the majority of people said it only takes 6-8hours to beat. I like to unlock everything and play a high difficulty setting. That way it takes much more then simply 6-8 hours game. I'll definitely check this game out (when price drops). lol My focus is intirely  on NI NO KUNI at the moment

than itll be much longer than 10 hours. it was 10 hours for me because i went through the story, only grabbing things i could easily get to because i wanted to see the story first. 

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 41 of 54 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Somebody mentioned Ni No Kuni... Oliver for All-Stars!?
Oliver

Message 42 of 54 (128 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

GEMINIVice wrote:
So, last year a couple of RE games came out and tried to do things differently and make a few gameplay changes here and there. The reviews and critics tell ppl to hate the game, essentially saying they were garbage and 'Resident Evil' shouldn't have been on cover. And like mindless sheep, folks hated accordingly.

Now, a new Devil May Cry. Haven't played it, but it too looks to be trying to do things differently with some changes here and there. Reviews and critics tell ppl to like this game...and ppl praise the game.

Now some will say 'well I've played all the games you've mentioned Gemini, and those RE games that came out on console last year did suck. The new DMC is good.'

Really....if it really wasn't for someone giving there opinion on a gaming website or in a magazine, would ppl really be praising the new DMC.

....and to answer the thread question...my view/interest on Dante in the game hasn't changed....still no desire to use him

i actually liked resident evil 5 6 and operation raccoon. the problem is the AI sucked in raccoon so you needed friends for it to be better, and the only problem ive had with 6 is the lighting, its too dark and when they show light it flashes and you cant see. 

Message 43 of 54 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Don't know what to tell you, other then I genuinely played and enjoyed the game - the reason I mentioned the critic reviews, is for people who haven't played it in the sense that this game is a success in terms of the media, in contrast to the hate his inclusion was getting pre-release. I think the whole 'games rated high/low so people love/hate it' is a flawed arguement though. Assassins Creed 3 was a critical success but a lot of people didnt like it, Anarachy Reins is critically panned, but a lot of people love it. There are a lot of 'exceptions' & keeping in mind critic reviews are just opinions, it doesn't really make much of difference on people's own thoughts.

As for his alt costume, yeah I agree - but as I said before, I guess it would be deemed as kind of a spoiler.

exactly i love anarchy reigns, didnt like AC3 except the start and ending story wise. 

Message 44 of 54 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Go_Buddie_Go wrote:

Somebody mentioned Ni No Kuni... Oliver for All-Stars!?
Oliver

i can see that happening actually, its REALLY hyped up. hopefully its good, its gotten mixed reviews, demo was great though

Message 45 of 54 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Let me sum it up to two categories...

Combat - There's so many combo opportunities, and with the constant weapons being unlocked every now and then, it keeps opening up new possibilities making it fresh rather then stale. I guess somewhat like God of War 3 in particular. If people disagree, then the only valid complaint I can think of is that it's somewhat simplified, it requires timing to chain together moves, but it's easy to simply stumble upon a combo.

Story - Dont get me wrong, this isn't a 'oh I must know what happens next' type, but it is a lot more interesting then the usual crap they put in just for the sake of having one, and the motion capture performances were convincing. When I say the story is good, I mean it in comparison with what has been shown and speculated. I heard a lot of negativity about it leading up to its release, and it surprised me how well it was told, despite the majority of moments where it wasn't taking itself seriouslly.

What does this game bring ? A nice twist to the franchise and an overall fun experience - what else do people want exactly ? It's a game that you will enjoy playing. The story is well presented and the combat mechanics are fun to play with.

I'm sorry if the 'Donte' kids hate that (as the Metacritic and doezens of comments accusing reviewers to be paid off imply).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 46 of 54 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

Combat - There's so many combo opportunities, and with the constant weapons being unlocked every now and then, it keeps opening up new possibilities making it fresh rather then stale. I guess somewhat like God of War 3 in particular. If people disagree, then the only valid complaint I can think of is that it's somewhat simplified, it requires timing to chain together moves, but it's easy to simply stumble upon a combo.

Story - Dont get me wrong, this isn't a 'oh I must know what happens next' type, but it is a lot more interesting then the usual crap they put in just for the sake of having one, and the motion capture performances were convincing. When I say the story is good, I mean it in comparison with what has been shown and speculated. I heard a lot of negativity about it leading up to its release, and it surprised me how well it was told, despite the majority of moments where it wasn't taking itself seriouslly.

What does this game bring ? A nice twist to the franchise and an overall fun experience - what else do people want exactly ? It's a game that you will enjoy playing. The story is well presented and the combat mechanics are fun to play with.

I'm sorry if the 'Donte' kids hate that (as the Metacritic and doezens of comments accusing reviewers to be paid off imply).

yepp i really liked the game, the whoe vergil scene towards the end felt a bit rushed, but it needed to be there and really fit well. 

Spoiler
i got chills for some reason when he said "now the way is clear for us to rule" and "i loved you dante." 

Message 47 of 54 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

So it IS just another well-built, satirical beat-em-up then?
It's narrative isn't the next Bioshock, MGS3, Red Dead, or Spec Ops:The Line?

Because that is what people seem to be making it out to be. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground, it's just genuine love and determined hatred.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 48 of 54 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Hmm Strife - simple answer ? No. It's not the defining aspect of the game, but it's well told, with strong performances and a great conclusion.

and yeah zeo, that seemed really rushed. The scene I really loved was that one exchange between Kat & Dante - I'm on my mobile so can't go into spoilers with tags, but it was somewhat powerful.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 49 of 54 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Strife93 wrote:

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:

So it IS just another well-built, satirical beat-em-up then?
It's narrative isn't the next Bioshock, MGS3, Red Dead, or Spec Ops:The Line?

Because that is what people seem to be making it out to be. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground, it's just genuine love and determined hatred.

yeah lol its meant to be like the old games story wise, it does that well, the people that hate the story hate the story for not being different from the old games. 

Message 50 of 54 (83 Views)
0 Likes