Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Re: DmC - Dante in PSABR

Jan 17, 2013
Oh no, I definitely agree lol - but I guess the guns are iconic to the character. They plumped a devil & angel move + the jump in though.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 31 of 54 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jan 17, 2013
So, last year a couple of RE games came out and tried to do things differently and make a few gameplay changes here and there. The reviews and critics tell ppl to hate the game, essentially saying they were garbage and 'Resident Evil' shouldn't have been on cover. And like mindless sheep, folks hated accordingly.

Now, a new Devil May Cry. Haven't played it, but it too looks to be trying to do things differently with some changes here and there. Reviews and critics tell ppl to like this game...and ppl praise the game.

Now some will say 'well I've played all the games you've mentioned Gemini, and those RE games that came out on console last year did suck. The new DMC is good.'

Really....if it really wasn't for someone giving there opinion on a gaming website or in a magazine, would ppl really be praising the new DMC.

....and to answer the thread question...my view/interest on Dante in the game hasn't changed....still no desire to use him
Message 32 of 54 (165 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 17, 2013
they shoul have included the costume with the long white hair over the shirtless costume (because the shirtless one isn't even a costume in the game), but yeah, DmC is a really sweet game though
16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Message 33 of 54 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Don't know what to tell you, other then I genuinely played and enjoyed the game - the reason I mentioned the critic reviews, is for people who haven't played it in the sense that this game is a success in terms of the media, in contrast to the hate his inclusion was getting pre-release. I think the whole 'games rated high/low so people love/hate it' is a flawed arguement though. Assassins Creed 3 was a critical success but a lot of people didnt like it, Anarachy Reins is critically panned, but a lot of people love it. There are a lot of 'exceptions' & keeping in mind critic reviews are just opinions, it doesn't really make much of difference on people's own thoughts.

As for his alt costume, yeah I agree - but as I said before, I guess it would be deemed as kind of a spoiler.
Message 34 of 54 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Found out this Dante is British so hell yeah he's awesome
Message 35 of 54 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Btw its not just media that has topped it, dmc is no1 on Xbox and no1 on ps3 when put in a mixed order its no1 on Xbox and no2 on ps3, shopto makes a chart on there website off best sold games
Message 36 of 54 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 17, 2013
well Dante himself isn't british, but ninja theory is a british company so you can see their signature n the game due to the union jack on his jacket, etc. The whole setting is a parody on American politics, society, etc.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 37 of 54 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I had a blast with the game, there was one very surprisingly emotional scene that pretty much sold me on Dante's character - the performances were great. I wasn't expecting the game to be as good in the story department.
Message 38 of 54 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jan 17, 2013
"the gameplay was fast & fluid, the story & dialogue was pretty interesting with some strong performance"

LMAO
If you say so.
Message 39 of 54 (110 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I had a blast with the game, there was one very surprisingly emotional scene that pretty much sold me on Dante's character - the performances were great. I wasn't expecting the game to be as good in the story department.

This is the part that scares me. I'm not insinuating that you're wrong, but rather that I feel like this is getting blown up BECAUSE it is Devil May Cry. This new one, and the old ones I presume, seems to handle its story with a great sense of irony, not taking itself too seriously. But Bayonetta did essentially the same thing, mocking and embracing sexualized anime-esque tropes.

So, I guess my question is: What exactly makes the new DMC more significant than just being a satire? How does it push itself further than its initial premise?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 40 of 54 (102 Views)