Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Re: DmC - Dante in PSABR

Jan 17, 2013

Moonlight150 wrote:

I want to rent this new DmC, especially since everyone is saying the game is really short and not that difficult (so possibly I can blow through it on a rental instead of buying it, Im only interested in going through the story not all the extra stuff lol)

Never been into the franchise but the good reviews from critics but the terrible reviews from gamers makes me interested to try it for myself

Since I will be non-biased because I never touched the other DmC games lol

is can be 7 hours of straight game play if your new to it, and there is a mode called hell or hell were you die from 1 hit and enimies hve normal health

@pb ill message you and the dante one is the the one who talks on the forums, in other words me

Message 21 of 54 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
So now that DmC has launched with great reviews, how does everyone feel about having this version of Dante in the game ?

I just completed the game, and I've got to say - what a great start for gaming in 2013, the art style was gorgeous, the gameplay was fast & fluid, the story & dialogue was pretty interesting with some strong performance from characters (including Dante). I feel a greater appreciation of having this Dante in the game now.

absolutely agree with you lol i loved it, gonna play through the harder difficulties once i collect everything

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 22 of 54 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

GRG89 wrote:
Didnt it just come out yesterday? An you already beat it...Nevertheless, always appreciate him im Battle Royal, and never cared for his looks. An speaking of new game, I cant wait for Ni No Kuni!

the story is about 10 hours, still longer than most stories in games, and its a great game, i couldnt sleep because i had to get through it it was that interesting to me, i waited long enough for a new DMC xD

Message 23 of 54 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
For half the game I struggled with adapting to using square for guns & triangle for the sword before finally changing it - it felt so unnatural lol.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, including the Vergil bit. I don't want to go into details to avoid possible spoilers, but his character 'development' was a bit oddly paced.

his last line gave me chills for some reason, just the way he said it was just wow to me lol, it felt like it had that emotional impact for some reason. 

Message 24 of 54 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Jan 17, 2013

FredFai wrote:

Just for laugh.

Shut Up You Wimp

I will try hard with Dante in PSAS later. 

i feel like thats going to feed the new dante hateSmiley Tongue though the picture is somewhat taken out of context, it makes a lot of sense in the game. 

Message 25 of 54 (132 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Jan 17, 2013

10 hours? Yea, when is comes to hack/slash game I like to take make time. Like GOW3 for example, the majority of people said it only takes 6-8hours to beat. I like to unlock everything and play a high difficulty setting. That way it takes much more then simply 6-8 hours game. I'll definitely check this game out (when price drops). lol My focus is intirely  on NI NO KUNI at the moment

Message 26 of 54 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I havent gotten it yet but soon I will.
Also, I heard there is a DMC3 Dante unlocakble costume. Therefore, I see no reason why it shouldn't be a DLC costume is PSASBR.
Message 27 of 54 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

I feel like we have an incomplete Dante because his arsenal is limited in this game. No shotguns, no angel lift or devil pull, no red hulk hands(idk what they are called), and no ninja star things. I feel like he could have been a much more diverse character if they had put some more stuff from his game, but since it didnt come out until now, they had to limit Dantes moveset due to not giving any spoilers away

sorry if I dont know the names of these things, Ive only seen them in game and dont know the exact names.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 28 of 54 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, theirs an unlockable costume for 'old Dante' but I think the reason they left it out is because it's potentially spoilerific for the games ending.

As for the limited moveset - I agree & disagree at the same time. I think his moveset is pretty good, and after giving him a go in PSABR after completing DmC, I could identify with the moves. I think the main reason they limited it was to be able to include more combos for those respective weapons (because their are quite a few for each), and the attacks in PSABR are limited to square, triangle & circle.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 29 of 54 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 17, 2013
I totally understand that Dante might have had too much if he had his whole arsenal. Don't you think they they could have had it where triangle became his demon weapons and circle became his angel weapons? Im just throwing ideas out there

ouyofo.jpg

Message 30 of 54 (74 Views)
0 Likes