Jan 17 2013
By: S-o-h-a-i-l Treasure Hunter 5663 posts

DmC - Dante in PSABR

53 replies 547 views Edited Jan 17, 2013
So now that DmC has launched with great reviews, how does everyone feel about having this version of Dante in the game ?

I just completed the game, and I've got to say - what a great start for gaming in 2013, the art style was gorgeous, the gameplay was fast & fluid, the story & dialogue was pretty interesting with some strong performance from characters (including Dante). I feel a greater appreciation of having this Dante in the game now.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 1 of 54 (547 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: DmC - Dante in PSABR

Jan 17, 2013

They should at least make the original as a dlc or something.  :  /

Message 2 of 54 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 17, 2013
It would undermine the inclusion of this Dante, who's essentially already representing the Devil May Cry series as a whole.
Message 3 of 54 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 17, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
So now that DmC has launched with great reviews, how does everyone feel about having this version of Dante in the game ?

I just completed the game, and I've got to say - what a great start for gaming in 2013, the art style was gorgeous, the gameplay was fast & fluid, the story & dialogue was pretty interesting with some strong performance from characters (including Dante). I feel a greater appreciation of having this Dante in the game now.

On every DmC vid I watched I was saying to myself, "wait till this game is actually out and gets good reviews, then you haters will learn how to appreciate a game for what it is and quit comparing it to the standards of other games that have almost nothing to do with it". DmC just uses the names from the older games, it has no relation to the other games in the series at all other than that and a few minor things. To be honest though, I loved the gameplay, storyline was good enough, the dialogue was kinda lacking a cleverness to it imo, and the ending was **bleep** sweet to me. I didn't buy it due to personal reasons, but I did play the demo and watch a full walkthrough of it so I think I'm good. DmC Dante has officially earned his spot in this game (even though I didn't mind him before).

Message 4 of 54 (511 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Didnt it just come out yesterday? An you already beat it...Nevertheless, always appreciate him im Battle Royal, and never cared for his looks. An speaking of new game, I cant wait for Ni No Kuni!
Message 5 of 54 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 17, 2013

GRG89 wrote:
Didnt it just come out yesterday? An you already beat it...Nevertheless, always appreciate him im Battle Royal, and never cared for his looks. An speaking of new game, I cant wait for Ni No Kuni!

Sly 4 is my next major release, then MGRR, then NSUNS3 and Tomb Raider (On da same day Smiley Happy), then TLOU in May (pre ordered, don't let me down ND) and at some point Beyond.. whenever they confirm a release date. I also want to buy Pokemon X and Y, but sadly do not own a 3DS so somehow I must buy one by October... 2013 is a HUGE year in gaming for me Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 54 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, I did power through it pretty quickly - may be because I played on a low difficulty setting & avoided all collectibles and hidden secrets/challenges. I think it carries over elements that defined the Devil May Cry series and makes its own out of it pretty well & the ending I suspect would make any fan giddy with excitement. Looking past the name though, it's a good 'reimagining' and judging it solely as a game rather then part of a series - it really is great, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Nino Kuni is next on my list !
Message 7 of 54 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4394 posts

Jan 17, 2013
Yup. I beat the game too, and I agree with you. I like the new story and concepts more than in the old DMC series. I keep getting grown on the new Dante as I processed through the story. I like to have a mix of the old and the new Dante though.

Unfortunately, the final battle, the ending, and a bit of Vergil's character left me a sour note. That final battle was tad too easy but a epic one nonetheless. The ending is a big cliffhanger, shouting an upcoming sequel. I didn't pre-order the game, so I missed the DLC and the secret ending. I don't feel I'm going to detail on Vergil's character, so I just say this. I prefer the old Vergil more than the new one.

Anyway, DMC is a great game. I don't see how could people hate this if they never play it in the first place.

Oh, am I the only one who use square for melee attack and triangle for gunfire?
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 8 of 54 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Jan 17, 2013
For half the game I struggled with adapting to using square for guns & triangle for the sword before finally changing it - it felt so unnatural lol.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, including the Vergil bit. I don't want to go into details to avoid possible spoilers, but his character 'development' was a bit oddly paced.
Message 9 of 54 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 17, 2013

FredFai wrote:
Yup. I beat the game too, and I agree with you. I like the new story and concepts more than in the old DMC series. I keep getting grown on the new Dante as I processed through the story. I like to have a mix of the old and the new Dante though.

Unfortunately, the final battle, the ending, and a bit of Vergil's character left me a sour note. That final battle was tad too easy but a epic one nonetheless. The ending is a big cliffhanger, shouting an upcoming sequel. I didn't pre-order the game, so I missed the DLC and the secret ending. I don't feel I'm going to detail on Vergil's character, so I just say this. I prefer the old Vergil more than the new one.

Anyway, DMC is a great game. I don't see how could people hate this if they never play it in the first place.

Oh, am I the only one who use square for melee attack and triangle for gunfire?

Nope, the first thing I did during the demo was change melee attacks to square and gun attacks to circle. For me, X is the universal jump button, and square must ALWAYS be melee. I always change my settings to that. In the games I played on the PS2 thats how things were, so it just feels natural to me these days.

Message 10 of 54 (451 Views)
0 Likes