Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Disowning Tekken

Aug 9, 2012

i really don't think sb would put in 3 tekken characters. not because its a bad idea, but because so many people would be mad about it

Message 21 of 42 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2012

OrderlyChaos87 wrote:

On my part its not really bashing tekken. But if that picture is indicative of whats going on then it shows that they are seperate characters (why little sister is next to big daddy). I don't like Clank by himself it doesn't seem right. 3 Tekken reps just is overkill for me personally. Especially when other IPs 1st or 3rd party MIGHT not get any love. I understand Tekken's significance to playstation but it just feels like they grabbed these character to fill out the roster. But the other thing for me is this is a game that is a crossover brawler and the appeal is to not have characters that are already in fighting games. One from tekken is enough. Not saying tekken is a bad game. But how would you feel if there were 3 Tekken 3 Street fighter and 3 Mortal Kombat and they say hey its a 29-30 character roster. the possibility of being screwed is why people are angry. We want characters that we grew up with but for some characters that are synonymous with Playstation to get shafted over 2 other tekken guys when that game already has character representation isn't the best way to go in my eyes. A tekken stage i'd be down for.

maybe they couldnt get some of the characters people were looking for. so they had to get some spot fillers. and SF&MK havent had a impact on PS like tekken has. and i dont see why people are feeling so mad its not like they put money on the game in advance and cant get it back. even if you preodered it you can go cancel it. some characters being demanded are unreasonable they had like 1 game on ps1 and people think that they deserve a spot in the game.

Message 22 of 42 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Aug 9, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:

i really don't think sb would put in 3 tekken characters. not because its a bad idea, but because so many people would be mad about it

even if it is true i dont think they predicted this

Message 23 of 42 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I can see why people would be upset. every time a character is revealed that means there is one less spot for their favorite character. When several characters from one franchise start showing up, it just seems greedy. Tekken is my all time favorite fighting series but I do think Superbot should stick to one character per franchise for now, it's not like they have a small pool of characters to choose from. If they were adament about putting more than one character from Tekken in the game they should have chosen someone with a more unique fighting style like Yoshimitsu who has been in 6 Soul Calibur Games and every Tekken game and Street Fighter X Tekken. They shouldn't use 3 characters who all started with the same martial art in the game meaning they have somewhat similar movesets.  I don't seriously believe that 3 characters from one series will be playable in the game, I just understand what people are complaining about. However, I think people need to just wait and see if they are indeed going to be characters in the game. 

Message 24 of 42 (68 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Aug 9, 2012

Doomstadt_Marc wrote:

I can see why people would be upset. every time a character is revealed that means there is one less spot for their favorite character. When several characters from one franchise start showing up, it just seems greedy. Tekken is my all time favorite fighting series but I do think Superbot should stick to one character per franchise for now, it's not like they have a small pool of characters to choose from. If they were adament about putting more than one character from Tekken in the game they should have chosen someone with a more unique fighting style like Yoshimitsu who has been in 6 Soul Calibur Games and every Tekken game and Street Fighter X Tekken. They shouldn't use 3 characters who all started with the same martial art in the game meaning they have somewhat similar movesets.  I don't seriously believe that 3 characters from one series will be playable in the game, I just understand what people are complaining about. However, I think people need to just wait and see if they are indeed going to be characters in the game. 

agreed

Message 25 of 42 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Aug 9, 2012
because tekken has no business of having 3 reps when there is so much more characters that's more deserving. I admit it deserved one rep but defiantly not 2
Photobucket
Message 26 of 42 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Aug 9, 2012

an exclusive for over 15 years has sold over 30 million copies. what franchise is more deserving to be in this game.

Message 27 of 42 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
33 posts

Aug 9, 2012

I'm happy Tekken is represented in this game, but... Why three characters? And why two Coles? It's stuff like this that annoys me. Why waste character space on those guys when you can have Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon?

Message 28 of 42 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Aug 9, 2012
**bleep** HOW CAN TEKKEN DOES HAVE 3 CHAR. OKAY TEKKEN IS PS FRANCHAISE UNTIL TEKKEN 6 BUT THS ISNT MEAN. **bleep** GOW HAS 1 CHAR THEY CAN ADD ZEUS OR POSEDION UNCHARTED OR SWEEOTH HAS 1 CHAR. TEKKEN DOESNTDESERVE 3 CHAR . MGS HAS 1 CHAR. NO SNAKE. **bleep** WITH TEKKEN ! . ALSO THERE IS NO CRASH NO MORTAL KOMBAT NO STREET FIGHTER NO CAPCOM? **bleep** NO UBISOFT ? NO ACITIISION ? ALL 3RD CHARS EXPECT BİG DADY ARE ALL JAPANESSE RYU HASABUA MGS RAIDEN TEKKENS **bleep** IS THIS NARIKO..
Message 29 of 42 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1332 posts

Aug 9, 2012

and by more deserving you mean spyro and crash. those guys are now multi plat and their games suck. they need some final fantasy characters a franchise more deserving then crash and spyro, and no one deserves a spot more then tekken characters. 

Message 30 of 42 (27 Views)
0 Likes