Jan 10 2013
By: RKOBlink22 Lombax Warrior 212 posts

Discussion: Was it a good or bad idea to make the entire roster playable from the start?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 168 views Edited Jan 10, 2013

How do you guys feel about this now that we are about two months into the game now. Was this a good decision from Superbot or would you have preferred to just start off with the original six?

My opinion: We should have had characters to unlock and the same goes for stages. I have not even touched the arcade mode and I got this game day one. Since it was so bland and nothing noteworthy would be rewarded for it I think it was a horrible decision for Superbot to make the roster unlockable. It would have motivated me to at least play the arcade mode if there was something I wanted to unlock at the end of a character's story like a character or stage. I believe it was a missed opportunity on Superbot's end as I don't feel rewarded at all for having the entire roster playable at the start. I remeber that before this game came out we tried really hard for Superbot to implement this into their game but it did not happen.

So hear me out Superbot. I still propose to you to implement unlockable characters and stages for the inevitable sequel. Please make this happen so I could actually want to try and play out all the modes that this game has to offer. 

Message 1 of 5 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Re: Discussion: Was it a good or bad idea to make the entire roster unlockable from the start?

Jan 10, 2013
It would give more of an incentive to play, but it would just be annoying and feel like a chore to me to have to unlock characters and especially stages.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Message 2 of 5 (160 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Re: Discussion: Was it a good or bad idea to make the entire roster unlockable from the start?

Jan 10, 2013
I only like unlockable characters I dont know about. Since they revealed the entire roster beforehand i dont mind it being all unlocked from the get go.
Message 3 of 5 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Re: Discussion: Was it a good or bad idea to make the entire roster playable from the start?

Jan 10, 2013

In some ways it's good, because unlocking characters would have been a chore. Then again, unlocking chracters and stages through various challenges would have given the game a sense of direction. And, upon unlocking each character or stage, you would attain both a sense of discovery and achievement as you get to explore a whole new character's moveset.

Yeah, I agree with you OP. Unlocking each of the characters and stages individually would have been more fun. As long as the required tasks weren't too challenging. A good idea would have been challenges that familiarized you with the characters, such as completing combo tutorials for 10 different characters unlocked Radec; completing arcade mode with 5 characters unlocked Evil Cole, etc.

Message 4 of 5 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: Discussion: Was it a good or bad idea to make the entire roster playable from the start?

Jan 10, 2013
Bump
Message 5 of 5 (78 Views)
0 Likes