Sackboy
458 posts

Re: Disappointed with jak's voice acting.

Sep 24, 2012
Who ever is mad at there character voice or gameplay.
Just be glad he or she was in the roster.
Message 51 of 93 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Sep 24, 2012

SuperPiposaru wrote:

Let's turn some heads..........the wrong way.

That part made me laugh XD  

But ya Jak does sound a little weird Smiley Sad

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 52 of 93 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Sep 24, 2012

DisturbedSavio wrote:

My god, guys. It's just a voice actor. Cole's and Dante's got replaced too..

Jak's old voice actor stepped down. Sony hired Josh Keaton for Jak and he does a great job.

This is a fighting game. You can tell from the rest of the characters that the voice direction isn't that strong.. everyone is saying phrases and one liners out of context. not just Jak.

Eric Ladin does a better job than the guy from the first game. And Dante, well....we'll see. Reuben Langdon did a pretty awesome job as Dante.

Message 53 of 93 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I've never played any of the Ape Escape games, so I didn't have any base to go off of, but I found Spike's voice to be laughably horrible.
Message 54 of 93 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Spike never really had a permanent voice actor. I think its the voice actor from Ape Escape 2, the voice who does Yugi from Yu-Gi-oh

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 55 of 93 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 24, 2012

joshTX wrote:
I've never played any of the Ape Escape games, so I didn't have any base to go off of, but I found Spike's voice to be laughably horrible.

That's nothing. You should have heard his UK voice in the original game, where he sounded quite feminine. Also amusing that the US translation of the game had him starting a level with "I'M GOING FOR IT!" while the UK just got "do your best"

Then again, I have no idea why they did two separate English translations in the first place, but there you go Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 56 of 93 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

joshTX wrote:

That's nothing. You should have heard his UK voice in the original game, where he sounded quite feminine. Also amusing that the US translation of the game had him starting a level with "I'M GOING FOR IT!" while the UK just got "do your best"

Then again, I have no idea why they did two separate English translations in the first place, but there you go Smiley Tongue

Right in the childhood Robot Very Happy

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 57 of 93 (149 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Sep 24, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

joshTX wrote:

Right in the childhood Robot Very Happy

Meanwhile, the nostalgic phrase for me is the less encouraging "DO YOUR BEST" from a Spike that sounded like a woman. Good job, SCEE Translation Team! It almost makes it sound like the message to UK kids was "well, you might screw up, but it's the taking part that counts" Smiley Tongue

That said, I do count the Ape Escape's terrible (and highly unnecessary) UK translation as part of its charm. Why does Spike sound female? Why is the Professor German? Why was Natalie's name changed to Katie? Why does Specter sound like the monkey equivalent of Liquid Snake? We may never know.

Would be hilarious if Superbot acknowledged all of this in some way in All-Stars, but I doubt they will Smiley Tongue

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 58 of 93 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Sep 24, 2012
guys, Jak's voice is probably temporary, they are probably using these for the builds at events for the game until they get the real voice actor...The characters will sound WAY better when the game comes out...after all, sound in a game is always one of the last things to come together.
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 59 of 93 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Sep 24, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
guys, Jak's voice is probably temporary, they are probably using these for the builds at events for the game until they get the real voice actor...The characters will sound WAY better when the game comes out...after all, sound in a game is always one of the last things to come together.

I never heard of a placeholder voice actor.. Jak is really big for alot of ppl and this is just terrible.

Its like replacing mario's voice actor with flavor flav.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 60 of 93 (184 Views)
0 Likes