Jan 23 2013
By: jamcakes Lombax Warrior 190 posts

Difficulty Switching Mains?

18 replies 291 views Edited Jan 23, 2013

Have you ever switched your main, and if so, why?

Also did you find it difficult to switch mains, either because you couldn't break away from your 1st Main or because you just got bad with your 1st Main once you switched?

To illustrate my question I'll give my example. I played Fat Princess religiously during the beta and I was sold on her playstyle instantly. It was Sir Dan and Spike who first grabbed my attention for this game as they're both two playstation protagonists which tug at my childhood nostalgia. For a few weeks of getting the game I'd play as no one but Fat Princess online because naturally I already understood how to play as her.

Fat Princess was my main for about a month until I'd played with Spike enough that 'it' had clicked and I'd felt ready to take him online. He quickly became my main because while I love his playstyle equally to that of Fat Princess, he had a huge edge in just being Spike from Ape Escape! Anyway, after neglecting Fat Princess for weeks I feel like I'm just total rubbish with her now. The transition in switching mains for me was very easy but now I feel I'm just AWFUL with Fat Princess - is this because I've switched to Spike now and can't master more than 1 character at once or has the community clocked on to Fat Princess' best exploits and I'm not having such an easy ride using her as a result?

Message 1 of 19 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Re: Difficulty Switching Mains?

Jan 23, 2013
My main is bd and i really wanted to use nariko, but both are extremly opose, its hard to play with her.
Message 2 of 19 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I use to play FP a lot in the beta, in fact mostly her (with a bit of PaRappa) and when the game came out I tried other characters and started to loved Sackboy's and Spike's movesets. I also feel like I am worse with her now than I was in the beta.
Message 3 of 19 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I have always been a beast with Kratos, at lvl 700 now (and proud. i barely even touch side square)
been getting into sly recently (now at lvl 200) and i switch between the two depending on how im going with matches.

funny thing is though, i found after playing sly for a few consecutive matches then went to the next match with kratos, i was trying to use all sly moves lol.

I think people like to choose very opposite playstyles with their second character actually because it gives them a variety of tools if going against the same opponents

Click the picture for my Tombi Blueprint Thread!! Smiley Happy

HTML tutorial

Message 4 of 19 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Jan 23, 2013

I honestly think that as a Sly Cooper main, I have a bigger learning curve to any other character in this game. It is actually so difficult for me to play another character and realize that I need to block and dodge to play at a high level.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 5 of 19 (230 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Ratchet will always be my go-to character, but I recently decided to drop him to get good with Kratos, now that there aren't so many players with him

Message 6 of 19 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18884 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

I honestly think that as a Sly Cooper main, I have a bigger learning curve to any other character in this game. It is actually so difficult for me to play another character and realize that I need to block and dodge to play at a high level.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing as I was reading this thread. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 19 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I played Drake from the start... But when everyone and their mom started playing him I switched to fat princess for a while... But Drake being my favorite playstation character I find myself going back to him and I don't feel and rust with him at all
Message 8 of 19 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 23, 2013
I main Sly and find myself trying to teleport when I play as Ratchet or Spike (who can teleport but its a dif button lol) and when I play Spike or Ratchet for a while I end up trying to dodge roll as Sly Smiley Tongue doesnt happen for too long tho, I get my groove back after a game or two.
Message 9 of 19 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Yes, from FP to Toro and now to Big Daddy.
Since I hit 999 with both of them it's time to learn another character and I love the bioshock series.
Message 10 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes