Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Re: Did you see the Superbot Panel?

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Kamjatang wrote:

It isn't decided by the number of hits, it's decided by how much AP you rack up in a single combo.

There we go. It's an AP threshold, not a hit threshold. There were definitely people in the combo vid with more than 5 hits.

And that makes sense. If this wasn't there, like I said, people could land 5 or 6 (or more) powerful AP building hits in a row and the person being attacked would just have to sit there and take it. And since the person comboing is rapidly building up meter with no restrictions, he could just combo into a super for a quick instant kill. This system (they're calling it the "infinite avoidance system") prevents that from happening.

But of course, doubt it all you want. It's not like a bunch of well-known tournament fighters with WAY more fighting game experience than any of us have are making this game or anything Robot LOL

Message 21 of 58 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jul 7, 2012

No other game has a  combo maximum as low as 5 moves because its stupid and not fun

If you have to have an arbitrary rule like that it means the rest of the system isn't very good

Message 22 of 58 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Dormin000 wrote:

No other game has a  combo maximum as low as 5 moves because its stupid and not fun

If you have to have an arbitrary rule like that it means the rest of the system isn't very good

Except that's where you're wrong.

Ed Ma (combat designer) said that the system's basically borrowed from Marvel vs Capcom. And it's not five moves; it's tied to AP, not hit count.

Message 23 of 58 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

He ment similar in that they look at damage done

Marvel vs Capcom has like 60 hit combos

"it's tied to AP, not hit count."

Yes i already said i know that to one of your previous posts

I just ment that non of the combos i saw went any higher than 5 moves, they would always exit into the invisiblilty state on the 5th move or lower

Message 24 of 58 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Jul 7, 2012

They did it to balance the combat so u cant get locked against a wall and be pinned in until they get a lvl.3 super

- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 25 of 58 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jul 7, 2012

I know why the system is their, its good to have a system like that

My point

The thing im anoyed about

Is that the move limit is so low <--(thing i'm anoyed about)

Message 26 of 58 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Dormin000 wrote:

He ment similar in that they look at damage done

Marvel vs Capcom has like 60 hit combos

"it's tied to AP, not hit count."

Yes i already said i know that to one of your previous posts

I just ment that non of the combos i saw went any higher than 5 moves, they would always exit into the invisiblilty state on the 5th move or lower

Again, that's wrong. A few of the characters (Toro, for example) had more than just five moves within their combos. I'm not sure how you're defining "moves," but many of the combos were more than just 5 hits. They would have to be weaker hits to prevent AP building abuse, obviously, but they were still more than 5.

And no, Ed was referring specifically to the Infinite avoidance.  if you've played MvC, you know that there's a very formulaic process to building up large combos. You can't just keep button mashing; you need to use super moves to extend your combos. It's called the "Magic Series" in MvC. Look it up if you're not familiar.

Message 27 of 58 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2012

Yeah I meant moves

Like the bicycle kick does like 7 hits, but it's 1 move

"And no, if you've played MvC, you know that there's a very formulaic process to building up large combos. You can't just keep button mashing; you need to use super moves to extend your combos."

What does the way the combos done have to do with anything. You admit MvC has long comobs? Okey

Message 28 of 58 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jul 7, 2012

Dormin000 wrote:

Yeah I meant moves

Like the bicycle kick does like 7 hits, but it's 1 move

Well in that case I don't know what you're complaining about. If you have a problem with this game, with its AP system, not letting you do a 35 hit combo, maybe it's a good thing that you're not one of the game's combat designers.

Message 29 of 58 (280 Views)
Sackboy
566 posts

Jul 7, 2012

what about an 8 move combo or even a 6 move combo

Why is this arbitrary rule here limiting players

And why are you defending the madness that is a 5 move maximum limit

Message 30 of 58 (310 Views)
0 Likes