Jan 05 2013
By: PeroDag Splicer 70 posts

Did you play Gravity Rush or Starhawk?

38 replies 484 views Edited Jan 5, 2013
With the new characters right around the corner, I wanted to know if any of you guys have played either of the games and what your opinions on them are.

I personally have only played and beaten gravity rush. In my opinion it's one of the best games for the vita. I loved the story line and the free roaming aspect however, I wasn't the biggest fan of the combat system.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Re: Did you play Gravity Rush or Starhawk?

Jan 5, 2013
Played neither
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Played both, but don't really think Starhawk should have gotten an appearance before others.
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Played, completed both.

Starhawk is a great game and because of Sony's poor marketing it underachieved, undersold and bombed. The single player left a lot to be desired with lakclustre characters, repetitive, unpaced gameplay and just being waning throughout. However the multiplayer was some of the most fun i'd played in a long time. The build and battle system is fantastic and works really well to allow each player to influence a large battlefield in big ways. Despite the scale of the battles and the amount of stuff going on, one smart player with a smart tactic can change a whole battle. Problem is it's difficult to find a game with many players in nowadays as the community has diminished severely. I would reccomend it to anyone as it's great fun and isn't just a generic shooter, it really makes you think about how to play and complete the objectives. 

Gravity Rush was great fun and i have little complaints about it other than it got a tiny bit repetitive towards the end. Story is great, characters are memorable, gameplay is fun and there's plenty to do with the challenge missions and "collectibles". If you want to do everything there's many hours of content in there for you. A must have for vita owners and looking forward to the sequel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Nope. No one has a Vita, and Starhawk got bad reviews.
Photobucket

Current Mains: Ratchet, Sir Daniel, Raiden

The journey to know today begins - The Legend of Dragoon

Dart Feld for All Stars
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (450 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Gravity Rush and Starhawk BETA

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Played both. Starhawk actually got great reviews just poor marketing. And to Pina Emmett represents Lightbox Intractive. Which with it Starhawk being a spiritual successor to Warhawk it deserves a spot and deserves a spot before a lot of other characters due to the history and popularity of the Warhawk/Starhawk franchise.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (435 Views)
Wastelander
637 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Anthony805 wrote:
Played both. Starhawk actually got great reviews just poor marketing. And to Pina Emmett represents Lightbox Intractive. Which with it Starhawk being a spiritual successor to Warhawk it deserves a spot and deserves a spot before a lot of other characters due to the history and popularity of the Warhawk/Starhawk franchise.

Ah I didn't know it was that popular, always thought it was one of those fail games--like shadowrun. I played the online though, with the bluetooth headseat they gave me with it!

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
426 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I have played Starhawk, but not Gravity Rush.

Starhawk was one of the funnest games I've ever played. The multiplayer was incredibly fun.

When Emmett came out, I was greatly considering using him as a main, but my brother wanted to main him (he's a bigger Starhawk fan than me) so I let him. Might try out Kat though.

photo rikusig3-5_zps039d509a.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2318 posts

Jan 5, 2013

mx2itb wrote:
Nope. No one has a Vita, and Starhawk got bad reviews.

A lot of people have it actually, and no it didn't, it just got poor sales.

Please do your research next time.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (407 Views)