Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Re: Did anyone ask for Zeus or Issac?

Mar 1, 2013

nch2112 wrote:
@BIGPOP

Your reasoning is terrible. If I don't like the developers' "vision", then they don't get my money.

Developers obviously care about what we want. Why else would video games get sequels?

How old are you?!

Seriously?!

You really need to wake up and face facts. Developers would make sequels for profit. Playstation Allstars is not strictly for significant Sony characters.

Stop thinking you are in the right or entitled to what you want.

Message 21 of 39 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1401 posts

Mar 1, 2013

All my threads turn into arguments lol

Photobucket
Message 22 of 39 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
505 posts

Mar 1, 2013

A lot of people asked for Isaac Clarke bu like 2 people asked for zeus

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 39 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Developers will make sequels if their game is well-received and the players WANT more.

The Hawk franchise (Warhawk, Starhawk), is no longer selling well and no one really cares for more, so a new Hawk game would be a waste of time and money.

Metal Gear Rising has been selling very well recently, so it's obvious that gamers still want Metal Gear and Rising might get some form of sequel.

Making sequels in general does not garuntee good sales or reception.
Message 24 of 39 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Mar 1, 2013
People requested Isaac but not Zeus.
I still want Crash/Spyro but I know that will not happen.
Message 25 of 39 (85 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Mar 1, 2013

nch2112 wrote:
Developers will make sequels if their game is well-received and the players WANT more.

The Hawk franchise (Warhawk, Starhawk), is no longer selling well and no one really cares for more, so a new Hawk game would be a waste of time and money.

Metal Gear Rising has been selling very well recently, so it's obvious that gamers still want Metal Gear and Rising might get some form of sequel.

Making sequels in general does not garuntee good sales or reception.

If they want it it will sell, if it sells then they make a profit. You seem to not even see it despite how many times you point it out.

It is all about making money. If there is a demand for it, then you bet your **bleep** you can make a profit for it.

Games are generally made for two reasons: Making something unique and to make money.

Message 26 of 39 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

Mar 1, 2013
The demand/ sales have to outweigh the cost of production for any profit to be made.
Message 27 of 39 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Mar 1, 2013

nch2112 wrote:
The demand/ sales have to outweigh the cost of production for any profit to be made.

Which is why we don't see sequels for games that didn't sell well. If the game sells well, then you can bet they will make a sequel. They aren't doing it for the fans, they are doing it because there is money to be made.

Do you really think that a game that doesn't sell well but there are fans who want a sequel will actually see one?

Warhawk actually sold well (not immidiately but it did), which is why they attempted to make a sequel.

Now considering Starhawk poor sales, do you really think they will make another sequel?

Message 28 of 39 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I wanted Isaac for a long, long time.
Message 29 of 39 (68 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I never saw Zeus, but I saw Isaac quite a bit.
All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 30 of 39 (67 Views)
0 Likes