Highlighted
Nov 28 2012
By: nobody7X7 Splicer 45 posts

Destroying Sackboy's Traps needs to give AP

5 replies 112 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

Yes his super/AP gain should probably be tweaked as well. but when fighting a sackboy half the battle is avoiding/destroying the traps. If you got AP for destroying traps like you do for attacking ratchet's Mr Zurkon it would really change the way sackboy would need to be played, because if he just spams traps all over the place and someone is destroying them he is now at a disadvantage. This would promote much more tactical play of sackboy. It wouldnt ruin sackboy's usefulness, but it would also require a bit high level of play, as opposed to simply spamming like crazy with no downside to it.

I played a lot of games with icy flamez my jak and his ratchet in 2v2. We would dominate everyone except this 1 team of 2 sackboys we kept playing against. I would spend most of my attention on keeping the traps destroyed and essentially protecting ratchet while he would attack the sackboys directly. and despite doing an excellent job stopping the sackboys traps i'd still only end up with half a bar of AP after several minutes of fighting. I'd get nothing from dealing with the traps but after every slight mistake I made where I did get hit by a trap it would give sackboy a major boost.

Message 1 of 6 (112 Views)
Survivor
2456 posts

Re: Destroying Sackboy's Traps needs to give AP

Nov 28, 2012
I'd be okay with that being a big sackboy player.
Message 2 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 28, 2012
that little **bleep** is pretty annoying. dat lvl3 is just tooo good.
Message 3 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Since Mr. Zurkon gives ap which is ridiculous, anything similar should as well including anything Sackboy summons.
Message 4 of 6 (85 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Huh, I actually had no idea Mr. Zurkon gives AP when you attack him but I shall keep that in mind but yeah if that's the case I don't see why the same can't be done with Sackboy's traps.

Message 5 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I made a topic previously in regards to Mr. Zurkon and the consensous was pretty much what you are saying here - if Mr. Zurkon gives AP, than other 'summons' should give AP as well. ie Sockboy's traps, Fat Princess' minions, etc.

And if you're curious on the numbers on Mr. Zurkon, the maximum amount of AP he can give ratchet when summoned is 17. That is when the opponent is stationary and not blocking or dodging. When destroyed, Mr. Zurkon gives the opponent between 15 to 20 AP. In other words, summoning Mr. Zurkon is extremely situational, and in my opinion, pretty much useless. I used to summon him all the time until I found out he gives the opponents more AP than he gives me :'( 

Message 6 of 6 (73 Views)
0 Likes