Nov 07 2012
By: w-kemp15 Monster Hunter 35 posts

Demo at Gamestop

3 replies 189 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Went into gamestop today to waste time until class and i see Playstation Allstars is playable, its not the full version but a demo that had Kratos, Parappa, Jak&Daxter, and Big Daddy playable. It may be a demo but it was very close to the final build i could tell and it was 10x  smoother than the beta. Everything felt like it should of, i played 5 or 6 games alternating between Jak and Big Daddy. I cant wait for this game to come out, anyone having doubts should just put them away this game is going to be a great  game for anyone to play.

Message 1 of 4 (189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Re: Demo at Gamestop

Nov 7, 2012
Yeah it was obviously smoother cause you weren't playing it online IMO
I also noticed that it did not have the new death animations (colored little PS symbols) like in the beta
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 2 of 4 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Nov 7, 2012

Not sure if you know but this Demo is at least 2 months old and its an earlier build than the BETA and I can tell you its not smoother I've done some frame counting of every build I can get my hands on. I'm pretty sure the BETA runs smoother the kiosk demo has small frame drops and has some strange animations sometimes I have literaly hours of experience with both versions (was in Best Buy for  like 2 hours with my bro when it first came out before I got it on my debug PS3) The BETA was the latest public build at the time. Plus you have to keep in mind when you're playin the performance depends on you connection speed, how many people use the connection in your house at the time. Also playin online and offline there can be a huge difference in "smoothness".

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 3 of 4 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
673 posts

Nov 7, 2012

But Yea I do agree that it is a great buld and that people shouldn't have to worry in terms of the polished finish of the game. Oh and the game glitches massivly if you do big Daddy's L3 sometimes the characters don't respawn right and people teleport and disappear when 2 characters do supers at the same time.

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Message 4 of 4 (127 Views)
0 Likes