Survivor
2590 posts

Re: Demo? Let's be real...

Jul 4, 2012

Eh maybe, but I still don't see what the difference is. Maybe they will release an online BETA version at the end of July. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 21 of 25 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Eh maybe, but I still don't see what the difference is. Maybe they will release an online BETA version at the end of July. 

a beta is when they let you play the game early so you can give the developers feedback on what to fix.  a demo is a little part of the game you get to play to whet your appetite so that you'll want to buy the game.  A beta is more for the developers.  A demo is more for the players

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 22 of 25 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 5, 2012

IDK at this point I would settle for either one. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 23 of 25 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

IDK at this point I would settle for either one. 

agreed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 25 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 5, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:

You don't build hype by going a full month without any information or hints or anything.
It's not "dying", but inside me it certainly did, because I knew nothing would come out before a major event came around. I used to check all sites and places for any information. Every day. Several times a day.

SuperBot could easily have released small information packages to different sites every other day.

But check the "newest information" thread. There's A LOT of small information on a lot of different things about the game, which they just told at once, instead of holding back a little.

Also Paul Gale wrote "very soon" about new information, that's 3 weeks ago.

Paul Gale and SuperBot do not know how to generate hype properly.

All we could do was talk about something that might/might not appear in the game, but that got boring after a week or so. People only started mentioning the same things over and over again, like it would come true if they said it more than 5 times in different topics.

Thank you. I agree. The hype for this game for me has gone down. I used to be tremendously excited. Now I yawn and figure that the next reveal will simply be the "leaked" information we received. It's become quite a tiresome pattern. Some leaked information which results in being the next reveal. I could be wrong, I hope I am.

As for the demo, it would be a mistake to not have one. It would just look like Sony is to scared to let people play it and judge it prior to release. But nobody expects a demo this early. Maybe in September? Or early August.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 25 of 25 (251 Views)
0 Likes