So I basically played non-stop yesterday and I have some feedback to give, it is a beta after-all. Wouldn't be right to play and not give any.
Before I saw anything, I choose to play as the least played character (and arguably the hardest to use) Fat Princess. Failing that I will use sweet tooth to mix it up every so often.
I have played everyone a fair amount and I feel there is some very slight balance issues which could be ironed out.
- >Kratos is a bit to easy to play, his AP charge rate is just a bit to high. (So many players spamming square and gaining level 1 within seconds of game start.
- >Radec's Long range sniper attack needs either a slowed cast time, a limited range or a reduced knockback. It takes slightly to long to get up to him when a player gains the range advantage, not to mention when there is 2 of them. (The betas flat levels really don't help in this case.
- >Sly cooper appears to have a skill that builds AP at an overly fast rate when spammed, I watched a player win a match with 26 points (2 level 3 supers in 1 match and time to spare). From what I could tell it seems like an uppercut or something.
- >Sweet tooth's level 2 super needs a slight explosion radius, otherwise its almost never useful. Its time consuming and requires a lot of luck to land multikills.
- >Fat Princess level 3 super is too slow, its to easy to avoid. (I may be wrong about this one, I have only used it once.)
Here is all the bugs Ive experienced playing on vita.
- >Matches often terminate for no reason.
- >Matches always terminate during overtime, without fail.
- >Objects often don't pick up when u press the touch screen, an alternate button pick up would be appreciated.
- >The game randomly defaults to kratos between matches, meaning sometimes I end up playing as the wrong character.
- >Fat Princess level 2 super (Chicken!!!) has mobility issues, it needs to jump a bit higher. To often I end up getting stuck in a ditch giving my opponents time to escape.
- >The floor blades in the center of the ratchet and clank stage are often too slow when a player hits them.
Finally here are my suggestions.
- >Spyro, Crash, Snake, Rayman, Tomb raider, Bomberman and Gex Please !! xD
- >The ability to see whos talking during loading screen.
- >The ability to turn off void in main menu options.
- >The ability to change nameplates to either show names or voice activations.
- >A more diverse item system.
Ye that's all I have for now, by all means discuss my balance issues. Before anyone says that Im just not very good or something, I should point out a win a fair amount of matches with FP. When the game defaults me to kratos or radec its a cake walk compared. (unintended lame pun, please ignore )
There will probably be a training mode in the full game but for beta purposes training isn't something necessary for the development of the game.
there just checking cross play, connections, lag which gets pretty bad sometimes, and checking glitches typicla beta things
They will fix these problems soon enough. Superbot has this system that feeds them information about the beta. You should of seen the first beta, really buggy. Everyone teleporting every where, get hit by a super though you weren't near it. And Sly's lv 3 always broke the game's camera.
alright, i have spent some major time with the beta on vita, and i would like to express my concerns and input.
first of all, i come from hardcore compettetive fighting, such a mvc3 and streetfighter, so this type of fighter is new to me.
things i would like to see changed/improved/implemented.
-A actually dash, instead of having to block and move, a simple dash is needed. possibly using the back touch screen as block.
-Aura around you. Too often i find myself getting confused as to whom i am playing as, the player indicator is somtimes not enough when in battle, so maybe a colour coded aura around youre fighter may be a option.
-Fighter change mid loading. I have had this happen many times, i would choose a fighter(sweet tooth) and find a game, than load and find im radec, or kratos.
-Skin select. being able to choose the skin that suits you would be nice.
-larger hud. I find that the hud is too small, but that could be just me.
-COLOUR BLIND SUPPORT. myself being colourblind, having games with this option makes it so much easyer and better for me to play.
overall, i enjoy the game, and will for sure pick it up.