First Son
26 posts

Re: Demo Impressions!

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

FriedConsole wrote:

I dig the beta.  Playing on Vita.  Why does it require me to turn on my microphone?  I don't want to chat.  Also why is there no option to turn off listening to other people.  I don't want to hear other people.  Please allow me to turn this off.  Thank you! 

There is a way to mute others. It's in the start button menu.

Message 61 of 172 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 17, 2012

It does seem very hard to approach Kratos.  Even if you role behind him while he's doing his 3x square, he can turn around mid combo and catch you while recovering.  He's just too fast.  And his forward square...it should not home in on someone above you.  Other than that, everything else is fine.

Message 62 of 172 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
39 posts

Oct 17, 2012
I played the Beta since yesterday on the Vita and its simply GREAT.
I hadnt that fun with Smash Bros (seriously), definetly way fluid, caotic and **bleep** fun, and this is just the Demo, can wait for the release. Preording it Now!.
Message 63 of 172 (328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Dont know what you guys are talking about everyone playing kratos. All i ever see is the guy from Killzone and i would say hes overpowered. His normal gun shot is to fast and to strong. It knocks you back with just one hit while kratos arrow needs to be charched up for that. That guys lvl 3 lasts way to long. He shouldnt beable to kill me with it, respawn and then beable to be killed again while hes still in the same lvl 3. That is just way to long esp since you cant even hit him with a super to stop him like you can with kratos. I dont think kratos is overpowered at all compared to him.

Message 64 of 172 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Ive been dominating with fat princess a couple of wins and second places so far. Fun game but I got wii u on preorder and 2 games so this will have to wait.
Message 65 of 172 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Whats that number bye your charter I had it all the way up to 8 is tha tthe level your at or something.
Message 66 of 172 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 17, 2012

it's the number of points you had after the match tallied up for that character since you've been playing counting positive and negetive scores.

And o'm proud to say i dominated with sly cooper netting 108 after 2 hours of play!

And I think every character is balance execpt approching kratos melee and killzone guy (okay fine radec) side triangle shotgun move that can hit anywhere on the map.

crash for free dlc has a nice ring to it doesn't it?
Message 67 of 172 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Is it +2 points for a kill and -1 for a death?

They should improve the range on sly's stun clock. I pretty much never use it in its current state.
Message 68 of 172 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
252 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Only been playing today former SSB player for about 10 years, i thought it was really fun/good, been playing fat princess all day really who is think is sick. Aint tried any other chars, everyone seems very balanced accept Kratos who's range/speed are quite insane and the speed ge gains AP, i think if his moves gained less AP he wouldnt be as OP in FFA..but then again no one really knows how he fairs in 1 v 1.

As it's first day of BETA aswell the online was very wibwob i think out of 10 matches i'd play only 2 of them in could see all 4 players the rest were 1v1 or 1v1v1, only to find out at the end that there had been 4 players all along, but it;s to be expected so many people downloading BETA.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Message 69 of 172 (248 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Finally got to play the demo today after some extensive vita beta play. However I enjoyed the Demo MUCH more then the beta. 

1: After extensive playtime with smash bros I have noticed that the charecters difficulty setting is almost equal to their interest in you. lv 1's will ignore you almost completely and 9's will chase you like a hound from hell. But your AI's had such a level of interest of me it was perfect. I found myself crashing many parties as they attacked each other while one CPU would often drift off and attack me after my assault on the cluster. This made it  a nice combination of staying in the action and staying just far enough out to avoid a surprise backstab. 

2Smiley Tonguelaying as big daddy was the best fighting game experience I've had since the release of tekken dark resurection. His moveset not only captured the essence of his nature (The way he could crash into fights and send opponents flying and pin others). I actaully felt like the Bouncers that I had hunted in Bioshock 1/2. What's more the plasmids worked excellently. Though I could brutishly charge in which would be effective only 70%  (and less effective each time) I could also stun faster charecters like parrapa with the Lightning bolt plasmid to give myself an opening. The Winter blast plasmid was also handy seeing as I could play possum to high knock back charecterts like kratos and trap them for a short combo or setup for a super.

3: Overall I must say thank you superbot for taking everything about my favorite fighting game (super smash bros), adding strategic depth and room for style much like tekken and then celebrating my favorite charecter from my all time favorite game (Bioshock). All I can say is that I am impressed and I am already making plans to bring my friends to try this amazing game out. 

Message 70 of 172 (238 Views)
0 Likes