Splicer
86 posts

Re: Demo Impressions!

Oct 8, 2012

I think the demo is great! Have played beta and demo, but one thing I think you could to to prevent spammingISP penalizing it. I'm thinking along the lines of each time you shoot radecs sniper, it weakens a little more each time it's shot, but also slowly recharges.

Photobucket
Winning. Pure. Winning.
Message 41 of 172 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Oct 8, 2012
I had a blast playing as Big Daddy and Jak. They are both great characters, and easy to use. When I first picked up the controller and played as Jak, I had basically already mastered how to play as him after one match. I had loads of fun. Too bad I couldn't play longer. Waiting for the Public Beta. Good job guys Smiley Happy
Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/kinghuevos
Message 42 of 172 (565 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Yeah I was lucky enough to find the Kiosk demo at a Gamestop in one of my local Malls, it was great! So much fun and I'm still definitely picking up day 1, considering I had a blast with only 4 characters and 2 stages, the full game will keep me busy for a long, long time. If its anything like Brawl in the sense of content, I'll be playing it for years. Some people have been saying they suck with Big Daddy and since I'm someone who has always been better with lighter, faster characters like Parappa and Sly I thought I would too, but to my surprise I was actually owning Kratos, Parappa, and Jak in the demo. I played as Jak too and he will definitely be one of my favorites too, I had fun with his level 3 super and if you know how to use his level 2 super, its actually pretty good! I don't exactly mind Jak's voice (The Lost Frontier Voice Actor), I do prefer his original voice actor and I don't exactly get why they couldn't get him instead considering he was in "PlayStation Move Heroes", but oh well I won't complain, when it comes to Jak, Daxter is the main voice you hear anyway. Can't wait for November 20th.

By the way the demo was at the Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, North Carolina.

"Alright, lets blow stuff up!" - Sly Cooper

My Mains: Sly Cooper & Sackboy
My Subs: Ratchet & Clank, Sir Daniel, & Parappa
Message 43 of 172 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7973 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

I finally got a chance to play the demo at a GameStop near where I live, and it was a blast! I didn't get to spend an incredibly long amount of time playing it, but I at least made sure to sample every character available. I'll go ahead and give some thoughts on each of them.

Parappa- Easily one of the characters I was most excited about when PASBR was announced. The gameplay footage I watched gave me the impression that Parappa would be one of the characters I would want to main, and this demo pretty much confirmed it. I love his up close fighting style and I think the rate at which he gains AP is very balanced. His AP generating boombox is one of the more interesting moves in the game and definitely ramps things up in terms of competition when it starts spewing out orbs. I like his supers overall, especially his LV. 2. While his Lv. 1 can be difficult to land, I didn't have too much trouble all things considered. It works well when you've got an opponent cornered or are in the middle of  a group.

Kratos- A very easy character to pick up and play (which makes sense, since he's one of the more recognized characters on the roster). However, I can also see him being very easy to button mash. Not a bad thing for casual players, but I can easily see competitive players getting irked by him quickly. I completely dominated my match as Kratos (14 points, while the runner up had like 4). I won't call him OP, but he's definitely going to be a force to be reconed with in the hands of an experienced player. I also liked how well his attacks flowed together.

Big Daddy- Not my cup of tea. I'm just not fond of big, heavy characters in general. However, his Lv. 3 super is out of this world. I couldn't land his Lv. 1 for the life of me, though. I still won with him, but it was all because I unleashed his Lv. 3 in the last 10  seconds of the game. Again, not exactly a bad character, just not for me. I will say that his triangle dash attack is MONEY, though.

Jak- A pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure how he would play, and I've heard through the grapevine that he's a bit complicated, but I liked him. He's got a great variety of weapons and his supers (I got to use his Lv. 1 and 3) are useful and balanced from what I've seen. I also like how his longer range attack has a 3-round burst component and isn't too easy to spam. From what is being said, a mechanic like this might be nice for Radec as well.

Aside from the characters, I really liked the stages (Hades and Metropolis). Seeing them is one thing, but being able to play on them is a different experience. I like Metropolis the best out of the two. The only two items I saw were the rocket launcher (which is KILLER) and the little double edged sword thing (not sure what it's called, but it's also a decent weapon). Also, I know it's late in the game, but a throw option would have been nice in a brawler like this. (DISREGARD! I'm a moron)

Overall I really enjoyed the demo and can't wait for Nov. 20!!

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 44 of 172 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 9, 2012
There is a throw option it is the right stick.
Message 45 of 172 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7973 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2012

Ginta2468 wrote:
There is a throw option it is the right stick.

Right. Consider me corrected then. My bad! Smiley Very Happy

Currently Playing: Star Wars Battlefront, Heroes of the Storm
Twitch|Twitter|YouTube|Instagram
Message 46 of 172 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Oct 10, 2012

I got a chance to play All-Stars at a Gamestop kiosk. Overall, it was good. Not the set-the-world-on-fire-greater-then-the-second-coming-of-Christ greatness that this forum led me to believe it was, but I still see myself getting good at it and spending many hours with it.

I REALLY don't like that whole tumbling in the air for 4 uninterrupted seconds every time someone hits you though. Also, is there a block button? The GS demo gave the most vague controls ever - O, Square, Triange = attack.... That's all it tells you.

Message 47 of 172 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Loved it, went to Mall of America just to play, pretty much gunna be a couch potato for a few days when this game comes out.

Don't let the Microsoft in my sig mislead you, I love Sony just as much!

Message 48 of 172 (448 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I really really liked the demo I was just hopong to get atleast 6 characters in so I could explore a little bit more

Photobucket
Message 49 of 172 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Big Daddy is hard to play as. That's an impression. With the Hermes Boots, he runs as fast as Kratos normally. But I saw some other guy owning with him. Definitely a higher-tier character.

Message 50 of 172 (376 Views)
0 Likes