Wastelander
722 posts

Re: Demo Impressions!

Oct 6, 2012
Like the other guys have said Clock, please let us know if you are aware of which cities/states have the demo kiosks. I haven't seen any in Austin, Texas yet.
Message 11 of 172 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Its amazing! I tried the demo last week at GameStop,played with all 4 of the playable characters in the demo which are Kratos,Parappa,Jak and Daxter,and Big Daddy.I have to say,my favorite characters so far are Jak and Daxter,and Spike.I also owned my bro with Big Daddy since there was 2 controllers.I am picturing myself with my friends laughing it up while brawling it out,playing this game as we played Smash bros. when we were younger.Can't Wait!

Message 12 of 172 (1,026 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I was at the toronto event and I got say.

This is going to be GOTY for me. I was playing the game over and over again. Very fun and very fluid so far. Heihachi was my favorite character in the roster so far. Had such a fun time.

Can't wait till November
http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 13 of 172 (1,003 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Hey Clock!

I've been really enjoying my time with the demo thus far. I never thought I would even try Big Daddy, but being that there were only four characters, I tried him and was pleasantly surprised. 

The character I played the most extensively with though was Jak and he not an easy character to learn. With the other three, I was able to jump in and get settled fairly quickly. With Jak though I found I was discovering new things every round. I love that his supers are very situation specific which makes him feel very tactical. I also really love his mobility. 

In one match, I was able to counter my little brother's level 2 supers (he was playing with parappa). Once with a well timed level 1 from below, and another with a leap right over it with my level 2. Needless to say it was epic. 

My one knock against Jak is that although all his melee moves are immediate, all of his guns seem to require a lot ramp up time. This makes sense on a gun like the mass invertor, but sucks for a lot of the other ones. The needle lazer seems like nothing but a setup move as it barely generates AP and probably the gun I used the least. His gyro burster is deadly though, and coupling that with the scatter gun/reflexer beam... he makes for a beast of an AP generator. 

The fun thing I didn't notice before is how normal movements (not attacks) are often times more effective than dodge rolling. For instance, it's smarter to do a short hop over Kratos level 1 or stand close to Big Daddy when he does his level 1. Simply walking away can get you out of harms way for a few supers. 

I'm sure I'll have more later Smiley Happy

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 14 of 172 (990 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I just want my Nariko exclusive game cover
would be Kat if she was in
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 15 of 172 (954 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 6, 2012
It's epic. if only you put it on PSN. i would play it all night xD
But i know that'll never happen. but it's an fun game.
BeFunky_Untitled
Message 16 of 172 (944 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Sony representatives should be installing it on PS3 interactives within this week. I live in Michigan and all of the Gamestops near me have it.

The demo is very good, I played as Parappa and won with a score of 5. If you want a criticism I guess I would say some of the sound level balancing could use tweaking? That's being nitpicky.

Message 17 of 172 (936 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Oct 6, 2012
They're posting, you know what that means..

REVEALS TONIGHT.
Message 18 of 172 (920 Views)
Sackboy
577 posts

Oct 6, 2012
SasukeY6JUchiha@
They are putting a beta for PSN+ users, near oct.20

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 19 of 172 (912 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 6, 2012

when's the public demo?

Play For Fun!
Message 20 of 172 (892 Views)
0 Likes