Splicer
69 posts

Re: Demo Impressions!

Oct 20, 2012
Dedicated servers would be nice few glitches from character select to ultra's not working but it was a beta but it is still Amazing
Message 91 of 172 (621 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Oct 20, 2012

The graphics, framerate and no online lag is the only good thing i can say, its a really good Vita version.

Maps are okay but the fighting, super system, items...Horrible. 

"We Aren't Anonymous"
Message 92 of 172 (614 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Oct 20, 2012

That was hilarious dude.

Message 93 of 172 (606 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Oct 20, 2012
I have to say I'm loving this game beta, however I am experiencing some sudden lag, where me or someone else ends up all the way on the other side of the stage for no reason. Also, a glitch where I was Parappa and I did his lv. 2 and but was hit during the start up. The bar kept draining, and afterward it left me at lv. 2, but I couldn't gain any type of AP. Just saying.
Message 94 of 172 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Oct 20, 2012

Hey Strider.

I just started playing the public beta yesterday and I have to say this game is tons of fun.  Here are some of my impressions.

The constatnly chagning levels provide fun and fast gameplay

The characters are definitely unique from one another but with similar controls

The soundtrack and how levels from one game are spliced with sound from another... hilarious

The easy to learn, harder to master play style ( I can jump in and goof, or get good and really go to town)

The range of attacks, speed, and timing seem to meld very well together

I will have more to point out I am sure...

Dislikes:

A little dissapointed in the details in the characters compared to the backgrounds (Kratos looks a little cartoony to me, helghan warrior seems washed out, sly just looks weird to me)

You can hear when each players super gauge fills up, which can be misleading in the middle of a heated exchange. I would prefer it to only announce when my super gauge levels up.

The blocking mechanic seems to want to work sometimes and not others

And maybe this last one is just me... but it seems the special directional attacks are just a tad sensitive. I find myslef saying "no I wanted you to do this! Not that." but maybe I just need to adjust to the mechanics better.

Overall I think you have a heck of a great game here and cannot wait to see the finished product! i'll keep on in the beta and continue to post.  I didn't see a public beta thread stickied so I put this here. Good luck with All Stars!

Message 95 of 172 (559 Views)
Splicer
84 posts

Oct 21, 2012

This game is very addicting! Here's hoping to them adding a lot more characters for the final roster.

................................WHAT!?
Message 96 of 172 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 21, 2012
I'd just like to bring up that a ton of the videos before this beta kind of made it seem like some of the sound effects were incredibly underwhelming, namely the sound effects when hitting opponents, I remember one video where Radec shot a character and it didn't sound like they got shot it sounded like they got punched, I think it was since the EB expo when the sound effects started getting better, and now with this public beta I now see that you guys at Superbot are really earning my respect because all the sound effects sound like the way they should and I love it, other than that and the usual beta glitches I'm having a blast and I look forward to the final product.
Message 97 of 172 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
797 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I found one earlier in Ohio, and I played as Jak for a full round and Big Daddy for about 20 seconds Smiley Frustrated I have to say, I am AWESOME as Jak! I will be maining him for sure. Big Daddy is slower than I thought (And I certainly didn't expect him to be speedy at all, either), but his attacks are very powerful. I was having my doubts about Big Daddy, and now all doubts are gone.

Message 98 of 172 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Okay. Can we have a better loading screen in the final game? I've been playing a few hours now, and it really gets on my nerves. Not only is there no music, but it's the same obvious hint on how to win. Unless it's gamemode specific, it should change. If I wanted to know how to use a super, I would play the tutorial. Really hope this gets fixed in the final game.

Also, can we have an option to mute players prior to playing? I don't want to listen to people blowing into their mics and babies crying, so I turn it off. But I have to do it in game, so not only do I lose precious seconds of beatdown, I also give my opponents some time to strike.

Message 99 of 172 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

Oct 21, 2012
The game needs some tweeks to liven it up
Go to
http://www.groubal.com/twisted-metal-dlc-from-eat-sleep-play-and-sony/
SIGN IT FOR TWISTED METAL DLC

also go to WWW.TWISTEDCLANS.TK
Message 100 of 172 (447 Views)