I like the fact that vita version comes free with ps3 version Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 172 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Re: Demo Impressions!

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

I had so much fun playing the playstation plus beta tonight.! I honestly was sceptical about the game, but playing it totally changed my mind. Blance is everything in fighting games, and Superbot did a superb job.

Anyway, here is my input for improvements. 

• Kratos is overpowered. I`ve heard that he was in previous versions of the beta, and unfortunatly he still is. My issues are not with his super moves, but with his general moveset. He seems to be the most used character in the beta. When multiple Kratoses compete on the same stage, it become too chaotic. Kratos deminates at both short and medium range. In comparison to the other characters, they usually excell at one playstyle and make compromises in others(for balance). Personally, I just feel like an encounter with Kratos is always an uphill battle.

• Fat Princes is underpowered. She is the least used character in the beta. Her move set seems weak in contrast to what other characters have at their disposal. 

* The on screen indicators are ineffective. It takes far too long to retrive the AP progress on the bottom of the screen. It often becomes a proccess of emilination with two of the same characters. Even then, the bar position relates to which player you are. Nobody remebers that, and everybody skips the oppening sequence(which tells you which player you are). Its too much of a thought process when all it should be, is a quick glance.

• The hydra stage is too volitile. There are too many things happening in the duration of the time limit. It often becomes more annoying than fun.

* The audio that indicates what level and who recived suppers is ineffective. Supers are achived so frequently, I often tune out the audio because I can not differentiate between the recipients(especially myself). Maybe use a different voice for the main player or begin/follow the current voice with a specific chime(main player only).

Thanks guys! I want to stress that although I may seem negative in my post, I truely enjoyed my time with the game. I hope to see improvements in the future!

Message 52 of 172 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
582 posts

Oct 17, 2012
this beta is not working on my PS VITA or my PS3. I havent even be able to play for more that 5 seconds before i get some error code.
Message 53 of 172 (322 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Oct 17, 2012
I agree about Kratos. The one match I could actually play without an error code popping up, I was PaRappa surrounded by Kratos. Couldn't get any kills and ended up 4th. All anyone's using in the beta is freaking Kratos.

I disagree about the Hydra stage, I thought it was great!

Update, just had another match. Actually won! Smiley Very Happy

Game is awesome, my copy is already paid for.
Message 54 of 172 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Oct 17, 2012
The game itself is great but can something happen to make these loading screens more exciting to look at?
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 55 of 172 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Demo is great! Can't wait till the full game comes out.

Just wish I could test out all the characters by myself to figure them out.
Message 56 of 172 (286 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 17, 2012

I dig the beta.  Playing on Vita.  Why does it require me to turn on my microphone?  I don't want to chat.  Also why is there no option to turn off listening to other people.  I don't want to hear other people.  Please allow me to turn this off.  Thank you! 

Message 57 of 172 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 17, 2012

FriedConsole wrote:

I dig the beta.  Playing on Vita.  Why does it require me to turn on my microphone?  I don't want to chat.  Also why is there no option to turn off listening to other people.  I don't want to hear other people.  Please allow me to turn this off.  Thank you! 

Hold the ps button on the Vita and other settings will appear, there is an option to turn of the mic there.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 58 of 172 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 17, 2012

Initially when I start it up it makes me turn it on to continue but it looks like mid game you can turn it off.  Still would like to mute everyone.  It is like every other voice chat in that it all just background and annoying people.   Voice chat is the stupidest thing ever.  People suck. 

Message 59 of 172 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2008 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Only thing I have to say is that Kratos needs to be fixed terribly. I still need to play more before I add my input.

Message 60 of 172 (232 Views)
0 Likes