Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1773 posts

Re: Dear Creators of this game, I have a really good Q

Jan 4, 2013

I wouldn't get my hopes up for DLC. It makes a lot more sense to save the heavily requested characters like Crash, Spyro, and Cloud for a sequel. That way Sony could use them to market the game and generate tons of hype pre-release, so that hopefully teh sequel will sell better.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 73 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 5, 2013

^^^ I'd rather there not be a sequel, instead they should just keep adding characters on to this game (people could purchase DLC instead of buying a whole new game)

and
"Patapon has two levels? Hades and...? Also, the scythe is actually the Great Mighty Scythe from another obscure series whose name escapes me right now. Patapon are the most famous of the series in question, because I'd actually heard of them prior to this game. I'd never once heard of LocoRoco, Kat, or Emmett before PSAS (although I'd heard of Starhawk, obviously); hell, I'd never heard of Fat Princess or Sir Dan either before this game. Consider them the Pits of this game: Small characters that were unknown before and huge after they appeared in their respective crossover. This game has brought so much unknown IP into the game that some complainers said it was scraping the barrel. That's just what SuperBot's done.

Think of it this way, giving us two relatively unknown characters first means that they may be going from least to most notable, and that we'll get some BIG names near the end of the DLC run! Not sure if that'll change your opinion much, but that's how I've thought of it."

Patapon has the Hades level and the Ape Escape/gravity level (The crab shows up in the background), and that definatly is Gong's scythe, it shoots tornados. Also when patapon came out/was coming out, if you would have read any articles on it, they all stated that "it was a rival to the similar rythmic game known as LocoRoco" (FYI LocoRoco is a much more popular game than Patapon (although they are both crazily awesome)). Also this game has not made any "small" characters  turn "huge" after being in the game, Sir Daniel is just as popular as abe/parappa/spyro/crash/etc, Midievil is a classic. And as for Fat Princess, they added her in because the game Fat Princess was on the top selling list of the PSN store for a long time (basically throughout the whole time this game was being created).

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 73 (142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jan 5, 2013

o: actually... I bought this game just for Kat. I'm one of the few who are SOO happy that she's coming for the game...

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 73 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 5, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:
Devine, that is General Gong's Great Mighty Scythe from Patapon.

Could you be thinking of Baumasu's Axe from Mark of Kri?

Nope, I know what happened there.  When I first looked up where it was from, I got some wrong info that mentioned another obscure series, but definitely ont Baumasu's Axe, because I remembered that one's origin specifically.  Either way, I stand corrected on that.

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

Patapon has the Hades level and the Ape Escape/gravity level (The crab shows up in the background), and that definatly is Gong's scythe, it shoots tornados. Also when patapon came out/was coming out, if you would have read any articles on it, they all stated that "it was a rival to the similar rythmic game known as LocoRoco" (FYI LocoRoco is a much more popular game than Patapon (although they are both crazily awesome)). Also this game has not made any "small" characters  turn "huge" after being in the game, Sir Daniel is just as popular as abe/parappa/spyro/crash/etc, Midievil is a classic. And as for Fat Princess, they added her in because the game Fat Princess was on the top selling list of the PSN store for a long time (basically throughout the whole time this game was being created).

If I'd never heard of LocoRoco once when I bought GameInformer for three years and GamePro for five before that, I'm pretty sure it's obscure, especially when the Patapon series has sold more in three copies than LocoRoco did in four.  For the record, I don't count any of the non-Resistance mashups in Time Station as real, because they're mostly cameos.

As for the obscure characters getting the Marth Effect in this game, I meant that they COULD.  Dan may have once been big, but he's been a has-been character (ironically just like Crash) for the past decade or so, to the point that a good number of the fanbase didn't know who he was.  (Dan's situation sounds exactly like Pit.)  Again, YOU may think the characters are well-known, but when we were flooded with questions on this very forum (and some of the others) asking who X was, they're not; I'm thinking in the mindset of the casual PlayStation fan here, because that's most of the people that bought this game.  They don't know who Kat is, nor Emmett, Fat Princess, Dan, or maybe even PaRappa.  They MIGHT know Patapon, but definitely not LocoRoco unless they're one of the >100,000 total people that picked up the games.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 73 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
745 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Franchises/Characters I hadn't heard of before PS All-Stars:
- Spike/Ape Escape.
- Heihachi Mishima.
- Toro Inoue/Games in.
- Parappa the Rapper/Series.
- Big Daddy.
- Sweet Tooth/Twisted Metal.
- Dante/Devil May Cry.
- Raiden.
- Sir Dan/MediEvil.

Characters from above list that I immediately began liking after playing the game (Even purchasing some of their old games):
- Sir Dan/MediEvil.
- Toro Inoue.

May not be much, but that's just me. Imagine how other people will be. Maybe they've never heard of Big Daddy before, and BioShock never really interested them, but after seeing/playing him, they want to try him out? These games are like an advertisement billboard for the old and forgotten characters.

Oh yeah, by the way, I don't believe Sir Dan was as popular as Crash. I've heard of Crash and Spyro, even played them, but I had never once heard about Sir Dan until I got into these forums. He was probably really popular (I wasn't alive when he was released), but definitely not as much as Crash.
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 73 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
181 posts

Jan 5, 2013

i thought people were dont b i t c h i n g about kat and emmet. clearly not. grow up kid... or grow more mature. it's obvious you don't understand how hard it is to aquire third party characters for a game like this.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 73 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

The only people I didn't recognize when I first got the game were Spike and Sir Daniel Fortesque.
The only reason I knew Toro was because I played the demo for Mainichi Issho on my Japanese account.

Kat should be in All Stars because, for those who have the Vita, she is very likable and recognizable. In addition, Sony has had the War/StarHawk series for a while and Emmet, as its representative, should be in it.

Realistically, a lot more characters should be in the game but in the real world you can only get so many.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 73 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

Put it this way...so far the game has sold 0.34 mill (not including digital) units on the PS3 & 0.11 mill (hard copies, not obtained through Cross Buy or digital) units on the Vita *according to VGAChartz*.

That means almost 1 in every 4 gamers playing this game is playing solely from their Vita - assuming all these Vita owners have atleast played the Gravity Rush demo (highest downloaded demo on the PS Store), let alone bought the game or received it free through PS Plus, it would be safe to say as far as this games fanbase is concerned, Kat is a recognisable character.

Keeping in mind, those numbers don't even include those gamers who've obtained the Vita version through Cross Buy (and therefore may own a Vita themselves), the numbers of PSABR gamers who own a Vita increase even more.

To sum up, here we have a popular, highly requested character (on the forums and such) who is easy to obtain and can bring a unique moveset with her. What excuse does SuperBot have to pass her up.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 73 (65 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Jan 5, 2013

The only reason I was any hype for this game is because the best written game since Bioshock, that being Gravity Rush and its best-story-for-a-long-time, is finally getting the recognition it deserves.

It has been shown in several awards ceremonies, even getting GAME OF THE YEAR IN JAPAN, OVER THE LIKES OF BIG NAME TITLES LIKE SKYRIM (Japan got it after us).

Just because you don't like a character and didn't get to suckle the horrible hype train of Cloud/Snake/Spyro/Crash, doesn't mean the character doesn't deserve to get in. I can think of many reasons as to why Kat and Emmett are better choices. Actually here's a few.

1. Gravity Rush is already recieving awards and high recognition for being an amazing game within the one year it has been out.

2. Playstation All-Stars needed a Vita representitive, so the best thing to do would be to give the Vita, the best game of its library and the current face of the current-day Sony handheld exclusives.

3. Early on in the year StarHawk was given immense amount of hype, even going as far as to cutting the game into a Single Player and Multiplayer part which the former was available on Playstation Plus for some time. It, as well as Playstation All-Stars and Gravity Rush, were what they were pushing a lot this year.

4. Within a short time both Emmett Graves, protagonist of StarHawk, and Kat, protagonist of Gravity Rush, have both proven themselves to be All-Stars.

5. If you have a Vita there is a high chance you have played Gravity Rush; if you have PS+ there is a high chance you also picked up Single Player Starhawk for free.

6. Both characters add a completely unique and interesting moveset; with Emmetts creation mechanics which combines Sackboy and Radec, and Kat's enormous up close mix game potential.

7.They are both first party exclusives and the only ones for Sony that were made this year that have recognizable characters.

8. It is very likely that the entire reason these characters are for free and so early on, is because Playstation All-Stars is being released in Japan on the 15th of January, which is also likely when the two characters will be free for the first two weeks. As stated before, Gravity Rush got TGS Game of the Year 2012, so its likely that Japan highly respects the Gravity Queen. As for Emmett Graves, that was a western shooter, and the first one in 2012 that isn't already shown in another franchise.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 73 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
425 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 5, 2013

I am 14 years old. Been paying games since I was 3, and The first consoles I had were the PS1 ,a dreamcast and an xbox, and then a ps2 in 2004. I played Twisted Metal, Ape Escape, Oddworld, Croc, Spyro, and Tekken. I know everyone in the game, or at least what series they are from. The only one I didnt recognize was Toro, since he is Japanese. This game is designed to appeal to a wide age range, so not everyone will like all the characters. As for Ari, I have never heard of his or her game let alone know who he or she is. Tell me, why is he considered such an "all-star"? I mean, they actually put a weapon from The Wark of Kri in this game, and I thought everyone completely forgot he existed. Spyro and Crash in this game = SSB without Mario and Link, unless you can consider Spike to be Link, since his games were very popular and fun, and none of them sucked unlike Spyro, who went downmountain VERY fast. Face it, this is the ps3 so there will be DLC, you may not like all of them but many other people do, I dont give a crap about them but I will admit that they are all-stars. I want at least map, item, or even another character repesenting a more popular frachise like Tomb Raider, if thats what it takes to give them some recognition.  Because Spyro and Crash, even if they suck now, were very huge years ago, and considering Medievil had two games, the sequel being released more than 10 years ago and it sucked, why does he deserve to be in this game at all?

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 73 (103 Views)
0 Likes