Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Re: Dear Creators of this game, I have a really good Q

Jan 4, 2013
**bleep** dude get oover it. Its free.so get over it. I dont want every character to be old classics. New bringss in bigger population causse all the old allready heree. But idc aslong as they update and they are ps I'm happy. We could be ssbb with a set roster
Just behappyy u get anything
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 73 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Jan 4, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:

1 I am not pulling anything out of my "arse", Dead Space did have more sales than gravity rush, and i am not going to waste time proving something that everyone knows already (and I used the game as an example, because the main character from that is a much better character choice than Kat and Emmett Graves) - GR came out in 2012 while DS came out in 2008, comparing their sales is stupid, get it through your head. Even if it is true, you're just assuming all this, you said  you weren't gonna do the research, therfore you're pulling it out of your arse.

2.I know NO ONE that knows what Gravity Rush is - Once again, you and your friends aren't everybody.
3.Again why would I get over getting trash handed to me through DLC content? - You obviously don't know what the phrase "get over it" means.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 73 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Jan 4, 2013
From what I've seen and read on these forums, the term "All-Star" varies. To some fans, an All-Star is a character from a franchise that defined a console and maybe even a generation. A nod to the pioneers. The classics. While others believe an All-Star is a character from any franchise that touched a PlayStation console. New, old, or even yet to be released (Look at the requests for Joel and Ellie from The Last of Us).

Remember that people have different opinions. Don't dismiss DLC that other fans are excited about by calling it 'trash'. They were birthed on the PlayStation, popular or not. As fans, they are only welcoming these characters into the league of the better known characters of the PlayStation universe. Why can't you do the same as a PlayStation fan?

But this looks more like a "Why X made it into All-Stars and not Z?" thread which I refuse to elaborate on again. Just try to enjoy your free DLC -- can't be too hard, right?

Er...cheers.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 73 (156 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Let me remind you of one key thing that pretty much kills this thread immediately: Link, one of THE biggest gaming characters of all time, is not a Smash Brother, but he's in Smash Bros. Therefore, characters in this game do not have to be "PlayStation All-Stars" to deserve appearance. It's simply a series name, nothing more. Master Chief is not a Halo, but he's in Halo 4. Soap McTavish is not a Call of Duty, but he's in them. I don't remember the last time Ryu actually fought in the street. Link is not Zelda, yet he's the main character of the Zelda games. I can keep going, but you get my point: If you don't question those series names, then you shouldn't be questioning this one.

(Not to mention Gravity Rush, which by Vita standards was a massive hit, is getting a sequel, AND Kat was the most requested first party addition.)
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 73 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

I'm done with the other two people, because they are arguing just to argue (they are repeating things that i already mentioned...)

and people need to stop telling me to get over it... I'm upset that two people that i have never heard of are getting added in as the first DLC characters, they may be free, but that doesn't make me want them, I'd rather them not add anyone over these two, or I'd rather wait years or how ever long it would take for them to get a different character (I'd much rather pay for something i want over getting handed something i don't want (I guess I'm ungrateful, but would you rather get handed a raw potato to eat or go to McDonalds and get a great meal?))

also LikeRA1N, okay, ill admit that they aren't trash, but i feel like the creators did a significantly poor job of choosing the two new characters that they would implement into the game, instead of choosing a character in order to make sales for that game, they should add in characters that the majority of people actually want (also I view an All-Star as someone that i can talk to a stranger about, someone (of any age group) who doesn't even own a Playstation, and they would be able to have a conversation with me about said character) (P.S. you were right, this is mainly a why did character x get chosen over character z thread)

and DevinePaladin27, It's called super smash bros. because they are from the same system (hence the word brother) and they fight (the word smash), also its called Halo because the other games revolved around destroying the Halos (which were built by the bad guy's species in Halo 4) and the name fits bacause even though you have a different mission in that game it still fits into the halo storyline, call of duty also revolves around what the game is about, street fighter has many street levels, and its called zelda because you need to save zelda, notice that all of these game's titles all revolve around what is in the game (so all of the characters should be allstars), and if Kat was the most requested first party addition, the group that were questioned of who they wanted were most likely new to knowing about Playstation (probably vita beta testers or something (because i doubt that people who have played all first party games would vote for her over other beloved characters), and if they wanted someone easy to get, they could have gotten Hero or a LocoRoco character (who both would have been easy to get in the game considering they already have levels/items) (I'd honestly rather have a Hotshots Golf character in over Kat and Emmett, and I hated Hotshots Golf from the bottom of my heart (note that I'm putting how aweful of a character that a Hotshots Golf character would be))

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 73 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

CaptKnucklesFACT wrote:
and DevinePaladin27, It's called super smash bros. because they are from the same system (hence the word brother) and they fight (the word smash), also its called Halo because the other games revolved around destroying the Halos (which were built by the bad guy's species in Halo 4) and the name fits bacause even though you have a different mission in that game it still fits into the halo storyline, call of duty also revolves around what the game is about, street fighter has many street levels, and its called zelda because you need to save zelda, notice that all of these game's titles all revolve around what is in the game (so all of the characters should be allstars), and if Kat was the most requested first party addition, the group that were questioned of who they wanted were most likely new to knowing about Playstation (probably vita beta testers or something (because i doubt that people who have played all first party games would vote for her over other beloved characters), and if they wanted someone easy to get, they could have gotten Hero or a LocoRoco character (who both would have been easy to get in the game considering they already have levels/items) (I'd honestly rather have a Hotshots Golf character in over Kat and Emmett, and I hated Hotshots Golf from the bottom of my heart (note that I'm putting how aweful of a character that a Hotshots Golf character would be))

1. It's called Super Smash Brothers because it's riding off of the Mario Brothers series' coattails.  If you can take the title of PSAS literally, I can take the title of SSB, or any of the games I mentioned, literally, and complain about them.  I know the actual meaning behind all of them, of course, but the point is that you can construe anything in any way.

2. Both Patapon and LocoRoco are relatively unknown series as well, to the point where many PS fans have never even heard of them, just like Kat.  Just because YOU'd prefer them, doesn't mean they're more of "All-Stars."  And when I say Kat was the most requested first party character, I mean by EVERY standard.  This forum, gameFAQs, neoGAF, and all of the fanmade forums requested Kat more than any other first party character.  Hell, Kat was just under Snake in terms of demand.  Again, YOU may not care about them, but that doesn't mean that they're bad or that NOBODY cares about them.  This game is about PlayStation's past, present, and future.  Both Emmett and Kat are part of the future category.  Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, the fact here is that they're here to stay.  You can argue that you feel they're not worthy until your face turns blue, but SuperBot doesn't care about your opinion when the large majority specifically asked for these characters.

ecdf9e46
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 73 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

lol i just guessed the meaning behind SSB's reaasoning for having that name, and you have to admit it was a pretty good guess :smileytongue:

also did you really just say they are unknown series'? lol they are already in the game, Patapon has 2 levels and Gong's scythe as a purple weapon, and LocoRoco has its own level too (and the games were crazily addicting, I couldn't my PSP down for days, I felt like going to sleep/eating sucked because doing so dragged me away from the awesomeness), and it doesn't mean that they are "more of all-stars" (they either are or aren't) because I prefer them, its because they both have over 3 games, and you can talk to someone random about it's game, and the majority of people you talk to will know who you are talking about (if you talk to someone about Gravity Rush, they won't have a clue what you are talking about). And I didn't say that nobody cares about them, it's just that the the group that does care for them is much smaller than the group that is settling for them/doesn't want them, and I did say they are bad, but i don't mean bad themselves, but bad in comparison to the other characters that could have been added in. And I find it really stupid that they are adding in characters that they think will be Playstation's "future" because there is a chance that the games wont do good in stores (this doesn't really count for big daddy and etc because he already had a good/well-known game that people already know about)

also i am not really upset that Kat and Emmett are being added in, Im mainly upset because they are the first two to be added in (I would be okay with them being added in later, but it doesn't seem right to have the first DLC be two not-that-well-know characters)

16 Characters that should really be in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Hero-Patapon3, Blob-LocoRoco, Abe-Abe's Oddessy, Ari+Stan-Okage, Raziel-Soul Reaver, The King of All Cosmos-Katamari, Alex Mercer-Prototype, Isaac Clarke-Dead Space, Cloud-Final Fantasy VII, Spyro-Spyro, Crash-Crash Bandicoot, Tiki Guy-PixelJunk Monsters, Amaterasu-Ōkami, Mega Man-Mega Man X8, Ratonhnhaké:ton-Assassin's Creed III, Kevin Butler+Marcus PSP

^^^THIS LINK BELOW EXPLAINS WHY THEY SHOULD BE ADDED IN. vvv
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/15-MORE-THAN-DESERVING-NEW-CHARACTER-IDEAS-feedback-is/m-p/39129075#U39129075
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 73 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Jan 4, 2013

This game represents Sony's PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE. Kat and Emmett are a part of that future. Deal with it. Get your nostalgia panties out of their twist.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 73 (101 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Patapon has two levels? Hades and...? Also, the scythe is actually the Great Mighty Scythe from another obscure series whose name escapes me right now. Patapon are the most famous of the series in question, because I'd actually heard of them prior to this game. I'd never once heard of LocoRoco, Kat, or Emmett before PSAS (although I'd heard of Starhawk, obviously); hell, I'd never heard of Fat Princess or Sir Dan either before this game. Consider them the Pits of this game: Small characters that were unknown before and huge after they appeared in their respective crossover. This game has brought so much unknown IP into the game that some complainers said it was scraping the barrel. That's just what SuperBot's done.

Think of it this way, giving us two relatively unknown characters first means that they may be going from least to most notable, and that we'll get some BIG names near the end of the DLC run! Not sure if that'll change your opinion much, but that's how I've thought of it.
ecdf9e46
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 73 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Devine, that is General Gong's Great Mighty Scythe from Patapon.

Could you be thinking of Baumasu's Axe from Mark of Kri?
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 73 (175 Views)