Highlighted
Nov 30 2012
By: barker09 Uncharted Territory 1789 posts

Dealing with Sackboy

14 replies 254 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

So I decided about 2 minutes ago that I'll be making a sort of "Video Guide" for dealing with Sackboy players. Included will be general tips (like using the L1 button) and specific strategies for individual characters. I already have lots of ideas but I figured you guys would have some stuff that I hadn't even thought of.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! The videos can be found here on completion: My Channel

If it turns out a success, I will definitely do one for Kratos/ Sly/ Raiden.

Message 1 of 15 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Dealing with Sackboy

Nov 30, 2012

Yday i was playing against a sackboy player with Nariko in a 2v2 rank match. My teamate (Raiden) was fighting against Kratos while  was chasing sackboy lol anyways what i did was spam the chains to pull him close to me then did combo, dodge, into the normol circle then into 80AP combo.. and when  he threw the cake and paint balls i would counter it and hit him with his own cake lol he was on a Mic and got soo mad he said this exactly "Nariko thinks she cool countering my cakes" lmao

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Message 2 of 15 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Anyone else?
Message 3 of 15 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Jozai wrote:

and when  he threw the cake and paint balls i would counter it and hit him with his own cake lol he was on a Mic and got soo mad he said this exactly "Nariko thinks she cool countering my cakes" lmao

You should have said, "Sackboy thinks it's cool to keep spamming the same move - the noob"

Message 4 of 15 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 30, 2012
When playing against Sackboy, characters with wide arc hits are probably best. They can catch Sackboy in a combo and break the inevitable shock pad in front of him.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 15 (178 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Try fighting a cowardly Sackboy with a character who has no Long Range attack to spam. I usually play Sweet Tooth and hate how he can't do any kind of combo. Well he can send people flying across the map with a shotgun, but that's pretty much it, anyone with a long range attack can easily take Sweet Tooth out. You'll also take more damage trying to throw molotovs than just trying to dodge attack.

Message 6 of 15 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5080 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Jozai wrote:

Yday i was playing against a sackboy player with Nariko in a 2v2 rank match. My teamate (Raiden) was fighting against Kratos while  was chasing sackboy lol anyways what i did was spam the chains to pull him close to me then did combo, dodge, into the normol circle then into 80AP combo.. and when  he threw the cake and paint balls i would counter it and hit him with his own cake lol he was on a Mic and got soo mad he said this exactly "Nariko thinks she cool countering my cakes" lmao

That chain pull is great, huh?  It happens in the blink of an eye and you can go right into a combo. 

Message 7 of 15 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 30, 2012
@Stickman, Sweet Tooth has plenty of combos. I think down triangle or down circle would be a good way to shut down Sackboy too.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 8 of 15 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Yeah I'm pretty sure Tooth's mine can destroy the shock pad and/or fan.
Message 9 of 15 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Fat Princess strategy against Sackboy:

Since Sackboy usually has traps all around, Fat Princess' summons are her pride and joy against the boy of sack.

• - If Sackboy doesn't have his Fan out, get horizontally parallel to him and summon Mage Fireball (neutral Circle)
  • - If he does have his fan out (or not):
  • ----- If you can jump above him, lay a bomb ((air) down+Circle)
  • ----- If you can get a diagonal shot at him, do air sword solider (air forward+Circle)
  • ----- If he's on a jump-through platform, go below him and fire an upward Mage Fireball ((air) up+Circle)

The best strategy of above though would be the bomb, since you're putting a small sense of fear of being hit into Sackboy (so he should stop spamming momentarily to deal with your bomb).

Another thing to note is that the sword can break the electric pad (I think the bomb too). Sure you can't really combo or do anything much else, but at least it can hopefully hinder him long enough so he can't build up Level 3.

~GL

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 10 of 15 (158 Views)