Dec 05 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 90: Kat/Emmett First Opinions

50 replies 323 views Edited Dec 5, 2012

Right now, I personally feel that I have more of a grasp on how Kat would play as opposed to Emmett, so I want to start her first, with my opinions on her playstyle, among other things.

I'm probably most intrigued by her air game. Now mind you, I've not played Gravity Rush, so I really only expected her to have something to do with, well, gravity. The abilities she's been given that we've been told so far all emphasize this air assault playstyle, something that really only one character comes close to emulating in the base game. Even then, Raiden's not really an air character so much as a mobile one, meaning that Kat is immediately unique from the other characters. While I'm sure I'll absolutely love her air game, I'm also very slightly concerned about the consequences this could bring. If she has such a good air game, she could end up getting destroyed by anti-air attacks such as R&C's Warmonger, though her second-jump/glide-thing ability may help this. Alternatively, Kat's setup means that she's much less likely to have infinites, which is obviously a good thing. I think Kat's air game will have many more rewards than drawbacks, but I don't think it will be without the latter.

Her other gravity-based attacks also sound interesting, but I'd expected that much, so they're not as interesting as the air game that I hadn't expected from her (again, because I never really looked into Gravity Rush). Other than that comment, I really don't have much else to bring up as far as she goes.

As for Emmett, I like the fact that he has two polar-opposite playstyles. The mix of close and long range really gives him a sense of versatility, and in my mind makes him a unique blend of Sweet Tooth and Radec (at least from the little bit I've heard). I'm interested to see how he actually plays, and I'm more interested in seeing how he matches up against Kat. Having these two characters from complete opposite sides of the proverbial coin duking it out would make for some fantastic 1v1 matches.

What do you guys think (based on what we've heard so far)? Let us know below!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 51 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Day 90: Kat/Emmett First Opinions

Dec 5, 2012

havent read this yet. but i must know *gets on one knee* will you, Divine Paladin the 27th, marry me?

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 2 of 51 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I takith the ring from the fingerith of the divinepaladinith and putith on thy fingerith of myith
Message 3 of 51 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Dec 5, 2012

krusher10 wrote:
I takith the ring from the fingerith of the divinepaladinith and putith on thy fingerith of myith

STOP TRYING TO GET IN THE WAY OF OUR LOVE. you always do this :/ you cant get over the fact that you didnt treat me well enough.

Message 4 of 51 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 5, 2012
...**bleep** did I miss?
ecdf9e46
Message 5 of 51 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 5, 2012
From what I've read, it also sounds like they are working to avoid characters that mash square, or spam all together, and are encouraging characters to use all of their moves in harmony, or at least for kat. This is a step in a great direction
Message 6 of 51 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Dec 5, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
...**bleep** did I miss?

MARRY ME YOU BIG STRONG SEXY BEAST.

Message 7 of 51 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Plasmakirby wrote:
From what I've read, it also sounds like they are working to avoid characters that mash square, or spam all together, and are encouraging characters to use all of their moves in harmony, or at least for kat. This is a step in a great direction

Perhaps it's their way to work around their lack of a non-infinite spam filter until they can find a way to implement one.  I do agree that more all-around characters will be a welcome sight, even if I do already personally try to be as all-around as I can with each character I play.  It might be more interesting if it's encouraged like it seems to be with Kat.

ecdf9e46
Message 8 of 51 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 5, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
...**bleep** did I miss?

I like where this is going...

ecdf9e46
Message 9 of 51 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Dec 5, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

zeothedeathgod wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
...**bleep** did I miss?

I like where this is going...

krusher and i are the thread jackers *takes off face to reveal skull* thats right. we are the skull skinners youve been hearing so much about. and this thread is now under our control.

Message 10 of 51 (267 Views)
0 Likes