Dec 04 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 89: Omar

5 replies 152 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

No, this thread is not actually only about Omar. I just felt like naming it that. More specifically, I am talking about Omar's comments on his recent PSBlog post. There's much to be gathered, so I'll jump right into it.

First, Abe is practically confirmed. With Oddworld Inhabitants openly advocating Abe as a character and Omar saying that "Abe is one of my favorite video game characters of all time. Of all time!", in addition to mentioning that Blood Omen, Oddworld, and MK have all been considered at one point, it's safe to say I know one of the next DLC characters. Second, the Test Server concept is likely to be enacted. Now that we've heard on two different occasions within a day that it is in fact a real idea, it's an easy assumption to make that we have a pretty good chance at seeing that soon. Third, Kat and Emmett are definitely, irrevocably rivals. Fourth, an MK rep is no stretch. Netherrealm seemed alright with adding somebody, and Omar seems very enthusiastic about an MK rep. Fifth, Fearless may not be part of this free DLC pack. Omar mentioned that they were still figuring out what to do with the level, and at one point expressly noted that Kat and Emmett are free, without mentioning Fearless.

So, that said, I'm now gonna comment on the above. Knowing that SuperBot is likely capitalizing on a character such as Abe being practically given to them is good, especially because Abe is a great character to have. The same goes for an MK rep. I'm personally really interested in the DLC Test Server idea, because I can't recall a time where this was ever implemented before. To prevent an issue where the community could work around the desired playstyle (a la Sackboy) by using this server is ingenious. The only thing I'm concerned about is that Fearless may be a separate paid DLC. I'm not against stage DLCs, but showing it off next to the free characters and then making it paid is a bit of (likely unintentional) misdirection on their part. I'm not gonna complain, because we still get two free characters, but it's the context of how they revealed the map that would irk me just slightly. That said, if there's another stage or two to go with it in a stage pack, I'd be much more okay with it.

We'll have to see how these predictions develop down the line, but I'm pretty confident in most of them. What do you guys think? Let me know below!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 6 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Day 89: Omar

Dec 4, 2012
I also think the stage will be paid and I'm totally okay with it especially if you can test play it. It looks amazing.

As for MK rep. He said he would love to have one but I doubt it will be the next DLC. Im sure way more people want crash and spryo and they are going to be terribly upset and vocal if an MK rep gets in before them.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 2 of 6 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2324 posts

Dec 5, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:
I also think the stage will be paid and I'm totally okay with it especially if you can test play it. It looks amazing.

As for MK rep. He said he would love to have one but I doubt it will be the next DLC. Im sure way more people want crash and spryo and they are going to be terribly upset and vocal if an MK rep gets in before them.

Who said they're even going to be DLC?

Message 3 of 6 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Dec 5, 2012

This may be a stretch but I believe that the stages will all be free in separate packs.

After this dlc, all character dlc will be charged but in order to play against these characters online you can download the stages free like the compatibility packs in mortal kombat.

I kind of feel this will happen with what Omar said in the ign video where he doesn't want to split the fan base where some people have the stage and some don't.

This is the ign video for those that don't know

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=mhee&v=D5Vzx-08qqo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 4 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Dec 5, 2012
If MK gets a rep, I can't see too many people being against it. After all, if a veteran company like Netherrealm is willing to give a character to PSAS, that shows a lot of confidence, which may just persuade one company later on.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 5 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 5, 2012
I doubt the fanbase is mature enough to understand that sometimes companies exchange favors (Kratos for MK rep) and that just because a new character is added doesn't mean some other unrelated character they want will not be. Anyway I would love to see characters like crash and Spyro and cloud too.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 6 of 6 (88 Views)
0 Likes