Nov 26 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 82: Character of the Day, Part 3

4 replies 77 views Edited Nov 26, 2012

Sorry for missing yesterday's thread; when I start PSAS I completely get caught up in it!

Anyway, today's (or rather yesterday's) character is Nariko. I really like Nariko, but she has some serious issues that prevent her from being one of the greatest characters in this game. For one, her Supers are possibly the worst in the game. That's not to say they're not useful, but rather that they're so situational that only one of her Supers is really ever truly viable. If that were her lvl1 or 2, this wouldn't be an issue nearly as much as it is. As it stands, she's possibly the worst choice for 1v1, because although it's not recommended by SuperBot, you pretty much HAVE to use a lvl3 to win. Ironically, Omar himself showed this off when he went for a lvl3 in 1v1. When he called her a risk-reward character, I thought he had something else in mind. She's useful in games with more than one player because she can duck out of the action and launch her lvl1 or 2 for some quick kills, but in the "true" competitive play she's absolutely screwed most of the time.

That said, I absolutely love her playstyle. She plays so fluently and she feels like a more complete version of Kratos to me in terms of her actual moveset and combos. I have an issue with her air-game right now, but that's because I admittedly don't have enough practice with her more than anything else. Other than the issue with her Supers, she's honestly one of my favorite characters that I've gotten extensive time with. The Supers are at the moment a big selling point for me, though. Perhaps I'll find a way to make her lvl1 more useful and that'll fix my issue entirely, but as of right now she's got the ability, but not the right, to be one of the best characters in the game. If she were viable in all three major types (2v2, FFA, AND 1v1) as opposed to just (the first) two, I think she'd easily breach the top 5. I'm sure she'd be in mine.

What do you guys think of Nariko? For that matter, who's your character of the day? Be sure to comment below!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Day 82: Character of the Day, Part 3

Nov 26, 2012
i only played her arcade,
but her playstyle is exactly like how she is in her game,
i recommend Heavenly Sword to those who haven't played it
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 5 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I've been meaning to pick up Heavenly Sword for a while now. Really I'm behind on a lot of PS3 games since I got one a while behind the curve.
ecdf9e46
Message 3 of 5 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Nov 26, 2012
I actually really like her level 2. I agree that her level 1 is God awful tho
Message 4 of 5 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 26, 2012
Her lvl2 is fine by me, but it's so risky to use when somebody else has a Super, because you're a sitting duck. I get paranoid when using it for that reason.
ecdf9e46
Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes