Nov 20 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 78: Grand Beginning

[ Edited ]
6 replies 162 views Edited Nov 20, 2012

You didn't really think I'd just stop on a dime, did you?

Take a look at the wording of my previous thread. There were three things that I said that I want you to take notice of:
1. For you Pasta forumers, "Isn't it fitting that the final thread in this saga is also my 100th thread on the Pasta forums?"
2. "I've got something else in mind that I'm planning on doing, but that's not something I'm ready to divulge just yet."
3. "With all that said: Brace yourselves, not for the grand finale of these threads, but for the beginning - the beginning of what is hopefully an excellent series."

Two of those are vague comments, and the third has a double-meaning. While I was talking about PSAS, I was also talking about my second "saga" (as I called it in the first comment) or "series" of Daily Threads. I couldn't just give this up THAT easily! For now my tentative goal is to reach 100 days, and we'll test the waters to see if I can keep it going from there.

Now for the actual topic at hand. I've found the first review of PlayStation All-Stars, and if it says anything about the ones that will surely come over the next few days, I'm pleasantly surprised.

TheGamesCabin somehow was allowed to put out a review of the Vita version despite Sony's review embargo, and you can find it here. This review makes sure to note one thing that I hope is followed through by the future reviews: It doesn't compare it to Smash Bros. incessantly. It doesn't deny comparisons, but notes that PSAS is its own game and fairly gives it its own review. The review is pretty sound, although the writer doesn't seem to like Sackboy. The only thing that confuses me slightly is that he gave it an 8.5 despite having almost entirely praise for it. His review felt like he was going to give a 9 the whole way through, to me, but this isn't a big deal by any means, just a gripe on my part.

If other reviews give PSAS its own shot as a game and don't bash it like Greg Miller did to LBP Karting (for being similar to other games), the game will likely stand up on its own and show that it can fight with the big dog across the street. It'll still lose, but for a first game it's got a lot of fight.

And that's fine by me.

I will make sure to edit any further reviews I find into the OP so that you guys can find a consolidated area for reviews and commentary on them. What do you think of the first review? I find it fair, but do you have a gripe that makes you feel like it's biased? Make sure to let me know below!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 7 (162 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Day 78: Grand Beginning

Nov 20, 2012
**bleep** dude, kudos for still doing these threads! Smiley Very Happy
and i think you should stay till more than a hundred,
me and a couple other forumers are gonna help out hellsagent with his thread in countdowning the dlc release,

on-topic:
that dude really sure gave a nice review,
kinda expected a 7-9 range, so not dissapointed by the read Smiley Happy
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 7 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 20, 2012
At this point, 100 may be the most I'll be able to do. I'll have to find out, but I definitely want to keep these going, because they've become fun to do again (for a few weeks in the middle they were tedious, I'll admit). If I can keep it going, I assure you I will. After 100 days of doing topics, who knows whether that'll last. I've got a few ideas in mind in case I run out of ideas, though, so it could go beyond.
ecdf9e46
Message 3 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 20, 2012

Nevermind, the link just broke for me.  Move along, folks.

ecdf9e46
Message 4 of 7 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 20, 2012
what link?
it's just a little bit wrong,
there's a ']' at the end that needs to be erased...
Play For Fun!
Message 5 of 7 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Divine,
We need your official opinion of the game. One of your threads could be your own review.

Today's the big day though! Congrats on your goal and I hope to see you online soon.

"They're all good at killing."
-Omar Kendall IGN LIvestream [18:33] 11/14/12
Message 6 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 20, 2012
Oh, that's what it was. Sorry, I do these first on the Pastadome, where BBCode reigns supreme. I'll fix that up real quick.

My review will be the weekly thread on Monday. Something like that takes more than a day, and I'll have a friend over both today and tomorrow so I can't get much single-player in anyway.
ecdf9e46
Message 7 of 7 (58 Views)
0 Likes