Nov 19 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 76: Ranks/Unlockables

12 replies 208 views Edited Nov 19, 2012

We've come a long way, folks. Only one more thread for me after this and my mission's been accomplished.

Today I'm gonna briefly touch on the Ranks and the amount of Unlockables in this game. First, the sheer amount of unlockable content in this game is baffling. Given, quite a bit of them are used for what SuperBot calls the player's "business card," but even so, there has to be at least 1000 hours of total content to be unlocked. I know some people had an issue with the amount of ease it took to unlock some of the unlockables, such as the alternate costumes. However, this is one of the better decisions that SuperBot made. Could you imagine how angry people would be if you only unlocked the costumes for each character at level 150 as opposed to 10 or whatever it currently is? Sure, it's easy to get now, but the point is that costumes can be something everybody can enjoy equally. The higher-level stuff like the avatar pictures for your character profile or whatever else they have in store (possibly a hidden costume, who knows) won't do much more than make other players online jealous of how far you've gotten with, say, Dante. It'll be something that you get by playing your main, and something you can show off without making other fans so irritated in the fact that it takes a while to unlock that particular thing that they end up grinding for it. And the last thing SuperBot wants is for people to have to grind just to get something they should be able to get easily. In short, the stuff that everybody should be able to enjoy is easy to get, and the stuff that the dedicated fans want (perhaps the intro and outro videos and/or music) to enjoy takes a while.

As for the ranks, while I do feel they're a bit...odd (why have it so that each match pretty much levels you up?), I want to see just how and why they're like this. For example, there may be a level curve that I don't know about that increases the experience needed between levels at some points, and completely knocks out the question I just noted. I also want to know the proportion between the amount of levels gained and the amount of unlocks received. Since I've laid off the game videos this past week so as to have SOMETHING left to be surprised by, I don't know the answer to this - perhaps one of you could answer it - but I'm curious as to whether every rank will net you some sort of unlock that pertains to that character, or if the amount of stuff you get will slow down (or even increase) as you get higher up. Lastly, I'm assuming I know the answer to this, but I want to know if each character has an identical unlock progression. Will you always unlock character picture 35 at rank X and intro theme 14 at rank Y?

Anyway, that's all I've really got for today. What do you guys think about the progression system in the game? Be sure to comment below, and be sure to tune in to tomorrow's thread!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 13 (208 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Re: Day 76: Ranks/Unlockables

Nov 19, 2012
Add in 1 more costume for every character, and have it at rank 700 or so. The only non-DLC costume they get is at level 10, which is pretty low.
I probably posted a joke here. If you get offended, I'm sorry in advance. I'm not here to start fights.
Message 2 of 13 (203 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 19, 2012
are you gonna try unlocking everything?
Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 13 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Hopefully they do have other stuff worth getting. I don't really care for avatar and backgrounds tbh.

Level 10 to get a costume isn't even the slightest challenge. From the way I've seen people leveling up, you could probably get level 10 in 2-3 matches
Message 4 of 13 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 19, 2012

achus93again wrote:
are you gonna try unlocking everything?

Depends on how hard it is.  If I can 100% this game, the perfectionist inside me will force me to.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 5 of 13 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 19, 2012
ii miight try two unlock all of the 2tuff for each character. actually ii wiill play thii2 game 2o much iill do iit uniintentiionally. well ii dont really know. iill have two 2ee my2elf iif iit2 that ea2y.
Message 6 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 19, 2012
That way I see it their is going to be 2 types of people:

- people who just want access to all the costumes easily and without a sweat

- people who love the challenge of unlocking collectibles which could take up to weeks or even months
Message 7 of 13 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 19, 2012

Having cosmetic unlockables as the harder to get ones is the way to go. It means I can get the meaningful ones out of the way and focus on enjoying the game. And awesome that you've been doing these for so many days. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 8 of 13 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 19, 2012
I'm going to be putting tons of hours in this game so I'm glad it has going to consistently reward me as I play.
They did a really good job with this.

Message 9 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 19, 2012
Oh, and great job divine for making it so far! You have been a great contributer to this forum, and reading your threads each say was always enjoyable .

Message 10 of 13 (119 Views)
0 Likes