Nov 17 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 74: An Open Reply from SuperBot

12 replies 244 views Edited Nov 17, 2012

Guys.

They replied.  And you can tell that Chan didn't hold back in his response. I feel that the community here would love to hear the response I was given, and since it was an open letter, I'm assuming Chan responded knowing it'd be an open response. The fact that they responded at all, let alone so speedily, and even more so with a heartfelt response, is more than enough to convince me even further that SuperBot is one of only three companies that deserve my absolute, respect. Here is the email:

Dear Kevin,

We wanted to acknowledge your email and let you know that it has indeed impacted each and every one of us. I mentioned it in our company meeting today, and we all shared the joy and inspiration your email and the reaction from splinterz5 brought us. In all honesty, the sincerity and genuine appreciation for our game and for us as developers really moved us.

I can tell you that this project is a labor of love that we pursued with every ounce of energy we had. Like any production, we had some significant challenges. Throw into that mix the responsibility that we had to our fans, our publisher, our ip holders, and ourselves to make an incredible title representing 2 decades of PS history and you can imagine just how huge the challenges were. Especially for a new development team and company. I am extremely proud of our accomplishment, but in this digital age of social media it’s sometimes hard to be positive all of the time when every single action, every aspect of what we do or don’t do is open to the scrutiny of the entire world. Some sentiments are not so positive, and some are downright hurtful, but we do not begrudge those opinions nor shy away from these aspects that come from being in the spotlight. If anything, we are grateful to even have this opportunity, and it steels our resolve to make the best game we can. That said, the positive responses we do get, are something that we cherish. To have fans such as you and Splinterz recognize and appreciate our efforts is so incredibly validating. It is simply that for which we have strived so hard for. To know that we have done work worthy to warrant such praise and sentiment is all any creative team could ask for.

As fans ourselves, we know what this project means to you all, and we did our best to do that justice. It is an impossible dream to think we could satisfy all, but it won’t stop us from trying.

Thank you so much for inspiring us to continue our efforts to make the best **bleep** game on the planet, and to increase our interaction with this incredible community of fans in the hopes that we can give more inspiration back.

Our sincere thanks,

Chan Park
President
SuperBot
10395 Jefferson Blvd
Culver City, Ca 90232

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 13 (244 Views)
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Re: Day 74: An Open Reply from SuperBot

Nov 17, 2012
fricken awesome!
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 2 of 13 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 17, 2012

effing.

awesome.

respect.

Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 13 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Nov 17, 2012

Superbot must be some of the kindest developers ever. They`re awesome, no matter what anyone has or are saying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 4 of 13 (210 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Ya know over the last couple months there have been sometimes where i was dissatisfied with SB but that right there is why i love them!! They are real frieken gamers like us who just want to make an awesome game!!
Message 5 of 13 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 17, 2012

BS! They never replied to non of my messages!

Btw you make to many threads man :/ I just get to lazy to read all of it all the time, but I did read this one.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 13 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 17, 2012

That was kind of the point of the daily thread.  Regardless, I'll leave this side-conversation there for the sake of not drag this off-topic.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 7 of 13 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Superbot is the Valve of fighting games.
Message 8 of 13 (163 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7050 posts

Nov 17, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

That was kind of the point of the daily thread.  Regardless, I'll leave this side-conversation there for the sake of not drag this off-topic.

So thats why it says Day?

Day = Daily.?

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 9 of 13 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 17, 2012

The Superbot team, a shining light in the already bright Playstation All-Stars experience. Truly respectable, thank you for sharing!

Message 10 of 13 (150 Views)
0 Likes