Nov 13 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 71: TV Advertising and Early Reviews

[ Edited ]
6 replies 279 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

There's one way we will know for sure if Sony's planning on doing TV advertisements for PSAS in this last crucial week, and I'm going to call it now: They're not going to. My reasoning for this is simple: They're not releasing reviews yet.

Now some of you may be asking how these two things are connected. Well, in the gaming industry, most reviews for anticipated games such as PSAS - and it has undoubtedly become highly anticipated in this past month - are released a week before the game launches for two reasons: First, to increase hype, as big games rarely get poor scores (you can make a conspiracy theory as to why that it is, but that's not what I'm insinuating here). Second, to plaster positive quotes all over the game's advertisements.

Well, we're exactly a week out from launch day, and there is not a single review, online or otherwise. This leads me to two assumptions:

They're not going to release reviews early, because they want people to buy the game on impulse on launch day and not see the possible bad scores it will get for being the "heartless Smash clone" that some people think it is. And my second assumption about TV advertisements has already been mentioned. If this is one of the reasons they don't push out any TV advertisements, and it's not simply that Sony still doesn't understand the importance of commercials, I can understand their choice not to put the game out there. After all, while all publicity is good publicity, the game treads a fine line of thin ice (double whammy!) for many fans, and literally any little complaint could turn off some fans who would otherwise buy this game on day one.

What do you guys think? Should Sony allow some reviews to be put out early? Should they just advertise the game, no matter the cost? Continue the discussion below!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Day 71: TV Advertising and Early Reviews

Nov 13, 2012
i always thought the ads and trailers would come out after the release,
to coincide with some christmas purchases...
Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 7 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I'd hate it say it, DP.

You may have to dumb down your threads, the lurker count is ridiculous!

I'd be happy to at least see 1 PSASBR ad in this sea of Halo and COD commercials that keep coming up one right after the other. Seriously!

Message 3 of 7 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 13, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

I'd be happy to at least see 1 PSASBR ad in this sea of Halo and COD commercials that keep coming up one right after the other. Seriously!

I agree. CoD is a disease.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 7 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I would like to see at least 1, not just fps or ac commercials
Message 5 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Nov 13, 2012
ive seen tv ads...
Message 6 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Nov 13, 2012

they should put the attract trailer on the air.

Message 7 of 7 (103 Views)
0 Likes