Nov 08 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 58: HUD

12 replies 304 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Well, it seems like the customization is even greater than I personally expected. I saw somebody post this image recently, and one of the comments caught me off guard.

PSAS.png

Somebody noted that it looked very similar to a Sly Cooperesque font. Now, we’ve seen the final build, and we know that this isn’t the final HUD for either version, so that leaves two options: It’s either a build much earlier than one we’ve ever seen that’s for some reason used in an advertisement (this has been done before, so it’s plausible, but with months of hype and public development time questionable to say the least), or there are customizable HUDs, possibly with one for each character. If the latter is true, I’d be pleasantly surprised, because I never thought they’d go THAT in-depth.

Also, I’d like to note that in the trailer from which that image came (the most recent PSAS trailer, more specifically the PAL version of the Russian one) also shows the current HUD in one scene, which seems to confirm unlockable HUDs of some sort. I’ll, for one, be interested to see any other HUDs - not for the actual sight of them, but for the fact that they went out of the way to make extra HUDs - and to see just HOW much they stuffed into this game. What do you guys think? Continue the discussion below!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 13 (304 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Re: Day 58: HUD

Nov 8, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised, SuperBot has said many times there is tons of unlockables/ content. However I would be super excited! They never fail to surprise/delight us =)

Message 2 of 13 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Nov 8, 2012
I'm so tired of people saying this game is not worth the 60$ I think it's worth more than that, it's so awesome of Superbot to make THIS level of content!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos is always appreciated

All Stars Theme
Message 3 of 13 (237 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Nov 8, 2012
This isn't even a lot of content, play Halo 4 and you'll see a lot of content.
Message 4 of 13 (189 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Nov 8, 2012
Yeah but halo is a shooter. Can't get more generic and lame than that!
Message 5 of 13 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

I can't say how much content is in it till I actually get the game. The roster size is not enough in my opinion. Others may say i'm complaining blah blah, but there have been other games with bigger rosters on disc, and this is how I feel no matter what anyone says.

I'm still getting this game and I still love it, but that doesn't change the fact that I think the initial (more importantly on-disc) roster size is just 20 with Cole and Evil Cole being a really stupid decision. I don't really count them as 2 characters no matter what even if they have different moves etc. It's a bad decision IMO.

However, the HUD customization if it really is true is a super idea, kudos to SuperBot on that.

If the fanboy in you is offended by this post of mine, please have some cookies and milk and chillax.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 6 of 13 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

I can't say how much content is in it till I actually get the game. The roster size is not enough in my opinion. Others may say i'm complaining blah blah, but there have been other games with bigger rosters on disc, and this is how I feel no matter what anyone says.

I'm still getting this game and I still love it, but that doesn't change the fact that I think the initial (more importantly on-disc) roster size is just 20 with Cole and Evil Cole being a really stupid decision. I don't really count them as 2 characters no matter what even if they have different moves etc. It's a bad decision IMO.

However, the HUD customization if it really is true is a super idea, kudos to SuperBot on that.

If the fanboy in you is offended by this post of mine, please have some cookies and milk and chillax.

I really don't have an issue with you not thinking 20 is enough, but I do disagree with WHY.  It's not the disc size that should be taken as the parameter for how much they can get in the game, it's the time put into the game.  Size isn't a huge issue (even if the Vita does take the game down quite a bit in terms of what it can do), but it's the extra time that they'd've needed to take that's why we're at 20.

ecdf9e46
Message 7 of 13 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 8, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

I didn't know a 6-7 hour campaign, spec ops, NO Firefight, and multiplayer + multiplayer accessories that I can get out of Reach was a lot of content.  I'd give you forge, but even that's not really that much more than what Reach was.  Essentially you're saying there's a lot of content in a game that has LESS than its predecessor.

ecdf9e46
Message 8 of 13 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Nov 8, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

NO

Message 9 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 8, 2012

I'm sure Mortal kombat 9 had more than 20 characters on disc. Don't tell me this is a more difficult game to program or animate than mortal kombat, it's not. 

I'm not knocking on Superbot or the game or saying that 20 characters or this game is EASY to make or anything like that. Although I agree that getting 3rd party characters is a lot more difficult but still I feel a roster size of 30 would have been the perfect size for a 60 dollar AAA- title. The roster size of 20 is in no way preventing my buying of this game or even loving it, I've just pre-ordered it on PSN, but still this is just how I feel about the roster size. 

Can't wait to play as Fortesque Smiley Very Happy

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 10 of 13 (101 Views)
0 Likes