Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Re: Day 52: Trophies

Nov 3, 2012
Gosh dam, I love this game. I have never ever spent any time during the 4 years with my ps3 and 360 collecting trophies, but this game I want to collect them all.
Message 11 of 14 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Nov 3, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

So as you all know by now, the Trophies for PSAS were released earlier in the week. Here I'm going to comment with my opinion of the Trophies. My opinion is really based on the fact that this is a fighting game, and that fighting games, as a whole, are split into two categories as far as Achievements/Trophies are concerned: Ridiculously easy, and ridiculously hard. There's never really been a true middle ground as far as fighting games go.

I prefer the former, and that's what we have. PSAS's achievements are undeniably ridiculously easy. The only one that poses a true challenge may be "The Legend" (the one that requires you beat Arcade Mode on Legend), and that's only if Legend Difficulty is actually hard. The ones that seem to be supposedly hard (getting a triple kill, getting a triple kill with a lvl1) I've already done (hell, I've done literally all of the online ones several times over already), and they'd only be a few matches into online before I got them again. Likely the most tedious online one would be for reaching 3X Overtime, only because that's based entirely on luck, and even then I've done that at least seven times in the Public Beta alone.

You get a Platinum for playing the game to its fullest, and I actually respect games that do that. You're not going to have to go out of your way for most of these Trophies, but you'll get them by enjoying the game. That said, it's not a cakewalk, as there are 20 trophies that require you to beat Arcade Mode - which may take a short time or a long time depending on how long Arcade Mode actually is - and a baker's dozen more trophies that require you to specifically do a lvl3 on a character's home stage. They're time-consuming but not in any way truly difficult for anybody who plays the game enough. There aren't any Trophies that require you to do insane amounts of grinding to unlock the uberepicamazingtasticfantabulicious belt at the end of Kratos's character level, which I'm completely alright with, and there isn't one for getting 34 kills without dying in an online FFA game either.

Personally, I think for a fighting game the Trophies are very good. They're not making you do something insane (UMVC3, I'm lookin' at you), and the trophies as a whole make sure you play the game to the fullest extent possible. While there could be better Trophies - I'll be the first to admit that - I came in expecting them to either be really easy or really infuriatingly annoying, and I got the one I preferred so I'm happy with what we have. What do you guys think about the Trophies?

i agree with ya broskie, they did seem rather...well easy compared to some of the other Plats ive got.

but hey! i know ill be playing this long after launch regardless, so, oh well Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
423 posts

Nov 3, 2012
the trophies for the game were released 0_0????
when show link plz
Message 13 of 14 (28 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 3, 2012
I dont like trophies,so I dont care.
Trophies are stupid.Why cant I delete them?Stupid idea.
Message 14 of 14 (26 Views)
0 Likes