Oct 27 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 51: Paul Gale and More Characters

25 replies 723 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

This is a thread I've been wanting to do for a while now. I'll probably get some flak for it, but I really don't care.

Paul Gale has reached the point of the Beta Leak. Many of you may know what I mean, but I'll elaborate nevertheless. Remember when the Beta Leak first happened? Everybody loved it; it was something to talk about, and brought so much more to the forums. Remember a week or so later? It was quiet, and people started realizing that while the leak brought a high point in the forums, like everything that rises, the forums fell to a new low in terms of activity. We had nothing to be excited for at that point, and we showed it.

Well, now Paul Gale has reached the point that I have realized, like the Beta Leak, he's a detriment to All-Stars. I like Paul, I really do, but he should just shut his mouth up and his computer down at this point. My reason is simple: He's unnecessarily raising hope for this game now. Hope was something we needed after the Beta Leak, and something he gave with his hints. Now, we know for a fact (if SuperBot isn't breaking the number one rule of being a consumer business) that there are only 20 characters. However, he continues to bring comments in that hint at four more characters. This wouldn't be an issue if people didn't listen to him as much as they currently do. Many people are taking PG's words as gospel, and justifying their opinion of every comment that SuperBot makes with PG's previous comments. He helped raise hype for TGS, essentially pissing off the majority of the fanbase, and the blame went entirely to the company even though they'd never actually confirmed a TGS reveal. And then he hinted at something big for the LA Beatdown Event yesterday, and look what didn't happen there. He continues to comment on things involving the game long after he should've stopped, and has overstayed his welcome. If he wants to continue, he should reveal everything else he knows, and stop with this vagueness. SuperBot already hates him, and he's hurt them about as much as the Beta Leak ever did.

This brings me to my next point. There are 20 characters. Stop hoping for more. You all know I've been an optimist and many times an apologist since day one. I'm optimistic about the game, but I'm not going to continue getting my hopes up every time something is going to get announced. The 20+ rumor died when The All-Star didn't reveal any new characters, as should any expectation of more than 20. That way, if more are revealed, we are all happily surprised, and if none are revealed, we're not all disappointed. Every expectation for more characters is hurting your opinion of every reveal, show, and commercial, and maybe even the game itself.

Now bring on the hate.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 26 (723 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Re: Day 51: Paul Gale and More Characters

Oct 27, 2012

Crash is the difference between me giving my money to Superbot or not.

Message 2 of 26 (710 Views)
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Oct 27, 2012

CutiePatutiee wrote:

Why the f*** are you still here?

Message 3 of 26 (684 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Paul helped the game hype. That is all.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 4 of 26 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 27, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
Paul helped the game hype. That is all.

So did the Beta Leak at one point.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 5 of 26 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Oct 27, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

The very same reason you're here. To voice his opinion...

The Party Panda.png

Message 6 of 26 (668 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Nah i think everyone is here cause they're stocked about the game
Message 7 of 26 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Oct 27, 2012

As I've said before, I'll never fall for anyone's hints(unless it's from Omar)again; I'm sick of being lied to. It makes all look like optimistic fools that will believe anything anyone says about this game character wise. Those who chose to still believe Paul are the fools; he's the puppet master and they are his puppets that'll do what ever he says.

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 8 of 26 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Oct 27, 2012

XxPartyPandazXx wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

CutiePatutiee wrote:

The very same reason you're here. To voice his opinion...

His opinion?

Look at at his posting history. He talks trash about the game and insults other forum goers all the time. "His opinion" holds no value around here.

Message 9 of 26 (612 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

hahahahaha... Dp ive been saying this for months. All i got was crap and look what it brought me. Stupid arguments and i even told people to stop listening to the Rhumba guy on youtube but people still choose to listen to him, there are so many the Mink.
ive even done fake stuff just to see reaction and then de-confirm them. Remember this:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/I-HAVE-BEEN-CONTACTED/m-p/384202...

So many people believed this... unbelievable

Message 10 of 26 (602 Views)
0 Likes