Oct 06 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 32: Wording

4 replies 139 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

One word seems to have passed everybody's mind over the past day that I was gone.  One single, very significant word.

Launch.

Omar said that the known 20 is the launch roster.  NOT the final roster.  So how is it that half of the forum believes that Omar's explicitly-chosen and explicitly-spoken words means that we're done with anything, not counting DLC?  The term "launch roster" has never been used before this game, to my knowledge, so we have no prior experience to dictate what the hell a launch roster really is.  As always, people take one thing and convert it into something completely different.

The term, as I've noted in a previous thread, has multiple different meanings, none of which we can count out at this point.  Could it be the final roster?  Possibly.  Could it be the final revealed roster?  Possibly.  Could it be the final unlocked roster?  Possibly (after all, Clockw0rk left the door open in his comment, and the backlash to his comment may have caused SuperBot to make at least a few characters unlockable).  So why are we going for the most negative of the three?  It's blatantly obvious that SuperBot chose these words when they gave the information to Sid Shuman, and it's just as obvious that he followed it verbatim.  They could've chosen these words specifically to cover their own **bleep** and make it possible for a thread like this to be made, questioning what they meant, or it could've been because they're not revealing anybody else.  Hell, it could've been simply because they're done revealing characters that are unlocked at launch.  We don't know, and assuming one thing based off of some words has already caused dozens of problems on these forums before (need I bring up TGS?).

Right now, all we have is a deconfirmed Crash.  I think.

I'm not going to say it's one for sure, because assumption leads to disappointment.  That goes both ways.  None of you should assume one thing based on specified words that don't confirm anything.  When he says launch roster, we should think, wait for it, "launch roster."  They've been pretty bad at advertising and PR in general before, but when they directly say one thing and stick to that exact wording multiple times, it's safe to say we shouldn't try diving beyond that, because we know they're intentionally doing something that we don't know.  I'm going to leave launch characters at just that and wait to see how this is elaborated upon.  If someone stands by only one option, I'll bring up the wording and point out that it doesn't definitely mean what that person thinks it means, but that's as far as I'm going to go on this entire subject.  I've already dedicated two Daily Threads to this one word, so I don't feel like I have any reason to jump to conclusions or even go further into the subject.

Either way, I'm satisfied with the launch characters, final or not.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 5 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Day 32: Wording

Oct 6, 2012
Yeah I've always thought about that. They all seem to use the word 'launch' charecters. Just seems a little strange, especially Omar Kendells most recent interview when he's asked how many charecters there'll be in the game, he seemed to emphasise the word 'launch' everytime he said it (and he did say it everytime he was mentioning charecters). I wouldn't think anything of it thought, just strange is all.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 5 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Omar did explicitely state all characters would be unlocked during the interview yesterday. Usually I am in 100 percent agreement with your daily threads dp, but in this case I believe it would be best if we all just went with 20 characters on disk. However, there is a very good chance we will get dlc!

Message 3 of 5 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 7, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
Omar did explicitely state all characters would be unlocked during the interview yesterday. Usually I am in 100 percent agreement with your daily threads dp, but in this case I believe it would be best if we all just went with 20 characters on disk. However, there is a very good chance we will get dlc!

Alright; I hadn't gotten a chance to see all of the interview videos yet, so I missed that part.  However, the use of the word "launch" in place of "final" over and over again is too suspicious for me to assume anything about the final roster.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 4 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

The emphasis on the word "launch" does seem a little strange. If the 20 characters are the final roster, I just can't for the life of me understand why the would reveal all of them so soon before the game releases. Even with the beta leak, they could of easily stretched things out as far as the character trailers are concerned. Not that I'm getting my hopes up for more characters (I already fell victim to having false hope for characters like Cloud and Crash through Rumba, PG, and all those other prophets who claimed to have sources), but with how awkward and strange this whole process has been, I wouldn't put anything past Superbot at this point. Either way I'm getting the game and I think once people actually get their hands on a demo, the gameplay (which is extremely fun and addicting) will sell the game to people regardless of whether this for sure is the final roster.

Message 5 of 5 (70 Views)