Oct 05 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 31: AC Rep

6 replies 192 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Let me preface this by saying two things. First, I won't be active for most of tonight because I'm going to a LAN party, and won't likely be back on until tomorrow, so I may not get another daily thread in today (even though I'm behind). Second, very rarely does a video game trailer move me. With that, I'm going to say this:

I'm sold on ACIII.

After I neglected to buy Revelations because I predicted it to be mediocre (boy was I spot-on in retrospect), I was concerned about the creative direction of Assassin's Creed. Slowly that faded as info trickled in, but the reservations were still there. However, those reservations were shattered a few days ago when I saw this:

and instantly decided that it was an instant buy. Hell, that trailer alone reaffirmed my love for the series. Mind you, that's only the second time I've ever been impressed at all by a trailer (the other being the absolutely fantastic Michael advert).

Now with my love for the series being reestablished, I'm also sold on an AC rep in this game. I've never been against an AC rep, per se, but I've been vehemently against the presence of an old AC rep. Altair is dead. Ezio is dead. I don't want to see them again, because they (mainly Ezio) were oversaturated by the time Revelations came around, even if Ezio is one of my favorite characters of this generation. I'd been supporting Connor, Aveline, and Desmond since the question of which should be in first arose. Now that I'm excited for ACIII, I can say that I'm much more for an AC rep than I was before. I was neutral for one in general, but now I'm definitely in favor of one. That said, I'm still standing by the three current characters. Considering half the reason I wasn't sure about ACIII was because I felt Desmond should've just been the main character throughout, it's safe to say that Desmond's still in the lead. Connor still has to prove something to me, as does Aveline.

Anyway, that's all I really have to say on the subject. I'm not going to get too much into specifics, partially because I don't have much time to. Who would you guys like to represent Assassin's Creed (if anybody) for PSASBR? Would you prefer him/her as DLC or in the full game? Let me know below. I also still haven't decided on a thread for Monday, so be sure to throw out a few ideas, as well!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 7 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Re: Day 31: AC Rep

Oct 5, 2012
Connor>>>
Message 2 of 7 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Watch the new trailer, after watching that I'm sold on Conner.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 7 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2012

I cant believe how the Puff Daddy song fit so well on the trailer... Might give the AC series a shot after so much time thinking of it

And yes, put Connor on PSASBR, guy deserves a shot

Message 4 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I'm serious here by the way, watch the new trailer, it's crazy good.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 5 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 5, 2012

The trailer's great and I'm glad that you love AC again. I think that Connor should be the choice for this game because he is a fresh character that people don't necessarily know a lot about.

"They're all good at killing."
-Omar Kendall IGN LIvestream [18:33] 11/14/12
Message 6 of 7 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2383 posts

Oct 5, 2012
i dont really want to see a AC rep in the game but this is just my opinion
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 7 of 7 (131 Views)
0 Likes