Wastelander
722 posts

Re: Day 26: What is a Launch Character?

Oct 1, 2012
Nice breakdown, DP. Personally, I'd like to believe there are more characters that need to be unlocked, but I'm not hinging any hope on it after Clockworks comments.

I sheepishly boarded the TGS hype train and stayed up half the night when I had better things to do and ended up feeling like a total fool the next day. From this point on, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, even Sid Shuman's comments. We only have a month and a half to go now, and I refuse to let myself get disappointed like that again over a video game. I won't be burned twice, but I will admit the soap opera style drama surrounding this game is making the wait a bit more bearable.
Message 11 of 16 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
411 posts

Oct 1, 2012
just wonder
dont you have any thing do ?
you always writing long texts
really
Message 12 of 16 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 1, 2012
He's writing a series of blog-styled posts designed to spark discussion by touching on different topics each day. I'm sure he's busy enough but takes the time out of his life to do this. I for one, appreciate them.
Message 13 of 16 (49 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1124 posts

Oct 1, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Gekidami wrote:
Well the games community manager has already said that there are no unlockable characters, so thats that.

The community manager also called the MAWLR a Metal Gear.

lol And? How is he tripping up on the name of a thing durring a live interview and him giving info on a game in written form connected? Please, you're being pathetic.

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Although I forgot to note one thing: The community manager said that all of the characters would be unlocked from the start, but then in that very same post hinted at unlockable hidden characters.  So we really don't have any flat-out proof that everybody's unlockable.

No, he said we'll have to wait and see if they're going to reveal all of the characters before launch, he wasnt talking about unlocks.

Got any more aspects of reality to want to change to fit your delusion?

Message 14 of 16 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 1, 2012

Gekidami wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Gekidami wrote:
Well the games community manager has already said that there are no unlockable characters, so thats that.

The community manager also called the MAWLR a Metal Gear.

lol And? How is he tripping up on the name of a thing durring a live interview and him giving info on a game in written form connected? Please, you're being pathetic.

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Although I forgot to note one thing: The community manager said that all of the characters would be unlocked from the start, but then in that very same post hinted at unlockable hidden characters.  So we really don't have any flat-out proof that everybody's unlockable.

No, he said we'll have to wait and see if they're going to reveal all of the characters before launch, he wasnt talking about unlocks.

Got any more aspects of reality to want to change to fit your delusion?

1. I'm being pathetic for pointing out that he's been wrong before, and very badly wrong?  Someone who works there should be spot-on and should know his own game before going into a live interview.  He had to talk about one stage, and screwed it up without ever correcting himself.  Who's to say he didn't do the same here?

2. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/14/playstation-all-stars-gamescom-reveal-dante-sackboy-spike-...

Explain to me in comment 75 where he says that he's not talking about unlocks.  He doesn't, so you cannot assume that it's definitely what you see in it.  I'm not saying there are unlockable characters, I'm simply saying that it's not a definite that there aren't.  This is compounded by the fact that that specific comment is one month old, and given the fans' reaction, could have changed by now.

It's not delusion if the door is left open the whole time.  Given how bad SuperBot is at PR, nothing is guaranteed until they straight-up say it definitively.  Right now we have a month-old comment from somebody who doesn't actually work on the game itself, who has messed up before, in which he makes a vague response that seems to leave the door open to change

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 15 of 16 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 1, 2012

fifa13fayfim wrote:
just wonder
dont you have any thing do ?
you always writing long texts
really

Well, it takes me about five or ten minutes to do most of these, and I usually do it after I'm done with everything else I need to do for a day (with an exception or two).  

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 16 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes