Sep 27 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 23: Fat Princess Strategies

4 replies 150 views Edited Sep 27, 2012

Today, I'll be touching upon everyone's favorite morbidly obese Peach knockoff, Fat Princess. What's a better way to describe how to play against her than her favorite food, CAKE?

COMBO: Fat Princess is brutal when used correctly, so it's crucial to keep her as limited as possible throughout the game. If you don't combo her enough, she'll do it to you, and she'll do it better. Giving her an inch is equivalent to giving yourself a loss in many cases.

ASSISTS: Fat Princess' Circle-Button is entirely mapped with assist characters. The only way I've seen FP successfully played without spam is by using her other attacks in unison with her assists. They can attack entirely independent of her regular attacks, and can be simultaneously called in while she's in mid-combo with her regular attacks. Hell, if a Fat Princess is only using one or the other, she's not going to gain enough AP to successfully control the match like a good Fat Princess can. As Aceun pointed out to me, the assists' hitboxes remain the same even if you get hit, so she can get a hit on you even if you knock her across the map. What you want to do when fighting a Fat Princess is make sure that she can't use both in tandem. If you take away one part of her moveset, she's significantly crippled. Her assist moves are hard to limit, so you want to make sure she can only use those, and limit her regular attacks.

KNOW: The easiest way to defeat a given Fat Princess is to know your enemy. Play a few matches as Fat Princess every now and then, and see how these people do their combos successfully. If you know what works and what doesn't, you can play off of that when fighting against her by getting her into situations that don't work. You also have to know what kind of Fat Princess you're fighting. Study your opponent while fighting him/her. If you see that it's a very good Fat Princess, you'll want to either go right for her to prevent her from getting a large amount of AP off of everybody else or you'll want to avoid her so that you don't give her that large amount of AP. If it's a very novice Fat Princess, you should focus on her for some easy AP.

EVOLVE: One of the biggest things about Fat Princess is how much she's changed over a short amount of time. Originally everyone thought she was a useless waste of space (and a lot of space, too, as she's not a small lady), and nobody really knew how to use her. Very quickly, people adapted their strategies and now we have more than a handful of people that can use Fat Princess so well that she's **bleep** near unbeatable. If she's changed that much in this short amount of time, who's to say she won't change overnight again? You can't simply stick to preparing for only the two main styles of Fat Princess, as there might be someone who's an exception to the rule. Quite simply, be ready for her to evolve, and evolve to these changes accordingly, because sticking to an old and dead strategy is only going to get you killed.

I want to throw out a thanks to Aceun for giving me the details on a successful Fat Princess strategy and helping me to create this counter-strategy guide. There are a few things that he mentioned that I did not note in the acronym that I want to bring up. Aceun recommends that you cater your Supers based on the map size. He says to use her lvl3 when you're on a big map and a lvl2 when you're on a small map. Now, I've never seen a successful Fat Princess lvl3, so I'm not sure how useful this idea is. However, if you happen to play the same Fat Princess a few times on different maps, and she does change up her use of Supers methodically, then this info may be of use to you at some point.

Anyway, this is really all the info I currently have on Fat Princess. It's not much, but it may help someone turn the tide of one match somewhere. If this happens, I've accomplished what I wanted, and that's all that really matters. Be sure to comment with any additions you'd like to throw on top of my strategy, or with ideas for Monday's thread, or if you want to be part of the Second Opinion Segment. I still need somebody with good knowledge of Sweet Tooth so that I can give an accurate strategy for facing him, so if you think you can help, be sure to PM me with your strategy. It doesn't have to be in acronym form, don't worry. Once again I want to thank Aceun for helping me out with this one.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 5 (150 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Re: Day 23: Fat Princess Strategies

Sep 27, 2012
Haha wow no comments on an article about fp no suprise
Message 2 of 5 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Sep 27, 2012
wow great strategies but i still won't use her XD Hey rusty why did you make a new account
Message 3 of 5 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Great post, enjoyable and informative read. I've loved all of your strategy threads, keep up the good work.

Message 4 of 5 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Oct 1, 2012
Just got around to seeing this. Great work and glad I can help!
------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)
0 Likes