Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 24 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 20: Radec Strategies

10 replies 222 views Edited Sep 24, 2012

Okay, I just have to get this out of the way now, because it'll be a recurring issue later down the line and then I can link to this as needed.

Radec is not OP. He's not. He's a decent character with decent Supers. His lvl3 might need a tweak in aim speed, but that'd be it. There are many ways to avoid his attacks, specifically his brutal sniper side-:^:, and I'll list them below. If you wanna beat Radec, you just need to use RADEC

RISE: Jump. It's there for a reason. Jumping between his shots is relatively easy, and allows you to rise above any Radec shots. This brings me to my next point.

AVOID: Roll. It's also there for a reason. Blocking during his attack and then rolling between shots keeps your block in place when you get up and gives you about half a frame of invincibility in case he does get a shot off while you're rolling. It allows you to avoid many of his shots.

DEFEND: Block. Again, it's there for a reason. Although this game may be much more offensive than SSB's defensive]-styled play, the block is still able to make or break a match. Blocking negates all damage and knockback. If you've got a Radec spammer, a simple strategy of blocking and moving up between shots is very easy and can be accomplished with literally any character. Which brings me to my next strategy.

EXPECT: When you see a Radec, expect the spam.  Prepare accordingly.  Go for him only for a while until he's a non-factor in the match. Use your Supers on him. Radec is a dangerous opponent, especially when avoided, which means that you should make sure you keep an eye on no matter the circumstance.

COMBO: When you get in close, don't stop there! Combo] him until he's a bloody pulp. The moment you give him some give room is the moment you'll regret it.

Now this is mainly to prevent getting beaten by a Radec spammer, but this does also apply to Radecs in general. The good Radecs will make use of all of his moves, so you should adapt this strategy as needed to make sure you're not treating a pro like he's a noob.

That's my thread for today. I want to note in advance that tomorrow's thread topic is closed. I've got the topic tomorrow set in stone, and I've got something new I'm trying out as well. It could quite possibly be the most controversial and heated Monday debate so far. That shouldn't stop you from asking questions for next week's Monday thread, though! If you've got a good topic, let me know!  And let me know what you think about this little acronym, as well!  If people like it, I may continue it with other characters.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Re: Day 20: Radec Strategies

Sep 24, 2012
You seem like writer, like a journalist or something. Nice thread!
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 2 of 11 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Sep 24, 2012
one thing ive realized while playing as Radec is everyone expects me to be a long ranged spammer so when i go close range noone expects it making it an excellent strategy as well
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 3 of 11 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I've almost perfected Radec getting 2 level 3's in a match.
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 4 of 11 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Thanks, Stefan, I try. Wait, did you get banned again?

Also, dragonfire, that's very true. Playing any character completely contrary to the norm always seems to catch people really off guard.
ecdf9e46
Message 5 of 11 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 24, 2012
No I'm on my iPod and havent signed out of this account yet. when I'm Radec I like to switch thing up. I'll spam the sniper but then I'll switch to grenades then melee. For Radec it's all about keeping your distance and catching people off guard with melee
Join my tournament!
Message 6 of 11 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Oh, okay.

I actually like Radec's melee quite a bit. I think he's a lot better of a close-range fighter than people make him out to be. I want to get more time with him in, though, because I haven't gotten too much time on him. He's my third most-played far behind PaRappa, who's pretty far behind Kratos. Sweet Tooth and FP are pretty much tied with like three games each. I haven't really gotten into those two yet. But I digress.
ecdf9e46
Message 7 of 11 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I guess I can see pros using Radec. But I really can see a pro using Sweet tooth. Sure he's fun but to risky if you are in a tournament.
Join my tournament!
Message 8 of 11 (173 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Good thread but anybody who think Radec is OP needs help......his sniper has a 2 second startup before it comes out close to 4 before he fully recovers from the move to attack again, he can't cancel out of it to stay safe, and it only goes horizontal. 2 seconds for a move to come out is a long window to counterattack it. Characters with moves that can be used as air dashes (sweet tooth & parappa) should have no problem. I put him in the same category as dhalsim cause when u get in he has little to no options.....its so easy to get in......just my opinion:smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 11 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 24, 2012
agreed, he does remind me of dhalsim. heh, I was thinking maybe sackboy was also another dhalsim
Message 10 of 11 (136 Views)
0 Likes