Sep 15 2012
By: DivinePaladin27 Treasure Hunter 4668 posts

Day 11: SDCC Reveal

4 replies 249 views Edited Sep 15, 2012

Well, time for today's thread. Obviously today we're going to talk about the SDCC reveals. Although they took place a very short time after the EVO showing, the reveal was much better. That's not to say it was that good. Although the characters themselves didn't cater to the event as much as the previous two had, it got two obvious characters out of the way and gave us information that would've held us for three weeks (although the beta leak sparked not too long afterwards and gave us much more to speak about, on an unrelated note).

The first was one that everyone expected for SDCC: Cole. He makes sense because of the comic style that inFamous takes, and because of his DC comic series. I really don't have much to add about him. The second was an obvious character, but not for SDCC, in Jak and Daxter. Honestly, Jak looked so unpolished that I almost think there was an issue with the other character they were revealing so they had to throw Jak in the fray instead a few days before the show. I expected Ratchet & Clank for the second SDCC rep because he made much more sense than Jak for the theme, but regardless Jak's gameplay impressed me enough to be okay with them changing the trend they'd seemingly created.

The panel, like EVO's before it, gave us fans quite a bit to talk about, and it seems like SDCC rendered many more YouTube gameplay videos from fans. This is why I feel SDCC was superior to EVO, in addition to the many issues that EVO had (I won't mention them here; just head to yesterday's thread for that).

Anyway, since I don't have much else to say about SDCC, let's just get to the list:
3. E3
4. SDCC
5. EVO
6. Initial Reveal

Honestly, SDCC was the "eh" one of the reveals. The Initial Reveal's still the worst because of what it did, which was nothing. EVO was the second worst because it did some good but a lot of bad. SDCC is 4th because it did no real "bad" per se, but it didn't do all that much good more than EVO. E3 didn't do much, but it did it well.

You guys can all see what the last two are going to be, but now it's down to the order. What do you guys think I'm going to pick for number 1? And why do you think I'll do so? Do you think SDCC should be higher on the list? Well let me know below! And as always, ask away for Monday!

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 1 of 5 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: Day 11: SDCC Reveal

Sep 15, 2012

I can see these daily journals becoming something of hype-amper.

A edge-of-the seat idea would be to compare both of the last events in one journal to prepare the #1 slot. But I bet you already thought of that. =D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 5 (212 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 15, 2012

I honestly don't know what could be #1 or 2. Maybe the most recent reveal?

Message 3 of 5 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 15, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

I can see these daily journals becoming something of hype-amper.

A edge-of-the seat idea would be to compare both of the last events in one journal to prepare the #1 slot. But I bet you already thought of that. =D

Y'know, I actually didn't!  I was going to do my number two and explain my reasons for number one the next day.  I might just use that idea, though!  Kudos to you.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 4 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Sep 16, 2012

You're welcome. =D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes