Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Re: Daxter vs Clank

Nov 18, 2012

DannyX13 wrote:
I guess you haven't played the future series of ratchet and clank? Welp I'm outa here

For some reason he doesnt want to compare PS3 clank to PS2 Dax but you dont even need to anyway.

Message 61 of 161 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Message 62 of 161 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 18, 2012

DannyX13 wrote:
I guess you haven't played the future series of ratchet and clank? Welp I'm outa here

HERE WE GO AGAIN STOP COMPARING THE FUTURE PS3 GAMES WITH THE PS2 GAMES!

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 63 of 161 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 18, 2012
There's nothing wrong with comparing Dark Daxter to Giant Clank, seeing as how they both premiered in PS2 games. Besides, this isn't the game on a graphical merit, it's a comparison of characters. Seriously dude, what is your deal?
Message 64 of 161 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

Nov 18, 2012

JesseCasco wrote:
There's nothing wrong with comparing Dark Daxter to Giant Clank, seeing as how they both premiered in PS2 games. Besides, this isn't the game on a graphical merit, it's a comparison of characters. Seriously dude, what is your deal?

No what my problem is ive seen some points brong up from Ratcht Ps3 games. You cant do that because Jak has no ps3 games. Thats like me saying Nakiro is btter then PS2 God of War before he came on PS3.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 65 of 161 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Guess cuz naughty dog hasn't made a jak game idk :/
Message 66 of 161 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Nov 18, 2012
And there's nothing wrong with that. Canon is canon, no matter what system.
Message 67 of 161 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 18, 2012

Okay, I'm gonna say that Clank would honestly win. And I'll give some goddam reasons to go with that.

As a note: I have played Jak 1-3, and a little of Daxter and The Lost Frontier. 

I have played through the whole Ratchet: Future series, All 4 One, and the PSP games. 

Let's start with Daxter. Daxter is small and can get through places easily. He easily beats Clank in speed, but that's really not an important attribute in this fight. In terms of abilities, Daxter has proficiency with weapons and has the ability to go Dark Daxter. He also has his own personal bug-fighting equipment. It should also be noted that his melee abilities are similar to Jak. As Dark Daxter, he is eight feet tall, giving him a size advantage over Clank in a normal state, and has several abilities. Among those abilities are Dark Bolts, which will give him a decent ranged attack. Frenzy Mode makes Dark Daxter essentially invincible as he spins around like Crash or - more appropriately- Taz, but he has little control over his movement. He can also slam the ground for a stunning shockwave. I should also add that Dark Daxter is a timed thing.

Clank is small and can fit into smaller areas- not as well as Daxter, I may add- but he can do it. I'm gonna say that Clank's strength is proabably better than that of Daxters, considering he has some interesting punch combos. To add to that, he actually has his own arsenal similar to that of Ratchet's, and he has the Chronoscepter, which is a much better weapon than Daxter's Bugswatter. Clank's body is easily modifiable, and he can turn in to flight, glide, hover, and swimming packs alike. He can also utilize these abilities on his own. Clank has recently become known for his power over time. He can throw time bombs that can slow down entire areas. He is also able to control the Zonis, a small alien race known for time control, that can assist him with small bolts in fighting or reconstructing broken areas. On top of a real arsenal, he has shown he has a stealth based arsenal as well. The thing that makes him REALLY beat Daxter in this fight is something that makes him able to directly combat Dark Daxter. Clank can become Giant Clank, which gives him the ability to become the size of a spaceship, and fly through space as such. In this form, Clank could step on Dark Daxter. Recently, in trailers for Full Frontal Assault, it was shown that Clank also gets access to a slightly less ridiculous modification. This increases his size to about Qwark's. 

So, essentially, Clank can win via more toys, more powers, and more forms. 

Clank's not even one of my favorite sidekicks. Personality-wise, I like Daxter more than Clank. I'm just saying that in this fight, Clank takes it. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 68 of 161 (198 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Nov 18, 2012

I would also like to add that the Future series is ENTIRELY viable. It DOES NOT matter whether or not Jak only had PS2 games. We are comparing characters across all of their existance, not just their PS2 games. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 69 of 161 (184 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Nov 18, 2012
Ratchet flies with clanks help in both helicopter and jetpack form. He also has a spaceship. Additionally, I don't really recall Jak being able to sustain light or dark form indefinitely. Correct me if I'm wrong and provide a link for proof. Ratchet's guns are so vicious and varied that without his light shield, Jak prolly won't stand much of a change once his light form runs out. Let's not forget the omega mods from deadlocked either.

On topic, Clank has been a Giant in the ps2 titles, an arena participant the same size as ratchet with the same guns, and if we are comparing Ps move dark daxter, then we can't ignore Clanks ability to manipulate time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 70 of 161 (177 Views)
0 Likes