First Son
15 posts

Re: Dash speed/Fall speed

Jul 22, 2012

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

So wait your saying all of the characters have the same speed, because that would seriously suck if that where true. 

I was unable to play all the characters, so I'm not QUITE certain that they all run at the same speed, but PaRappa, Fat Princess, and Drake all seemed to. Again, I could be wrong about the speed. It may have just been fairly similar. I would need to ask other people who have played as well. 

Message 21 of 28 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

blueyfooey wrote:

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

So wait your saying all of the characters have the same speed, because that would seriously suck if that where true. 

I was unable to play all the characters, so I'm not QUITE certain that they all run at the same speed, but PaRappa, Fat Princess, and Drake all seemed to. Again, I could be wrong about the speed. It may have just been fairly similar. I would need to ask other people who have played as well. 

Again, I felt that Big Daddy was a bit slower than the other players and their characters.  Unless it was my **bleep** mind playing tricks on me... Toro seemed faster that BD and those are the only characters I played as.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 22 of 28 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Um, not sure, I don't think it switches control, I think you can set each control to anything you want. And its confirmed each character moves at different speeds, plus fighting game fans are making it so it was obvious to have this.
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 23 of 28 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Jul 22, 2012

mtjjrstccw1 wrote:
Um, not sure, I don't think it switches control, I think you can set each control to anything you want. And its confirmed each character moves at different speeds, plus fighting game fans are making it so it was obvious to have this.

I'm sure OP is going to ask for a source for the confirmed speeds... So I will ask for it first.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 24 of 28 (57 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

Pyro-hem wrote:

blueyfooey wrote:

Silverfalcon3000 wrote:

Again, I felt that Big Daddy was a bit slower than the other players and their characters.  Unless it was my **bleep** mind playing tricks on me... Toro seemed faster that BD and those are the only characters I played as.

That's the problem. I feel crazy too. It may have just been your idea that big=slower and small=faster coming into play, or my annoyance at the constant speed a character runs at that makes us think differently about character speeds. It's hard to tell until the game actually comes out, or unless some more people play it and tell me/you differently. 

Edit:

Well, now that we have a source, I'm more at ease. I'm crazy for thinking they had the same speeds, but at ease.  

Message 25 of 28 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5382 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I don't remember where but I remember in an interview that characters move at different speeds like sly is fastest character in game (so far), basically they are capturing all characters essences which includes speed, so Sly would obviously be fast where as Big Daddy is slow.
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 26 of 28 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Characters all fall at the same speed to make combos consistent.

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Actually they fall at the same speed to be REALISTIC
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 28 of 28 (32 Views)