Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Re: Darn, anyone have any good Sackboy combos?

Jan 6, 2013

Well Ginta, the combos posted here are probably as good as they're going to get unless you want to start adding in the spawn point combos. How about we discuss Sackboy tech and strategies from this point on?

Message 11 of 36 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 6, 2013

simplegary wrote:

Well Ginta, the combos posted here are probably as good as they're going to get unless you want to start adding in the spawn point combos. How about we discuss Sackboy tech and strategies from this point on?

I made about 3 different spawn point combos, so yeah we can talk about both that and tech/strategies.

Message 12 of 36 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 6, 2013

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 13 of 36 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

Please don't give me that video, I have already seen it. The only thing it showed me was that 2 slap happy's could be chained together but the timing is harder than it looks. Other than that not much is learned from it.

Message 14 of 36 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Ginta, what do you do when someone's in melee range? Do you try to fight back or bounce pad your @ss out of there? I often try to fight back but keep forgetting that I generally need to be a lot closer to actually hit with Sackboy's melee. Perhaps I should stop playing Sackboy like other characters and start playing him like Sackboy.

Message 15 of 36 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 6, 2013

simplegary wrote:

Ginta, what do you do when someone's in melee range? Do you try to fight back or bounce pad your @ss out of there? I often try to fight back but keep forgetting that I generally need to be a lot closer to actually hit with Sackboy's melee. Perhaps I should stop playing Sackboy like other characters and start playing him like Sackboy.

Usually I try to fight back and when they are knocked away from me I switch back to using a long range Sackboy. There are times where I simply just ran away from the enemy, but there were others where I just chased them down hard (I do not advise you to do this unless you are 100% sure you will win). It also depends on the character. Toro is a character I recomend at fighting at a disance, while Sly up close since his barrel can screw Sackboy's day up. Also watch out for his counter and try not to be predictable.

Message 16 of 36 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jan 6, 2013

Duly noted. Toro is probably one Sackboy's worst matchups seeing as how most of Sackboy's combos will not work on him. Square square, down square won't even work on him for Pete's sake. Not to mention that Toro has an easier time getting rid of and navigating through Sackboy's defenses.

Message 17 of 36 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Jan 6, 2013

pb_mal wrote:
Tbh a lot of his combos probably aren't practical but I leave a bounce pad somewhere to reflect the cakes and jam and a life thing on the ground to teleport for an attack

Yup. 

In FFA Sackboy is the worst character when it comes to combos. His combos are easily interrupted by other characters because he doesn't have the (melee) range that other characters do.

Message 18 of 36 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jan 6, 2013

over triangle (uncharged) slap happy combo, up square, square

Message 19 of 36 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 6, 2013

simplegary wrote:

Duly noted. Toro is probably one Sackboy's worst matchups seeing as how most of Sackboy's combos will not work on him. Square square, down square won't even work on him for Pete's sake. Not to mention that Toro has an easier time getting rid of and navigating through Sackboy's defenses.

Yes indeed, which is when I see a Toro I just know I'll have a low chance of winning unless they just suck. I usually end up winning but it is easy to see that Toro is one of Sackboy's worst opponents, and only one combo works on him, and it is on a wall! Also, when Toro is in oni form do NOT stay on the ground.

Message 20 of 36 (112 Views)
0 Likes