Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
1384 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

new dante doesnt deserve the spot not because of story reasons, but because how is he a PLAYSTATION ALL STAR, AND HE IS A BLATANT SLAP TO THE FACE OF HARDCORE DMC FANS


DMC was exclusive for the first three games.  And any "Hardcore" DMC fans would be acceptant of New Dante because they like the games, not one character.  Hell, considering he's been tweaked to be more like Old Dante, you'd think that he'd be more for the fans.  But since one person doesn't like him, he's a slap in the face.  Genius.


no a hardcore fan doesnt stand for BS, a hardcore spyro fan knows that legends and skylanders arent spyro, a hardcore crash fan knows that titans and MoM arent crash, DmC is not a devil may cry game dante doesnt act like dante vergil is a **bleep**, the gameplay is slow, the devil trigger is weak, and to make it worse ninja theory/ capcom talk **bleep** about the original fans, the ones that bought the games and got the series to where it is today and still exspect them to buy it, new dante is a slap to the face becaus emore than one person clearly dislikes him and for the record when the game was first revealed i was one of the people saying lets wait and see before we judge, and we clearly now see THIS AINT DEVIL MAY CRY GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (81 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:
no a hardcore fanboy doesnt stand for change, a hardcore spyro fanboy knows that legends and skylanders arent spyro, a hardcore crash fanboy knows that titans and MoM arent crash

Oh, I unnderstand now.

 

It sounds like you just don't want to see a series change.  I hate to break it to you, but without change, DMC wouldn't exist at this point anyway.  The reboot is only in existence for two reasons: Capcom loves money, and DMC's sales have gone consistently downhill since the first game.  Complaining about character changes ("Vergil is a **bleep**") when you don't even know the full extent of the new character makes me chuckle.

 

If you have such an issue with DmC, then don't consider it a DMC game.  Don't call New Dante part of the DMC series.  Don't judge it in comparison.  If you say it's not DMC, don't compare it to DMC.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

new dante doesnt deserve the spot not because of story reasons, but because how is he a PLAYSTATION ALL STAR, AND HE IS A BLATANT SLAP TO THE FACE OF HARDCORE DMC FANS


DMC was exclusive for the first three games.  And any "Hardcore" DMC fans would be acceptant of New Dante because they like the games, not one character.  Hell, considering he's been tweaked to be more like Old Dante, you'd think that he'd be more for the fans.  But since one person doesn't like him, he's a slap in the face.  Genius.


ScreamKing is completely right. 

 

Let's say this once and for all. This forum is where I see more people liking this new Dante. Why? Because for you, everything PSABR-related is perfect. Simple as that. If Old Dante would have been instead of the new one, everybody would have liked him most. That's a fact, but you all can't even admit it.

 

Objectively, the inclusion of this New Dante is a **bleep**. Old Dante is iconic, has been in more games, and represented Playstation HISTORY for three out of four games. This new one, aside the fact that he's an unoriginal and pretty banal character (I like him anyway), didn't even appeared yet on a game, and when he will, it'll be on other platforms too.

 

There are no rational reasons AT ALL to find his inclusioni a smart move from Superbot. You must be a fanboy of the game, and in fact 90% of the people that I know who like his inclusion are on this forum. Period.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (73 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

new dante doesnt deserve the spot not because of story reasons, but because how is he a PLAYSTATION ALL STAR, AND HE IS A BLATANT SLAP TO THE FACE OF HARDCORE DMC FANS


DMC was exclusive for the first three games.  And any "Hardcore" DMC fans would be acceptant of New Dante because they like the games, not one character.  Hell, considering he's been tweaked to be more like Old Dante, you'd think that he'd be more for the fans.  But since one person doesn't like him, he's a slap in the face.  Genius.


ScreamKing is completely right. 

 

Let's say this once and for all. This forum is where I see more people liking this new Dante. Why? Because for you, everything PSABR-related is perfect. Simple as that. If Old Dante would have been instead of the new one, everybody would have liked him most. That's a fact, but you all can't even admit it.

 

Objectively, the inclusion of this New Dante is a **bleep**. Old Dante is iconic, has been in more games, and represented Playstation HISTORY for three out of four games. This new one, aside the fact that he's an unoriginal and pretty banal character (I like him anyway), didn't even appeared yet on a game, and when he will, it'll be on other platforms too.

 

There are no rational reasons AT ALL to find his inclusioni a smart move from Superbot. You must be a fanboy of the game, and in fact 90% of the people that I know who like his inclusion are on this forum. Period.


It's not a smart move by SuperBot.  It's a profitable move by Capcom.  I don't recall anybody in their right mind saying that SuperBot are geniuses for putting New Dante in, because that wouldn't make sense.

 

Also, there's a difference between liking and accepting something.  I don't like New Dante (I hate most of what Capcom does as a whole), but I'm going to have to accept that he's in.  I'd rather get over it now and look at positives of him in this game (his combos look very good, and he looks fun to play) instead of **bleep** and moan about how DmC sucks and how DmC betrays the fans of the game (as if Capcom hasn't betrayed fans before).  I by no means like any of the Devil May Cry games (I find them all really mediocre), but when people start saying that New Dante sucks because he's pretty much Old Dante ten years younger, I draw the line.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
1384 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:
no a hardcore fanboy doesnt stand for change, a hardcore spyro fanboy knows that legends and skylanders arent spyro, a hardcore crash fanboy knows that titans and MoM arent crash

Oh, I unnderstand now.

 

It sounds like you just don't want to see a series change.  I hate to break it to you, but without change, DMC wouldn't exist at this point anyway.  The reboot is only in existence for two reasons: Capcom loves money, and DMC's sales have gone consistently downhill since the first game.  Complaining about character changes ("Vergil is a **bleep**") when you don't even know the full extent of the new character makes me chuckle.

 

If you have such an issue with DmC, then don't consider it a DMC game.  Don't call New Dante part of the DMC series.  Don't judge it in comparison.  If you say it's not DMC, don't compare it to DMC.


first off i like it when a series changes FOR THE BETTER ex: the new tomb raider it looks like tomb raider but upgraded evrything about the new DMC is a downgrade and has been done before, you have to be a mindless fanboy of this game to even defend it , have you even played the originals, vergil doesnt give a **bleep** about humanity he wants to unleash the demon world upon them and the only human he ever cared for was his mother, and dante never went round saying **bleep** you to everyone and flipping his middle finger up at everyone, a series can change just as long as it stays true to what made it relevant, lets say they make a sly 5 and theres no stealth its all over the top action with (splinter cell) and sly acts like a murderer, bently is stupid, carmelita is a **bleep**, and murray is a wuss, how the **bleep** would that be sly?

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

new dante doesnt deserve the spot not because of story reasons, but because how is he a PLAYSTATION ALL STAR, AND HE IS A BLATANT SLAP TO THE FACE OF HARDCORE DMC FANS


DMC was exclusive for the first three games.  And any "Hardcore" DMC fans would be acceptant of New Dante because they like the games, not one character.  Hell, considering he's been tweaked to be more like Old Dante, you'd think that he'd be more for the fans.  But since one person doesn't like him, he's a slap in the face.  Genius.


ScreamKing is completely right. 

 

Let's say this once and for all. This forum is where I see more people liking this new Dante. Why? Because for you, everything PSABR-related is perfect. Simple as that. If Old Dante would have been instead of the new one, everybody would have liked him most. That's a fact, but you all can't even admit it.

 

Objectively, the inclusion of this New Dante is a **bleep**. Old Dante is iconic, has been in more games, and represented Playstation HISTORY for three out of four games. This new one, aside the fact that he's an unoriginal and pretty banal character (I like him anyway), didn't even appeared yet on a game, and when he will, it'll be on other platforms too.

 

There are no rational reasons AT ALL to find his inclusioni a smart move from Superbot. You must be a fanboy of the game, and in fact 90% of the people that I know who like his inclusion are on this forum. Period.


It's not a smart move by SuperBot.  It's a profitable move by Capcom.  I don't recall anybody in their right mind saying that SuperBot are geniuses for putting New Dante in, because that wouldn't make sense.

 

Also, there's a difference between liking and accepting something.  I don't like New Dante (I hate most of what Capcom does as a whole), but I'm going to have to accept that he's in.  I'd rather get over it now and look at positives of him in this game (his combos look very good, and he looks fun to play) instead of **bleep** and moan about how DmC sucks and how DmC betrays the fans of the game (as if Capcom hasn't betrayed fans before).  I by no means like any of the Devil May Cry games (I find them all really mediocre), but when people start saying that New Dante sucks because he's pretty much Old Dante ten years younger, I draw the line.


Oh c'mon, how can you say that New Dante is just the Old one ten years younger? He's completely different in every way. 

 

Anyway, accepting his presence it's OK, I do that too. But not complaining, why not? It's our right. We buy the product for Christ's sake. Even the "Capcom betrays all the time" argument is pretty useless. But you know what, if Capcom wants to make a reboot, that's actually fine. It's still more stupid the inclusion of New Dante in PSABR, for the reasons I said before. He is NOT Playstation history. 

 

You're right when you say that his inclusion is profitable to Capcom, but don't think Superbot just accepted their requests. I think they cut a pretty good deal and Superbot has managed to take something.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (59 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:
no a hardcore fanboy doesnt stand for change, a hardcore spyro fanboy knows that legends and skylanders arent spyro, a hardcore crash fanboy knows that titans and MoM arent crash

Oh, I unnderstand now.

 

It sounds like you just don't want to see a series change.  I hate to break it to you, but without change, DMC wouldn't exist at this point anyway.  The reboot is only in existence for two reasons: Capcom loves money, and DMC's sales have gone consistently downhill since the first game.  Complaining about character changes ("Vergil is a **bleep**") when you don't even know the full extent of the new character makes me chuckle.

 

If you have such an issue with DmC, then don't consider it a DMC game.  Don't call New Dante part of the DMC series.  Don't judge it in comparison.  If you say it's not DMC, don't compare it to DMC.


first off i like it when a series changes FOR THE BETTER ex: the new tomb raider it looks like tomb raider but upgraded evrything about the new DMC is a downgrade and has been done before, you have to be a mindless fanboy of this game to even defend it , have you even played the originals, vergil doesnt give a **bleep** about humanity he wants to unleash the demon world upon them and the only human he ever cared for was his mother, and dante never went round saying **bleep** you to everyone and flipping his middle finger up at everyone, a series can change just as long as it stays true to what made it relevant, lets say they make a sly 5 and theres no stealth its all over the top action with (splinter cell) and sly acts like a murderer, bently is stupid, carmelita is a **bleep**, and murray is a wuss, how the **bleep** would that be sly?


But the difference here is that DmC is a reboot of the series.  They're intentionally changing things (whether they change things to a fault isn't really known yet since we have no real clue how the story plays out).  Your hypothetical is for Sly 5, which would be a sequel and not a reboot (not to mention the fact that DmC is still the same mediocre gameplay that DMC1 created).  DmC in all respects is its own thing.  Comparing it and bashing it when compared to the DMC series is nonsensical since they're not aiming their game at you.  They're trying to get new fans (one of the reasons I hate Capcom is that they'll abandon an entire market).  You're saying things like "Dante never did this," but the thing is that the Dante you know and love doesn't exist anymore.  They changed the canon and New Dante is the real Dante now (unless they change it back in the next game).  If you're going to complain about DmC, complain about how bad the gameplay looks or something (which you already did), not by the characters being bad compared to a standard that according to canon doesn't exist anymore.  

 

Also, complaining about how DmC sucks when compared to DMC on the PSAS forum doesn't make much sense.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (57 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:
Oh c'mon, how can you say that New Dante is just the Old one ten years younger? He's completely different in every way. 

 

Anyway, accepting his presence it's OK, I do that too. But not complaining, why not? It's our right. We buy the product for Christ's sake. Even the "Capcom betrays all the time" argument is pretty useless. But you know what, if Capcom wants to make a reboot, that's actually fine. It's still more stupid the inclusion of New Dante in PSABR, for the reasons I said before. He is NOT Playstation history. 

 

You're right when you say that his inclusion is profitable to Capcom, but don't think Superbot just accepted their requests. I think they cut a pretty good deal and Superbot has managed to take something.


I'm going to start from the bottom of your comment and work my way up.  The question becomes what they took (we may have Old Dante as a costume or something, or maybe we got another Capcom character because we put in New Dante).

 

I'm not against complaining so long as it's relevant to this game.  ScreamKing's complaining about how New Dante's a terrible character and such and how DmC sucks, not about how he's not relevant to PS, which I can't necessarily argue (I could make the point about Dante is Dante, but I really stopped caring about New Dante's relevance to PS once I saw that he was at least fun to play).

 

And with New Dante, they morphed his character to seem more like Old Dante to pacify the fans that wouldn't shut up about how DmC's gonna suck.  He doesn't smoke anymore (at least they haven't shown him smoking), he cut down on the swearing, and he's essentially become Old Dante but with a bit of brashness (is brashness the correct form of the word?) to him.  He reminds me of a teenager compared to the later adult version: The teen is angsty and in many ways different from the older version, but they are in essence very similar, since they're the same person.  The only real difference with New Dante now is that he's Half-Angel in this game.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (55 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/24/2012
Offline
1659 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

Well I'll wait the release of the game. An alternate costume will fix everything, even if it will still be the fact that New Dante is considered more important, since the Old one would be a costume. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2011
Offline
5310 posts
 

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

cj5293 wrote:

The inclusion of new Dante reminds me alot of the decision to place Vaan in Dissidia 012. Everybody was complaining that he didnt deserve the spot becuase of his limited role in the story of FF12. However most people's opinions changed when they played as him and he also wasnt that bad story wise in Dissidia 012. I understand that new Dante is a totally different character to Old Dante but i feel that (hopefully) PSASBR will shed some light on him. 


He's getting a classic costume, so I doubt that the majority will use New Dante when they can pick Old Dante as a costume.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (45 Views)
Reply
0 Likes