Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Dante will receive the Vaan treatment

Sep 12, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

Well I'll wait the release of the game. An alternate costume will fix everything, even if it will still be the fact that New Dante is considered more important, since the Old one would be a costume. 

My initial acceptance of New Dante (prior to seeing him in action) was that I had a feeling they'd make an alternate costume for Old Dante, so I agree completely in that aspect.  Same goes for any "newer" version of a character (Skylanders Spyro, etc.).  Although the difference is that Dante is almost the same, moveset-wise, in this game New or Old.  Skylanders Spyro would be odd as the original skin, since Skylanders would probably be in his moveset.  But I digress...

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 21 of 27 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Sep 12, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

ScreamKing09 wrote:
no a hardcore fanboy doesnt stand for change, a hardcore spyro fanboy knows that legends and skylanders arent spyro, a hardcore crash fanboy knows that titans and MoM arent crash

Oh, I unnderstand now.

It sounds like you just don't want to see a series change.  I hate to break it to you, but without change, DMC wouldn't exist at this point anyway.  The reboot is only in existence for two reasons: Capcom loves money, and DMC's sales have gone consistently downhill since the first game.  Complaining about character changes ("Vergil is a **bleep**") when you don't even know the full extent of the new character makes me chuckle.

If you have such an issue with DmC, then don't consider it a DMC game.  Don't call New Dante part of the DMC series.  Don't judge it in comparison.  If you say it's not DMC, don't compare it to DMC.

first off i like it when a series changes FOR THE BETTER ex: the new tomb raider it looks like tomb raider but upgraded evrything about the new DMC is a downgrade and has been done before, you have to be a mindless fanboy of this game to even defend it , have you even played the originals, vergil doesnt give a **bleep** about humanity he wants to unleash the demon world upon them and the only human he ever cared for was his mother, and dante never went round saying **bleep** you to everyone and flipping his middle finger up at everyone, a series can change just as long as it stays true to what made it relevant, lets say they make a sly 5 and theres no stealth its all over the top action with (splinter cell) and sly acts like a murderer, bently is stupid, carmelita is a **bleep**, and murray is a wuss, how the **bleep** would that be sly?

But the difference here is that DmC is a reboot of the series.  They're intentionally changing things (whether they change things to a fault isn't really known yet since we have no real clue how the story plays out).  Your hypothetical is for Sly 5, which would be a sequel and not a reboot (not to mention the fact that DmC is still the same mediocre gameplay that DMC1 created).  DmC in all respects is its own thing.  Comparing it and bashing it when compared to the DMC series is nonsensical since they're not aiming their game at you.  They're trying to get new fans (one of the reasons I hate Capcom is that they'll abandon an entire market).  You're saying things like "Dante never did this," but the thing is that the Dante you know and love doesn't exist anymore.  They changed the canon and New Dante is the real Dante now (unless they change it back in the next game).  If you're going to complain about DmC, complain about how bad the gameplay looks or something (which you already did), not by the characters being bad compared to a standard that according to canon doesn't exist anymore.  

Also, complaining about how DmC sucks when compared to DMC on the PSAS forum doesn't make much sense.

the new tomb raider is a reebot and it looks like a tomb raider game only upgraded, its goint to show how she becomes the lara croft we know, the only thing that is of concern is the mythological aspect, and how can you call DMC mediocre gameplay it pretty much reinvented the genre it was in before god of war, and its not just me that hate this game, like i said i was one of the first people saying lets wait and see before we judge, and trying to defend DmC on a PSA forum doesnt make sense either

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 22 of 27 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Sep 12, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Well I'll wait the release of the game. An alternate costume will fix everything, even if it will still be the fact that New Dante is considered more important, since the Old one would be a costume. 

My initial acceptance of New Dante (prior to seeing him in action) was that I had a feeling they'd make an alternate costume for Old Dante, so I agree completely in that aspect.  Same goes for any "newer" version of a character (Skylanders Spyro, etc.).  Although the difference is that Dante is almost the same, moveset-wise, in this game New or Old.  Skylanders Spyro would be odd as the original skin, since Skylanders would probably be in his moveset.  But I digress...

Yeah, I don't really care about New Dante, but Skylanders Spyro, that would really **bleep** me off. I don't know the game, I actually heard it's nice, but my God, Spyro looks retarded. The old one is one of my favourite videogame icons EVER. Even more than Crash Bandicoot.

Message 23 of 27 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 12, 2012

ScreamKing, I'm only defending him because he's just as bad as the Dante you seem to love. 

RexLozuresky wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

Yeah, I don't really care about New Dante, but Skylanders Spyro, that would really **bleep** me off. I don't know the game, I actually heard it's nice, but my God, Spyro looks retarded. The old one is one of my favourite videogame icons EVER. Even more than Crash Bandicoot.

As a guy who wasn't ever into Spyro during its heyday, I really am impartial towards Skylanders Spyro as part of the moveset itself.  The character looks pretty awful, though; well, no, REALLY awful.  I'd practically need an old Spyro skin (whereas I can at least live without an Old Dante skin since New Dante just looks like he's part of a modern punk band and not an abomination).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 24 of 27 (48 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Final Fantasy 12 was awesome.
Message 25 of 27 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Sep 12, 2012

ScreamKing09 wrote:

new dante doesnt deserve the spot not because of story reasons, but because how is he a PLAYSTATION ALL STAR, AND HE IS A BLATANT SLAP TO THE FACE OF HARDCORE DMC FANS

What? I'm a hardcore DMC fan. I've been playing DMC since...what, 2004ish? I don't consider new Dante as a slap to the face. I consider Capcom to be **bleep**. I understand that it was out of Superbot's hands, and I'm glad that there is a Dante instead of no Dante at all.

Message 26 of 27 (39 Views)
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2011 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Anthony805 wrote:
Final Fantasy 12 was awesome.

I liked it to an extent, but XII left mixed to positive reception to my knowledge. 

Message 27 of 27 (30 Views)
0 Likes