Dec 04 2012
By: Snake_Nox Splicer 67 posts

Dante´s infinite combo. Cheap or legit?

64 replies 1534 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

Why does Dante have so many combos? I recently faced a pretty good Dante player, and he knew how to handle this guy. Just use his neutral slashes and some linking and you can trap your opponent in an infinite combo (well, semi infinite). I do not get this. Is it intentional by Superbot for this to work, or is it some kind of glitch? It´s the best thing he have. He can even combo into his super with it. With only 2 combos he can reliably get a super and use it, within the same combo.

Is there a way to get out of this? Does it work on every character or is it just some special trick to it that it´s important to use other combos as well?

Well anyhoo, what are your thoughts on this guy and his semi-infinite combo?

Message 1 of 65 (1,534 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Re: Dante´s infinite combo. Cheap or legit?

Dec 4, 2012
It's legit I know someone posted about his cancel combo, but it's like a 5 button press sequence . You gotta be really good and really fast to pull it off so I'm fine with it.
Message 2 of 65 (1,526 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Snake_Nox wrote:

Why does Dante have so many combos? I recently faced a pretty good Dante player, and he knew how to handle this guy. Just use his neutral slashes and some linking and you can trap your opponent in an infinite combo (well, semi infinite). I do not get this. Is it intentional by Superbot for this to work, or is it some kind of glitch? It´s the best thing he have. He can even combo into his super with it. With only 2 combos he can reliably get a super and use it, within the same combo.

Is there a way to get out of this? Does it work on every character or is it just some special trick to it that it´s important to use other combos as well?

Well anyhoo, what are your thoughts on this guy and his semi-infinite combo?

I've had this happen to me too, where he would slash twice, then let me crumple, then repeat.  He then proceeded to off me once he gained his lvl 1.  I'd say it's cheap, as he can just sit there and farm off of you while you can't do a thing about it.  Reminds me of a 2 v 2 I once had with two Drakes.  I literally got pinned between them and they just kept shooting me and I couldn't get out of it.  They did it until they both got lvl 3's.  That was one of the times I literally rage quitted.  It was so stupid...

Message 3 of 65 (1,516 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I actually faced a very skilled Nariko player and she had some crazy **bleep** combos... they took forever. I did end up winning the match (as Radec) but still seriously impressive combos.

I just think some characters have long combos, as long as they keep the AP gain sensible this is kinda okay IMO.

I still find Kratos' auto-homing chain grab to be the most annoying than any other move in the game. And yes I can block/dodge roll etc., but in FFA you know how it goes.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 65 (1,507 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Dec 4, 2012

stop saying stupid things... people on this forum saying things without logic... -_-

Message 5 of 65 (1,507 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 4, 2012

MioTenacious wrote:

stop saying stupid things... people on this forum saying things without logic... -_-

Who was this directed at?

Message 6 of 65 (1,503 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I've done this combo, it's really tough to pull off completely.

And for the last time, people. They aren't infinites if you get launched out of them.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 7 of 65 (1,503 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Dec 4, 2012

it's cheap, they can get good at it, and they can keep doing it.

it really takes the fun out of playing against dante mains cause they will only be trying this cheap **bleep** way of winning. and if they do it, we have to counteract it with a cheap way aswell, by spamming the same moves time after time.

but.. if you keep reading you'll notice that this is my signature.
Message 8 of 65 (1,493 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 4, 2012
You can argue the same for any meter break combo, really.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 9 of 65 (1,477 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I disagree with that. Take Parappas 140 combos for example, he need to s

tart with the very unsafe forward circle or use the walls to bounce off of to continue this combo. It´s awereness and strategy.

I would be fine with this combo actually if you couldn´t combo into his super with it. This way he is never in risk of missing with his super AND he can get like 70 AP before he safely gets in his super. Is there any other combo in the game that is that safe on block, gives so much AP AND let´s him combo into Super?

Message 10 of 65 (1,467 Views)
0 Likes